The Complete Philharmagic Show *ALOT of Spoilers*

Walter

*NOTE: This post contains slight spoilers from the original post!*

Got to see it today, and, apparently, it wasn't working as well as it could have been. I could barely smell the scents, I didn't notice any fog, and Donald's rear end was not sticking out of the hole at the end. It was just a hole. I did like how you could barely notice that the two other screens were two-dimensional, they were blended pretty seamlessly. You can only tell if you know, and even then, you can barely tell. The screen was large, but definately not as large as an Imax. I saw one once, and the screen was about as big as the entire building. Some people are comparing it to Shrek, so I guess I'll play. There was one really big thing that bothered me about Shrek- at the very beginning, he grabs a spider, drops it, and you "feel" them on your legs. It was a cheap excuse to use Disney's idea. It just couldn't be good after that. Philharmagic's 3D effects were better, and I really also love the lights, and the way that it seems that the wind blows at you from all directions.

Overall, I'd say that it's not a must-do, but definately one that I would do if I passed by and noticed that it has a short line.

Just my two cents.

orlpassholder

IMAX screen versus Mickey's Philharmagic screen

The screen in Mickey's Philharmagic is not as large height wise as an Imax screen but it is wider than an Imax screen.

When you get into the main thearter the main screen appears to be in the center of the theater ala normal movie theaters. When the show starts it is 180 degrees of screen. Imagine The Hall Of Presidents screen size with no seems.

I would say the height of the screen appears to be normal.

orlpassholder

Originally posted by Walter
*NOTE: This post contains slight spoilers from the original post!*

Got to see it today, and, apparently, it wasn't working as well as it could have been. I could barely smell the scents, I didn't notice any fog, and Donald's rear end was not sticking out of the hole at the end. It was just a hole.

Sorry to hear about the technical issues. They will all be worked out before the daily guest runs thats for sure. When I saw it the in house smoke was not working. Atleast I didnt see it. The scents did work and man do they smell good. When you see the "Be Our Guest" scene mmm made me hungry :slurp:

The Jasmin smell was good also. filled the theater space.

The water was working overtime. I could make out the little water cannons firing while the film was going and man what a spray LOL.

I will give my final review on Saturday after the Annual Passholder preview

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom