The best disney guide book

sanctumsolitude

Everyone has already said it, but the Unofficial Guide and the Passporter are by far my two favorites.

The Unofficial Guide is great for planning before you arrive. It has a wealth of information and is very accurate. The Passporter, on the other hand, is very useful once you are there. I picked up the deluxe edition for my girlfriend for our last trip. It was amazing for keeping things organized and for quick look ups. I highly recommend both.

ScottNBecky

It depends on what season you are going in also. Overall the Unofficial Guide is the best. If you have to travel during any of the peak seasons (Spring Break, summer, or Christmas I have to give a shameless plug to the upcoming book I authored: Walt Disney World Peak Seasons: Maximizing your Disney Vacation. I wrote that book for those of us who have to vacation durinig the peak seasons. I usually buy all the guidebooks, but 2-3 pages telling me that it will be crowded and to go at another time didnt seem to help us. So I devoted an entire book to help others. Should be out in Dec. or Jan.

aj_steig

I think all the books mentioned (Passporter, Unofficial Guide, and Birnbaums) are all great for their own reasons. Birnbaums is great for it's pictures and overview of all the information (a great book for the first timer, or even the 10th!) I love reading it before each trip! Unofficial guide is terrific for the touring plans and all the information on how to save time and money (something that Birnbaums doesn't cover as much of, per say). Passporter is wonderful because of all the handy folders that you can store and write things on (great for writing phone numbers, flight numbers and hotel reservation numbers on it), the reviews of the attractions and restaurants are easy to read (and check off once completed). I would say it depends on what you're looking for, but all three books are great!:)

sophie_the_pooh

I think the Unofficial guide is the best one. I have to admit I become a control freak when it comes to planning a trip, and this guide helped me to plan every little detail! I had absolutely nothing to worry about when we finally went to WDW! The Unofficial guide contains info on the parks, restaurants, hotels, transportation, comments from WDW guests, tips to save time and money...So, to me, it's an essential tool when you plan a trip to WDW.

celticdog

This was the first year we used the Passporter. I was amazed at how useful it was. I got a lot of good tips and tricks. I personally have not been impressed with the Unofficial Guide and haven't purchased one in several years.

Brirnbaum's is a great guide to use when convincing a newbee to go to WDW. The color pictures and the candy coated reviews really evoke the magic.

DisneyMusician2

The Passporter is great, but the Unofficial Guide is like the Disney Trip Bible. Especially for a newbie, I wouldn't go without perusing through one.

Grumpy-Fan

I have the unofficial guide which I strongly suggest and Birnbaums which I really enjoy as well. I haven`t seen the Complete Guide To Disney mentioned here. I really have enjoyed this book as well. Are there any thoughts on this one? Oh, and I just ordered The Passporter from Amazon.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Definitely The Unofficial Guide. It has by far the best, and most detailed information. It's honest and straightforward. I get it every year, because Len and his team are constantly updating.

I-4Warrior

The Unofficial Guide, hands down. Extremely fair (sometimes not kind, sometimes overly complimentary) and thorough. It's not an official 'Disney can do no wrong" fest like Birnbaums, it will give you real info that people may actually use instead of just a company line.

jamesbills1604

i find the best books are the ones about the whole of orlando amazon do good book but i find the best way to find out about disney is to explore it your self, i have the hidden mickys book its fantastic

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom