The Beautiful Game - World Cup Chat

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Oh, and here's what happened to Spain today!

funny-world-cup.jpg

jw24

Great two days of the cup so far. Brazil got away with a bad penalty call though they really need to defend better. The Dutch-Spain match was entertaining. I think Spain's reign may be coming to an end. Their core is getting too old. England-Italy will be most interesting tomorrow...while I have to wait until Monday for the USA!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Great two days of the cup so far. Brazil got away with a bad penalty call though they really need to defend better. The Dutch-Spain match was entertaining. I think Spain's reign may be coming to an end. Their core is getting too old. England-Italy will be most interesting tomorrow...while I have to wait until Monday for the USA!
As bad as the Brasil penalty was...Mexico got absolutely ripped off today.

They completely deserved their win.

tamotu99

Tiki Taka has had its day, for a great side against a poor to good side it will still win 99% of the time, but against a team that is similar in level it starts to struggle (eg Barcelona win most of la liga but struggle against Real Madrid and Atletico this year, and in Champions league struggle against the other continental superpowers over the last couple of years)

Barcelona still sort of can manage with it, because they also have the individual brilliance of players like Messi, Neymar, but spain dont have that they have great players but they dont have anyone that truly inspires fear in the oppostion, there is no one that you feel could get the ball on the halfway line, take on half the team and score

FutureCEO

England vs Italy today!!!! Go England

btw. Is any doing yahoo pick'em contest thingy. I'm in 15,300 place so far :) Got 3 games out of 4 right with one correct score. Almost had 2 correct scores, then Chile had to score another goal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom