The Black Pearl in Florida

yensidtlaw1969

majortom1981 said:
On the Pirates of the Carribean dvd is says that the black perl is an actual ship. They had to literally sail it through the panama canal. I could have sworn it was a real ship that somebody else owns and disney is just borrowing it for the movies.
Yep, here's exactly what they said:

"The Dauntless is the power in these waters, no doubt, but no ship can match the Interceptor for speed".

"I've heard of one, supposed to be very fast, naye, uncatchable. The Black Pearl".

"There's no real ship that can match the Interceptor".

"The Black Peal is a real ship".

"No it's not".

"Yes it is, I've seen it".

"You've seen it? You haven't seen it"!

"Yes, I have"!

"You've seen a ship with Black Sails that's crewed by the darned (PG), and Capitained by a man so evil that Heck (PG) itself spat him back out"?

"No"

"No".

"But, I have seen a ship with Black Sails".

Etc, etc, etc.

:D :lol: :hammer: :drevil: .

Yensid "I'm sure they actually say it somewhere on the DVD" tlaw1969

I see your Black Pearl and raise you The Flying Dutchman

The Flying Dutchman Ship Anchors at
Castaway Cay

On Thursday, June 15, The Flying Dutchman will appear at Castaway Cay. The 175-foot long pirate ghost ship was created for Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, opening July 7, 2006.

The incredibly intricate ship is unlike any other pirate ship - it looks as though it was raised from the ocean floor, with ragged sails and a barnacle encrusted bow, destined to haunt the open seas for eternity.

The Flying Dutchman will provide a scenic photo backdrop for Disney Cruise

Line guests using the walking path leading to the Family beach. Those taking water excursions at the island will be able to take an up-close look at the ghost ship.

Guests should stay alert, for they may catch a glimpse of the infamous
Captain Jack Sparrow looking out for the commander of the Flying Dutchman, his new nemesis, Davey Jones.

The Flying Dutchman will make Castaway Cay its new Caribbean home before it "reappears" in the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie in 2007.

image000000016xv.jpg

Buried20KLeague

InsideOtherPark said:

Castaway Cay

On Thursday, June 15, The Flying Dutchman will appear at Castaway Cay. The 175-foot long pirate ghost ship was created for Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, opening July 7, 2006.

The incredibly intricate ship is unlike any other pirate ship - it looks as though it was raised from the ocean floor, with ragged sails and a barnacle encrusted bow, destined to haunt the open seas for eternity.

Line guests using the walking path leading to the Family beach. Those taking water excursions at the island will be able to take an up-close look at the ghost ship.

Captain Jack Sparrow looking out for the commander of the Flying Dutchman, his new nemesis, Davey Jones.

The Flying Dutchman will make Castaway Cay its new Caribbean home before it "reappears" in the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie in 2007.

:eek: :eek: :eek: WOW. Just wow.

The front of that thing is the coolest part... From the side it looks like a mouth full of razor sharp teeth. Very cool. Don't have a pic, or I'd attach it.

wbboy29

InsideOtherPark said:

Castaway Cay

image000000016xv.jpg

The Black Pearl is a sweet ship, but the Flying Dutchman is by far the most detailed and amazing ship I have ever seen. The photos do not do it justice. It is amazing how much the art dept and scenic crew put into that ship. There are just so many little details that won't even be noticed on the movie screen either. I wish everyone could see it upclose and personal to really appreciated the artistry behind it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom