The Beautiful Game - World Cup Chat

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Fastest: Sukur 2002, 11 seconds; Masek 1962, 16 seconds; Lehner 1934, 25 seconds; Robson 1982, 27 seconds; Dempsey 2014, 29 seconds.
Yes, you're correct.

Sorry, counting is hard!

hiddles_counting_gif_by_icefloe_artsoul-d5j6pdo.gif

The Crafty Veteran

As long as we are winning I'm enjoying this. So for the true soccer fans what does USA do now in the second half? Is it like America football where some teams just go on the defensive and wait it out?

tamotu99

Sort of

Basically Ghana now have to chase the game, they need to get a goal, so the US need to stay disciplined in defence, but willing to break quickly and in numbers, as Ghana will be forced to leave space and gaps, if USA get a second goal then they are good for the game

the danger of sitting on the defence is that if Ghana do get a goal back, it can be very hard to change the mentality again back to attack

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
As long as we are winning I'm enjoying this. So for the true soccer fans what does USA do now in the second half? Is it like America football where some teams just go on the defensive and wait it out?
You should always be defensive, but no...not with 1 goal lead.

You don't start running the clock until you have a 2 goal lead, generally...

That being said, with the physical state of the team right now, I wouldn't expect to see the US team get too aggressive.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Sort of

Basically Ghana now have to chase the game, they need to get a goal, so the US need to stay disciplined in defence, but willing to break quickly and in numbers, as Ghana will be forced to leave space and gaps, if USA get a second goal then they are good for the game

the danger of sitting on the defence is that if Ghana do get a goal back, it can be very hard to change the mentality again back to attack
This - :inlove:

Nero the dog

That's a dangerous game to play. They just need to be careful, try to keep the ball, but attack when they can.

The format of the World Cup means that tactics are a little bit different to normal league games.
Draws are not good enough, you need to to win at least one game in the first stage to get through. After that it is a straight forward knockout competition so you need to go for the win in every game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom