The Beautiful Game - World Cup Chat

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
biting-nails-britney-spears.gif

jw24

What a game! A lot of things need to be fixed against Portugal and Germany on the defense and the offense needs some work. Yes, I am highly concerned about the injuries but one game at a time. The most important thing is 3 points for the US, John Anthony Brooks added his name to US Soccer folklore and the Ghana curse is extinguished!

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Allright, tomorrow is another big day of nations taking the stage, and a return of the host nation and a strong competator. Lets see what is coming!

First up, at noon Eastern US time tomorrow is Belgium...

With an excellent performance during the qualifying rounds, this team has earned their chance without a doubt!

They will be playing Algeria. After a disappointing performance in the 2010 cup, this team is coming with something to prove to the world.

AFter that at 3p is the game of the day. Brazil and Mexico take the stage again, after posting wins last week (and getting ripped off by the refs in the case of Mexico). Since I wasn't posting the profiles then, I'll post them here.

Brazil has a long history of World Cup success. 5 Cups mean 5 stars grace their uniforms. For those of you who don't follow soccer, that's what the stars above the emblems mean. That's why England has 1 star, Germany has 3 stars, etc...

In fact, stepping aside for a moment, here is the breakdown by country of Cup winners.

Brazil - 5
Italy - 4
Germany - 3
Argentina - 2
Uruguay - 2
Spain - 1
England - 1
France - 1

That's why this is such an exclusive prize!

With a storied history with arguably the best player ever to grace the game (Pele), and a rabid base of fans, this country (who is also the host) is sure to have loads of support in the stands. Look for this to be a VERY LOUD game!

They are a dangerous team to play, and one of the favorites for this years cup.

They will be playing Mexico. A strong national team, that has had some hiccups as of late. El Tri (as they are called, which means "Tricolor", because the flag has 3 colors, red, white and green).

The nation representing the best food in the world (er....sorry, that was my stomach speaking), they have a lot to prove this year, and this is their biggest game of the group. They are going to fight hard, and (refs willing), should put on quite a show!

FutureCEO

I only watched part of the game. My country scores and I don't go crazy. England score or almost score and I jump out of my seat. Hell, I was pacing during the England game. But USA definitely is not as talented as Germany or even England.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom