The Boat House construction at Disney Springs The Landing

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Great pictures. The place looks really good and the food looks awesome. Thanks for the update:)

Just to clarify, in the review it stated that the asparagus was $12 but on the menu it says $21. Is the menu probably just a misprint? We were joking around after the menu was released about what would make a side of asparagus worth $21. It would make a lot more sense if it actually was $12 and in line with the other sides.
Yes it's $12 :)

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, April 30. New lighted sign on the backside of The Boathouse, facing Fulton's Crab House.

IMG_5372.JPG

Jon81uk

OUCH!!! What's with that power feed coming from above?? I hope that's temporary. LOL!! I also wish they had kept the letters on the actual shakes instead of having them creep up into the border. But, now I'm just being picky. :)

I agree, the signage only needs to be a few inches lower and it would have looked much better. As it stands from a distance you can't make out the T correctly.

Texas84

My sister and brother-in-law were there yesterday. They are extreme foodies and they were impressed. Enjoyed the food and the atmosphere.

flyerjab

We ate at The Boathouse for dinner today. We chose to eat on the deck. The food was exceptional and the service was absolutely top-notch. Our main server was Monica and she new exactly how to greet and interact with us. The indoor and marina areas are beautiful. There is so much to see and take in that this is more an experience as opposed to just a place to eat. It makes me laugh when this area is dismissed as a little run-of-the-mill shopping mall by those that wish to not include this in the expense of all of the construction happening site wide within the WDW bubble. Anyway, The Boathouse is a gem and here are some photos to enjoy.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

chiefs11

The Boathouse will accept the Disney Dining Plan starting Monday, May 18 (2 credits for each meal).

The Boathouse started accepting phone reservations earlier this week and will soon be on the Disney Dining website to make online reservations.

Source: management cast member.
Well, I'm glad we got to go there last week then!

It was excellent, btw. I just hope it stays that way........

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The Boathouse will accept the Disney Dining Plan starting Monday, May 18 (2 credits for each meal).

The Boathouse started accepting phone reservations earlier this week and will soon be on the Disney Dining website to make online reservations.

Well, I hope that person is wrong. So what are they going to do when a couple on the dining plan wants the Dry Aged Long Bone Rib Chop for 2 or the Boathouse Surf & Turf Table for 2? Charge 4 credits? If they only charge 2, and they allow someone to order this, the restaurant is going to lose money on the deal. Big time. And once it's out there on the internet that you can get this, you can bet that everyone on a dining plan will be ordering this. The menu will suck inside of 6 months.

halltd

Worst Disney Springs news evAr!! I'm glad I was able to go last weekend on a PACKED Friday night and walk up to the podium and be seated immediately and enjoy an amazing meal without a reservation three months in advance. The place wasn't empty by any means, either. As Luv said, unless they have a special Dining Plan menu, I can't see this being a good idea for the restaurant.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Ah heck. I was hoping they would be able to stay off the DDP. Every restaurant that has gone into that scheme has deteriorated - can they be any different?

Minthorne

I was hoping they would take TiW. I was also hoping the DDP would go the way of Mr Toad. I also hoped Mr Toad would return in its place and offer hellishly good BBQ. Then I saw Mr. Toad's legs are on the Boathouse's menu. I still hope they take TiW soon but I won't eat your legs, Mr Toad. Well, maybe just a taste....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom