Trip Report The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway…Actually Yes, Yes It Did

Hello!!

So, excited to share another TR with you all! This quick trip was the trip that felt like it wouldn’t happen until we actually got on the airplane, so I was afraid to even write a Pre-Trip Report. But, we made it and had a GREAT time (even though the cold DID in fact bother us, sorry Elsa).

The Details…

Who: Me, and two of my wonderful colleagues who I will call A & P.

11EB662D-ADF2-44F9-9AD7-CEF1A6773842.jpeg

Why: A & P both had daughters who were going to be in WDW on a school trip, and wanted to be close to them in case anything went wrong. As for me, I never need a reason to go to Disney!!

Where: All-Star Music (to be at the same resort as the girls)

When: January 20-24, 2022

I was very excited to try out Disney in January. Typically, we go in the summer months and have been once over Thanksgiving and once over New Years Eve. I was looking forward to (hopefully) some low crowds and cooler weather! Little did I know, we were certainly in for some COOLER weather. 😂

Up Next… Travel Day!

ToInfinity

Original Poster
It had gotten even colder (as if that was possible) so we decided to head out around 5:00. P wanted to go to DS to find some ears. I suggested walking to the BW to catch a bus from there, but nobody wanted to do that so we hopped on a bus to OKW instead.

Y’all, 0/10 would not recommend 😂

I took this of the shells at the bus stop at OKW. Why? Because I got to sit and look at these shells for a whole 45 minutes!

D7E98C45-5557-42FC-BF80-61E6090B315C.jpeg

The bus took forever but finally we made it to DS. Two words for you: cold & crowded. I was too busy conserving body heat to take any pictures. 😳

We bee-lined it for WoD to get indoors and spent about an hour shopping.

704871B1-910C-44B9-9B71-62485F0E08BD.jpeg

A got some things for her son who is a big Disney fan. P ended up not getting anything because they didn’t have what she was looking for. I got these 50th ears and pins!

8FB9F971-F330-4038-AE92-6B9E46D7AFBA.jpeg

We made a quick stop in Basin but didn’t get anything, then we tried to figure out dinner. It was a Saturday night so it was very crowded and waits were well over an hour for most places. We couldn’t tolerate standing outside in the cold anymore so we left for the resort.

Burgers in the food court for the win! But really, this was pretty good. It was the pimento cheese bacon burger.

2E102C10-6F54-4B54-ABC3-7579AD13A35D.jpeg

We hung out in the food court and room and then called it a night. We had Epcot tomorrow!

Would it get any warmer?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom