The Amazing Five Year Plan

pheneix

Original Poster
Well, the amazing five year plan that Eisner unveiled to the board has been conviently leaked to a few privilaged individuals, and to be honest, a lot of the speculation we've seen today is not only completely wrong, but but based upon thinking in the wrong direction.

You want to know the 5 year plan? Here it is:

MONSTER THEME PARK CUTS!!!

That light at the end of the tunnel we saw today was the formation of a black hole.

Sherm00

Originally posted by pheneix
Well, the amazing five year plan that Eisner unveiled to the board has been conviently leaked to a few privilaged individuals, and to be honest, a lot of the speculation we've seen today is not only completely wrong, but but based upon thinking in the wrong direction.

That light at the end of the tunnel we saw today was the formation of a black hole.

maybe they are talking about management. i don't see how that can be since they announced a few new rides etc. for all the parts. or maybe they ment in the retail area where pressler liked to throw money.

Legacy

WHAT?!?!? :eek:

What is going on here? I was thinking that Pressler's leaving was for the sake of the parks. I am completely lost right about now.....

:confused:

Sherm00

i just thought of something, they still need to accomidate for the attandance drop and to fix what pressler did. basicially i think money was being spent in the wrong areas, if tey rechannel the money to new attractions and employees and most of all maintnance, then can cut the budet and stillmaintain a good level of service, then when we get someone new in there and attandance starts to go up, they can re-arrange the money to whereever they need it. lets face it pressler spent too much on retail and not much on attractions or shows. maybe finially they will stop building stores and concentrait on attractions. they have to start somewhere, i am still looking at it as a positive, in business it's called restructureing.

Testtrack321

I'm sitting back and watching. Pheonix's record is 1-1 (BK gone, Gemini will split up Epcot soon) so this will be interesting. If Esiner cuts anything more, lets just say, I cut off his bum personally and have it mounted on the front of the forums here.

Michael72688

This will help Disney down the road! But today on the news and on this site, there were things about Spain coming to Epcot, a new Asian Attraction, Huntchback is closing, making way for a new ride. So you tell me are they really cutting back?

pheneix

Original Poster
Just for the record, NOTHING has been announced (the Spain PR is just too damn weird to be counted right now). All that has been posted on the boards has been rumors and hersay, especially when it comes to new attractions.

Things can change in a heartbeat. Heck I've gone from rejoicing in Pressler's departure to almost wishing he was back. It's like I said before, a blind idiot is better than a supercharged hardass accountant.

Cliff

Hey Eisner! Wanna SAVE money???

This is guaranteed to work!!

Close Animal Kingom for 5 years and sell the animals to zoos.

CLOSE down all the pesky high maintenece attractions that drive your overhead through the roof:

Test Track
Spectromagic
Tower of Terror
Fantasmic
Splash Mountain
Illuminations
Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Rockin Roller Coaster
Mission Space

Ending these horrible "budget busters" all together would SAVE you TONS of money and finaly bring the parks back to the profitablity you want them at.

'Cmon Mike,...think of the SAVINGS!!!!

Again, doing this positively S A V E the company money.

Think of your wonderfull bottem line then? huh?

One more time.......SAVE you money. (Lot's of it.)

CT : - )

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

It certainly doesnt seem that way. The new attractions that are on the table, along with return of almost everything that was cut previously seems to indicate things are on the rise again.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Just for the record, NOTHING has been announced (the Spain PR is just too damn weird to be counted right now). All that has been posted on the boards has been rumors and hersay, especially when it comes to new attractions.

Things can change in a heartbeat. Heck I've gone from rejoicing in Pressler's departure to almost wishing he was back. It's like I said before, a blind idiot is better than a supercharged hardass accountant.

Your definately a 'my glass is half empty' sort of guy. Id hate to hear from you if your on a downer. Mind you I suppose if you never have an up moment its not to far to come down.
I bet your a Universal employee:)

Sherm00

i for one are not worried about budget cutting. most buisnesses have done it, we are in fact in a recessionary time. disney is currently looseing money not makeing it, if they keep loosing more investers they could be setting them selves up to sell more of the company (whice we do not want them to do) or get put in a position for a takeover of the company. no i am not in investing or want not but I think this is basic economics. attendance has been down for almost 2 years now and sept (though not completely to blame) didn't help matters. presslers main expertise was marketing, when he was moved up the chain of command we noticed a big surge in stores. look at downtown disney, in just a few years it grew from a nice little village to a mega shopping complex. look at the new mall like setting of the stores on main street, everywhere you turn is a shop, and the end of the ride is a shop. alot of disneys money went into keeping these stores stocked, who needs a refurb when we can build a shop. I think pressler will do wonders for the gap, because thats where his expertise is. now they should be able redirect alot of that money that they have been useing for shops and stuff and move that into maintnance, and CM's and just keeping th park clean and neat i think they would see spending at the parks actually go down. now I think i heard somewhere the money they are useing to fix the parks was the money they set aside for a 5th gate. which is good I rather see them add to what is there then build a new park. the problems that happened in the past 15 years isn't going to be fixed over night with a new coat of paint, and on top of that they have to deal with low attendance and not makeing any money. my opinion is that it is going to be at least 5 years ti just FIX and rechannel money to where it needs to be to keep the parks up. I am still looking at this as a positive, yes eisner did have a hand it what happened but i think him and pressler were so buddy buddy that pressler stoaked eisners penny pinching abilities. disney needs to start makeing money first so stocks go up, then we will see things go up. i don't think eisner will let the parks completely be forgotten, right now it's still where they get their biggest return.

space42

A few points. As Pheneix stated above, NOTHING has been announced yet (except for Pressler's departure). These are all rumors. The plans could change or not happen at all. It is the nature or Disney rumors (see BK for a good rumor that changed many times before the project was killed).

Sherm00

i for one are not worried about budget cutting. most buisnesses have done it, we are in fact in a recessionary time. disney is currently looseing money not makeing it

Disney is NOT loosing money. Did you know that the Theme Parks and resorts posted a profit of 2.1 billion dollars last year?

The budget cuts are due to the demands on the parks to make them MORE profitable. This is being done to help prop up the not so profitable areas of the company.

Raidermatt

Sherm00- Nothings wrong with trimming fat. In fact, its a necessary action if you want to stay in business over the long haul. But the problems come when cuts move from fat into the quality and/or appeal of your product. If that happens, sluggish economy or not, you're in trouble.

Many believe that is what's happening to Disney right now.

Your definately a 'my glass is half empty' sort of guy.
Pheneix isn't the only person saying that cuts were a part of Eisner's plan. Maybe they are all pessimists, but then again, maybe not...

Until we see some real proof that Eisner shows he has truly changed his M.O. (find a scapegoat, increase micro-management), its hard to be overly optimistic.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice (or 3x, or 4x), shame on me...

bearboysnc

Originally posted by space42
Disney is NOT loosing money. Did you know that the Theme Parks and resorts posted a profit of 2.1 billion dollars last year?

They're not losing money, they just aren't making as much PROFIT as they'd like.

TRUST me if they park ever started LOSING money, they'd shut them down.

ToTBellHop

I will warn you all from trusting anything the insider wannabe says...I would trust Steve over anyone in here...he knows what he is doing, and he is far more accurate with rumors than most sites. I would say with all the rumors he has posted, at least some of them will come true in some way, shape, or form.

I would tend to be critical of this new "insider" info too. It seems that certain individuals on these boards tend to see themselves as being VERY well connected.

Pheneix claims to know a lot about the Walt Disney Company and to be in close connection to several "high-ups" from which he gets this info. It is quite amazing, actually.

If you take a look at all of his posts at LaughingPlace.com I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about and I'm sure that he can answer absolutly ANY questions you have about the future direction of the company!

WDW Imagineer

Personally I think an actual ride cost less in the long run then a live show does. Figuring in for rides maintance costs and saleries for live shows. So my personal view would be to build more rides not shows.

Just my opinion :)

Raidermatt

Hey, I don't know Pheneix from a hole in the ground (no offense, Pheneix, you don't know me either...:animwink: )

But there are others in the "Disney Internet" world who have proven that they have pretty good info, and they are saying the same things as Pheneix.

Its not that they are saying the attractions rumors are not valid rumors, or that the attractions are not really being discussed. What they are saying is that they are far from being done deals.

We've seen this pattern from Eisner before. When divisions are in trouble, he has not been quick to change his course and "give the people what they want".

He has instead looked for scapegoats, gotten rid of them, and further imposed his authority on the situation.

I hope that he really has seen the err of his ways. I'm just saying he's going to have to PROVE it before I'm buying it.

Until then, I'll hope, just like everybody else.

pheneix

Original Poster
>>>If you take a look at all of his posts at LaughingPlace.com I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about and I'm sure that he can answer absolutly ANY questions you have about the future direction of the company!<<<

Let me get this straight, you joined this site just to criticize me? , this just gets better and better...

>>>When divisions are in trouble, he has not been quick to change his course and "give the people what they want".<<<

You forgot to add that he also shows off some amazing concepts of things to come, only to shelve them as soon as the "ohhs" and "ahhs" are over.

Anyone remember the Disney Decade?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom