Pre-Trip The Captain is headed Home!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
As you’ll see in my signature I’m a November Port Orleans Riverside girl but we recently did a bonus trip and stayed at Sports (my first time in 20 years staying somewhere else) - I couldn’t complain, the rooms were a bit tired but we had a good experience - I hope you get the same and enjoy your trip
Thank you! I'm looking forward to it! :)

*Flynnderella*

Looking forward to hearing about your trip :)

We stayed in All Star Sports in 2014 and really had no problems with it other than it being a little cramped for 4 adults. From 1996-2003 we only ever stayed in ASMu or ASM as we were just 3 kids and my mum so there was ample room but not now we're all bigger!! For that reason last May 2017 we decided to stay at Port Orleans Riverside :inlove: (and I have to say, I will never look back! I'm with @Longers on this one)

For the amount of time you sound like you'll be at the resort I think it'll be great!!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Looking forward to hearing about your trip :)

We stayed in All Star Sports in 2014 and really had no problems with it other than it being a little cramped for 4 adults. From 1996-2003 we only ever stayed in ASMu or ASM as we were just 3 kids and my mum so there was ample room but not now we're all bigger!! For that reason last May 2017 we decided to stay at Port Orleans Riverside :inlove: (and I have to say, I will never look back! I'm with @Longers on this one)

For the amount of time you sound like you'll be at the resort I think it'll be great!!
Thank you :) And yes, you can’t go wrong with Riverside!

DisneyGigi

Ok, I got a little busy over the weekend with trying to get my graduation invitations ready to be mailed (still not done yet :hilarious:). Who knew that could be such a pain in the butt?

I finally had a little free time earlier this afternoon and was about to get back into this PTR when this guy decided to show up in my yard.

View attachment 282638

Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?

O well, time to get my pistol!

View attachment 282639

Pretty good length. I’d say right at 3 feet, if not a tad bit longer.

I know that it was just a common black snake (non-venomous), but I didn’t want my adventurous and very curious dachshund to encounter it.
Alright, back to the important stuff.

Oh, yuck! I have been so paranoid walking outside, expecting to see a snake since it finally got warm here. The only good snake IMO, is a dead snake. Poisonous or not!

Who?
The norm - Me (Berkley), my sister, and my mom

When?
May 21-26
My graduation is on June 2nd, so we wanted to make sure that we would be back at least a week before.

Where?
ALL-STAR Sports

View attachment 282699

Originally, the plan was to stay at Coronado Springs, but do to changes in everyone's schedule, we had to shift the dates and CS was unavailable at the time. We were also planning on staying for 6 days/6 nights, but had to change it to 5 days/5 nights instead.

Now we usually stay in values because we like to be in the parks all day. The only time that we are really at the resort, is when it's time to go to bed. That's pretty much it. So once we knew that CS was out of the picture, we figured that it would be best to stay at a value. We thought about Caribbean Beach, but my sister stayed there in March and didn't care to go back so soon.

To make a long story short, Movies was unavailable, and POP and Music only had standard rooms. So we saw that Sports had a preferred room and booked it!

When I'm not obsessing over Disney, I'm obsessing over football, so I hope we stay in the "Touchdown!" section!

View attachment 282698

I'm not sure if the rooms there are also preferred, or if it's just "Surf's Up!", but they're defiantly close enough to Stadium Hall to be considered as preferred.

Now, I know that a lot of people cannot stand ALL-STAR Sports, but I'm hoping that we will have a good experience. I'm actually pretty excited about staying there.

1. It's someplace new.

2. I love sports, particularly football.

3. I will be one step closer to staying at all of the resorts :joyfull:

Guess I will have to see for myself!

Up next: The plan!

We stayed there our first stay onsite many years ago. We were in the Football section. The theme is very cool, but one thing I would suggest is asking for a second floor room. The foot traffic and amount of kids knocking on doors was insane. So much quieter on the 2nd floor.

Hope you have a great trip, following along.
Edit to add, I so stink at multi quotes, and my reply ended up in your quote. But yuck to the snake!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
We stayed there our first stay onsite many years ago. We were in the Football section. The theme is very cool, but one thing I would suggest is asking for a second floor room. The foot traffic and amount of kids knocking on doors was insane. So much quieter on the 2nd floor.

Hope you have a great trip, following along.
Edit to add, I so stink at multi quotes, and my reply ended up in your quote. But yuck to the snake!
Thanks for following!

Haha! I don’t care if it’s venomous or non-venomous, alive or dead, I HATE SNAKES!!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Ok, there's a couple FP changes that I need to bring up.

1. Booked my 3rd FP+ at AK for DINOSAUR (1:10 - 2:10). Now I may cancel it if an earlier time for Everest comes available.

2. Saw that a FP was available for Peter Pan (1:10 - 2:10) on Wednesday May 23rd (MK day 1) and booked it. With that being said, I cancelled our original FP for Peter Pan on Friday May 25th (MK day 2). This fits in perfectly between our FPs for JC and Splash.

KBLovedDisney

Count me in Cap'n!
tumblr_n2jwexSFFG1t0oqv2o4_400.gif

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
WAIT!!! Snakes are for the most part beneficial. They eat all sorts of vermin. Especially mice. Oh...… Kill the sucker.... :eek:
That's ok. We have plenty of cats, owls, and hawks in my neighborhood to take care of the mice. We don't need anymore help :hilarious:, especially from snakes!

Looking forward to your TR have a great trip.
Thank you and thanks for following!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Ok, we have one FP change. I was able to snag a FP for Everest (12:30 - 1:30) :joyfull:, so I cancelled my FP for DINOSAUR.

Pre Trip notes/thoughts:

Ok, so we're 2 days away :joyfull::joyfull:, and I kind of just want to point out a few things that I haven't brought up yet.

1. No DHS. It's gonna feel weird not going there, but with everything that is taking place right now, the park is not even worth half of a day! Since when this is a shorter trip (5days/5nights), we don't want to waste a day at DHS and end up losing a 2nd day at EPCOT, especially with F&G going on. That and I don't want to be there during the week that solo comes out. It's going to be painful not riding ToT and TSM, not seeing my beloved Muppet Vision and Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, and knowing that I'll have to wait yet again to ride RnR for the first time, but it's for the best.

2. As of now, we have no ADRs. With this being a shorter trip, we don't want to spend a lot of time waiting for food when we could be riding something. Now, we might end up snagging one (given availability), but I doubt it. If we do though, it will probably be when we're at MK.

3. I'm still trying decide if I'm going to do the "Behind the Seeds Tour". I know that I would enjoy it, and it's such a great price, but I'm just not sure if I will have enough time or not. We'll see.

I think that pretty much covers everything.

In terms of new attractions, I'm really looking forward to Soarin' Around the World. They made the switch about two weeks after we left back in 2016. Now I know it has mixed reviews and some people say there's too much CGI (guess they haven't seen DMTNT), the shots are random, and there aren't any special effects, like the smells, but I'm going into it with an open mind.

In terms of food, all I've been thinking about are the F&G Outdoor Kitchens :hungry:. I absolutely love them and can't wait to graze around World Showcase!

Overall, I'm so excited and can't wait to be home!

Man, I need to start packing :hilarious:.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom