The ball in tomorrowland is gone

wizards8507

I don't think it's a good choice at all! The ball was neat and certainly "fit" Tomorrowland. I actually walked by this last week and gave it a little push but it did nothing. Later that day we saw people spinning it... I guess I didn't give it a hard enough push (dang, little girlie arms)!

I wish I had taken a picture now! :(

Heh, yeah once it starts spinning it'll go for a long time. We have one on campus here at Notre Dame (indoors).

Krack

I don't like or dislike the ball (completely apathetic towards it), but I'd have to guess this is another example of Disney ditching non-essential water effects because they are too cheap to do the routine maintenance.

AswaySuller

For some reason they are doing lots and lots of little refurb jobs here and there.
We were there last week and the week before.

The first week everything was normal (other than the castle and main street scrims) and in the second there things being painted, fixed, built and a lot more construction walls up with quotes from Walt on.

Anyway.... my point is I reckon it'll be back.

wizards8507

I don't like or dislike the ball (completely apathetic towards it), but I'd have to guess this is another example of Disney ditching non-essential water effects because they are too cheap to do the routine maintenance.

Isn't it equally likely that this is some of that routine maintenance? :shrug:

Mansion Butler

NO! No no no no no no no no no no.

:cry:

That seriously was my favorite "between the turnstiles" thing in the Magic Kingdom, other than maybe the leaky tikis.

boufa

For some reason they are doing lots and lots of little refurb jobs here and there.
We were there last week and the week before.

The first week everything was normal (other than the castle and main street scrims) and in the second there things being painted, fixed, built and a lot more construction walls up with quotes from Walt on.

Anyway.... my point is I reckon it'll be back.

It has been said in other threads that they may be spit shinning things in prep for the 40th in October.

I personally doubt it since they seem to be ignoring most milestones lately. Might also be making it look good as possible for the openning of the fantasyland expansion.

Since it sits on water, I could just imagine a group of very strong people pushing it off and rolling it manically through the park. I'm sure Disney had the same thought and decided to axe it.

Martian Crab

since it sits on water, i could just imagine a group of very strong people pushing it off and rolling it manically through the park.
x83153710271148148_8.jpg

me like ball!!!free sue-vin-ear!!!

splashtest

It was walled off on the 9th when I was there. It could be just routine maintenance. I would think if it was just removal it would be done and re-cemented by now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom