The Amazing Race Returns Fall of 2008

SpongeScott

YES! Amazingly (no pun intended), we just watched this for the first time last season and loved it! We've eagerly been waiting for its return.

GenerationX

Fabulous news!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I wish they'd go back to two seasons each year, but one is far, far better than none.

Thanks again for the update, artvandelay!

SpongeScott - I think you can catch reruns on GSN. There's no particular season that's better than the others. They're all well worth watching. Look out for Flo, Mirna, Jonathan, Ma Weaver, Lynn & Alex, and others that you will desperately want to see philiminated.

SpongeScott

Fabulous news!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I wish they'd go back to two seasons each year, but one is far, far better than none.

Thanks again for the update, artvandelay!

SpongeScott - I think you can catch reruns on GSN. There's no particular season that's better than the others. They're all well worth watching. Look out for Flo, Mirna, Jonathan, Ma Weaver, Lynn & Alex, and others that you will desperately want to see philiminated.
:sohappy: for NetFlix! We just got Season One on DVD and this will become our summer entertainment since we know nothing about the history of the show.

mpoppins76

:sohappy: Can't wait!!!

The girl I work w/, her sis and BIL are the creators of the show so it's fun to hear about all of the behind-the-scenes action that goes on with it this time around.

DonaldDoleWhip

I'm so excited for the next season of TAR!

On this site, some locations are confirmed (beware of spoilers):

Los Angeles, California; Sao Paolo and Salvador, Brazil; La Paz, Bolivia; Siem Reap, Cambodia; Delhi, India; Dubai, UAE; and Portland, Oregon.

firedog31

Out of all the reality tv shows this is by far the best. Me and my sister always say we are going to try out but for some reason it never happens.

SpongeScott

According to the Futon Critic, The Amazing Race will debut on Sunday, September 28th. :sohappy:

SpongeScott - Did you end up watching a bunch of the seasons? Any observations?
We got Seasons 1 and 7 (Rob and Amber) on DVD. These are the only ones out. Thoroughly enjoyed them both; just wish we could see the others, but have no clue as to when they will be released, if at all. Not too many observations, other than rule changes that took place. I thought the penalty for finishing last in a non-elimination round of taking all their possessions (season 7) was a little much. I liked what they did in this last season by giving them an extra challenge to do.

davidpw97

Another big TAR fan here. I wish they wouldn't space the seasons out so much. Most other reality shows do 2 cycles a year, I wish TAR would do the same. Although I bet it is a more difficult show to produce with all the planning involved to find the best locations and challenges.
For fans of the show, who are your favorite contestants? Least favorite?

GenerationX

Scott - I agree that the new way of handling non-elimination leg last place finishes is much better than the old way. The U-Turn was a cool, recent addition to the show. You may be able to find past seasons on GSN.

David - I would love it if we got two editions of TAR each year, too. However, one is far, far better than zero. I have too many favorites and least favorites to list them all. In general, I like the ones that are fun to watch, get along, play well, and are polite to the locals (Ken & Gerard, Dustin & Kandace, etc.). I can't stand the ones that whine.

This is our family's favorite show. It's the one show we consistently watch together and enjoy.

GenerationX

And CBS has posted our Amazing Race 13 teams! I'll break it down for you:

2 Bimbo teams
2 Geek teams
1 Wacky Old Couple
1 Middle Aged Couple (which includes an ex NFL player)
1 Brother Sister combination
1 Mother Son team
and
3 Bickering Unmarried Couples!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom