Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Winnie the Pooh vs Mr Toad's wild ride

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Test Track vs WoM

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

Tarbi

Original Poster
This poll is to see what replacement attraction you like best, ie.

Is Philarmagic better then the Lion King Show
Is Buzz Better than Dreamflight?

etc etc

Give your thought please..

1stStarIC2nite

Hmm... I picked Buzz replacing Dreamflight simply because I like the interactive thing. Along with Buzz and Winnie, those are the only two I've ridden/experienced, lol. I've never rode the ones before, and I havent yet been to Mission: Space or Phil. But yeah, I'd go with Buzz...

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Stitch WILL NOT be a good replacement for Alien Encounter.:D

I picked Mickey's PhilarMagic, cause now it's one of my favorite Magic Kingdom attractions and I wasn't a fan of Legend of the Lion King. I loved every other attraction on the list that has been replaced. It's not like I don't want to see these replacement attractions, but they could have been placed somewhere else, and Journey Into Your Imagination didn't need to happen. But I do somewhat prefer Test Track over World of Motion, except for the fact that TT has long lines.

Tramp

Since you asked....

Put me in the 'Buzz' column! IMHO, This has to be one of the most dramatic replacement attractions ever. The interactive appeal to guests of all ages to this attraction far exceeds the former laid-back Dreamflight...(snore)...Or the previously former attraction, "If You Had Wings," an advertisement for the long ago bankrupt Eastern Airlines.

Kids love the Buzz attraction and that's good enuf for me!:wave:

General Grizz

In order of my admiration:

Nice List:
(1) Winnie the Pooh vs Mr Toad's wild ride
(2) Mickey's PhilarMagic vs Lion King
(3) Buzz Lightyear Spin vs Dreamflight :)

(Although I think Dreamflight was better.)

Naughty List:
(4) New Figment vs Old Figment
(5) Mission Space vs Horizons
(6) Test Track vs WoM
:fork:

dxwwf3

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Stitch WILL NOT be a good replacement for Alien Encounter.:D

LOL! Quote of the year. Of course I'm sure you knew that was coming from me. I'm never going to let AE go :lol:

I voted for Philharmagic. I think Legend of the Lion King was great (And better than the similar Voyage of the Little Mermaid, IMO) but I was really impressed with Philharmagic. I think it is the best 3-D show on property.

Walter

Definately MP vs. LK. Actually, I happen to think that that's the only one on the list wherein the replacement is better than the original. Why does Buzz have so many votes? :(

My Verdict:

Best:

Philharmagic vs. Lion King

Worst:

Mission: Space vs. Horizons (TT vs. WoM a close second, JIYI vs. JII a close third, and Buzz vs. Dreamflight a close fourth.)

P.S. Stitch will NOT be a good replacement for AE.

JLW11Hi

I love Buzz Lightyear. It was a very creative attraction. I chose it, but I will admit I don't remember Dreamflight. I've only seen videos...and as cute as it looked, tell me again how it fit into Tomorrowland?

Steamboat_Kevin

I love Buzz, it's one of my favorite rides :)
I haven't watched Philharmagic yet, but I bet it is pretty cool too (I wasn't extremely disappointed watching The Lion King go)

badsquishy

I would have to say Buzz Lightyear would be the best replacement. It is really fun. I have not seen Mickey's Philharmagic yet, but I really liked The Lion King. And nothing can replace the original Figment or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
Alien Encounters will be missed, although I severely traumatized my then 7 yr old the first time on it. She has said she would never ride it again, and now I can't tempt her to go on it.:(

Not For Sale

I voted TT vs. WOM. I never went on WOM-which really demonstrates how well TT is doing. The worst one was Mr.Toad being replaced by that stupid greedy Eisner. Oops! I meant Winnie The Pooh. My family used to go on that for at least 4 trips whenever we went. We never went on pooh though. I intend to keep it that way. We also like Dreamflight. Well, Buzz is good but it still doesn't have that Disney feel to it.

meeko_33785

My oppinions:

1) Dreamflight to Buzz Lightyear- The most improvement from a rehab IMO. Dreamflight was a nice but terribly forgetable attraction that seemed rediculously out of place in Tomorrowland (what does an airline commercial have to do with either the future, sci-fi, or progress?). Buzz is truly a guest favorite now and something new that has never before been seen in a Disney park- an interactive dark ride.

2) Horizons to Mission: SPACE- What do you do when a ride that is rediculously outdated and not pertinant to contemporary audiences? Tear it down and create the greatest EPCOT attraction to date! True Horizons was elaborate and peppy, but it just seemed like overkill. I mean, it just felt like they took CoP, SSE, The Land, and Living Seas, but them all together and made one big deja-vu session. Mission: SPACE is fresh, different, and a lot of fun (and this is comming from somebody who usually does not like thrill rides!)

3) Toad to Pooh- I'll admit I was not a fan of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (even though I love the Disney animated version of Wind and the Willows). It just did not meet my expectations on what a Mr. Toad ride should feel like. Pooh is a much closer to the feel of the original films and stories and does it all in a fun and innovative way.

4) Lion King to Philharmagic- I thought both of these attractions were excelent, but I think Philharmagic is just a little better. There are week sections in the presentation such poor animation in a couple of areas, but for the most part it's good. An improvement, but I wouldn't say much of one- just enough IMO

5) WOM to Test Track- WOM was a cute ride, but test Track is a lot of fun as well. It's about a draw for me.

6) Old Figment to New Figment- I think both of the current Figment and original were both good rides. The original was more elaborate, but I think the story is more cohesive in this version and the Institute theming is very good. The inbetween version was very sub-par quality wise IMO. The new one is an improvement over the last one, but in a whole I don't think it is quite an improvement in the original in many ways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom