The big ? Everest v's The Mummy which one wins?

Glasgow

I'm sure that will be a pretty popular question and I'd venture a guess that most Disney-ites will say that they aren't direct competitors.

Mummy is darker and more thrill-based while my impression of Everest is that it's more of an exquisitely themed family ride with a dose of thrill thrown in. Mummy is rather short at around 2 mins if I remember correctly while I hear that EE is about 3-4 mins.

Depends what you're after. My guess is that Mummy is a bit more heart pumping (I've ridden it - it's a fine ride IMO) while Everest is a better experience. Does that make any sense? :veryconfu :)

EpcotServo

Everest hands down. After you ride them both like I have, ROTM looks downright cheesy put next to Everest. Not that ROTM is a bad ride, it does have it's good points. But E:E tells such a rich story with such a lush and detailed setting, whereas the ROTM story is really mixed up. I mean, I still don't get weather ROTM is a movie set, or a real temple. While both endings are short, ROTM's cheesy video at the end ruins it. E:E gives you a sense that you've been on a great adventure, and underwent the extreme elements to have it. ROTM is all about thrills, E:E is about adventure. They are both great rides, but Everest feels more like a complete story.

matthope03

Honestly, I think this should have been the question last year when ROTM opened. "Which is better Rock 'n Rollercoaster or ROTM? They are more similar rides than Everest and ROTM. I think Universal was just a few years behind in releasing their ride that was the "equivilant" of Disney's RNRC. That is just my opinion, but I do like ROTM. I think it is a great ride, but I do not think you can compare it to Everest. One must compare apples to apples, not ROTMs to Everests. That being said I would still pick RNRC over ROTM anyday.

Tim G

missionspace said:
I was wondering which ride is better and why?
THANKS!
Oh no!!! You're creating another Which is better war..

IMO They're BOTH very, very good, each in their own special way...
you can't compair "Mummy" with "Everest"

ToTBellHop

Everest is much better...a mountain alone is more immersive than a soundstage. Everest's storyline is stronger and the overall experience more full, with a clear introduction and conclusion. RotM may be more thrilling by virtue of having LIMs, but Everest has better drops and that extremely fun helix out back along with superior special effects.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
EpcotServo said:
Everest hands down. After you ride them both like I have, ROTM looks downright cheesy put next to Everest. Not that ROTM is a bad ride, it does have it's good points. But E:E tells such a rich story with such a lush and detailed setting, whereas the ROTM story is really mixed up. I mean, I still don't get weather ROTM is a movie set, or a real temple. While both endings are short, ROTM's cheesy video at the end ruins it. E:E gives you a sense that you've been on a great adventure, and underwent the extreme elements to have it. ROTM is all about thrills, E:E is about adventure. They are both great rides, but Everest feels more like a complete story.
i havent ridden either one...... watched both on video, lol, but your answer is nicely written (described)

ill probably never ride ROTM... i have to go to Universal to do that

bhg469

When they first started building everest they made it sound like it was going to rival ROTM with the train stopping and changing direction and all. I was actually hoping everest would have had a smaller ride vehicle for that reason, to make the confrontation a little more...personal.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
bhg469 said:
I was actually hoping everest would have had a smaller ride vehicle for that reason, to make the confrontation a little more...personal.
yey, but we know what it is all about............ capacity per hour = $

Tim G

jmaxwell007 said:
i havent ridden either one...... watched both on video, lol, but your answer is nicely written (described)

ill probably never ride ROTM... i have to go to Universal to do that
So??

Although I'm a 100% Disney guy, doesn't mean that I can't go to Universal... :lookaroun

The Track change of "The Mummy" is fast... VERY FAST!!! :cool:
You stop... change... and BANG you fly...:eek:

The track change of everest is slow... very slow :snore:
You stop... change... and go back by gravity.. but it does have a great helix btw.. :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

So IMO... read my previous post... :D

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
jmaxwell007 said:
... i have to go to Universal to do that

I might eventually make it to Universal... Coming up on my fifth "Disney" trip [three previous WDW trips, one to DL and going back to the World] and I haven't finished with everything yet... Another three or four trips I may be able to squeeze in a day trip to "other" parks! :lol:

Glasgow

I still have to say, if you're a thrill seeker you'll probably prefer ROTM -- if you prefer a fuller, richer experience then definitely EE. You can't exactly quantify it since they're slightly different types of rides, even though they are both coasters.

Which is better, apples or oranges? Definitely oranges!! Huh? :)

Tim G

Glasgow said:
I still have to say, if you're a thrill seeker you'll probably prefer ROTM -- if you prefer a fuller, richer experience then definitely EE. You can't exactly quantify it since they're slightly different types of rides, even though they are both coasters.

Which is better, apples or oranges? Definitely oranges!! Huh? :)
How do you know it's a fuller, richer experience... :lookaroun

imagineer boy

The big difference between Everest and the Mummy is story. The mummy has a VERY crummy story IMO. The whole tie in with the movie theme and mummy curse just doesn't work very well.

pilka214

ok well i havent been on E:E yet. but IMO i have to say that this really comes down to the way disney builds rides and the way universal builds theres. in universal you can always tell you in a sound stage, w/ animatronics and ride tracks throughout. yet at disney your on a mountain, facing the yeti. disney immerses u more you are part of the ride, living it. universal trys more to thrill you, not trying to immerse you in the enviroment and such. it's the way i think both of them have been for years. but that's my 2 cents.

Does anyone have the video for ROTM? I would like to see it. But Im sure if I had to pick, I would go with everest. That just looks AWESOME and can't wait to ride it in August when I go there!
Thanks in advance for the video

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom