The Age-Old Debate...

IOACentralRadio

How on earth can these things turn you away from Disney, but keep you going to USO?

Please enlighten us with examples.

Disney doesn't have FOTL access anywhere. Every FP attraction has someone at the attraction entrance (to check times) and at the line merge location (to collect FPs). You're just not going to be getting on a FP ride in the FP line without a FP. There's no way around it.

If you would have actually read my post, then you would have known that I was referring to people from the single-rider line jumping into the unmanned FOTL line.

Thanks for playing
Yeah, and I referred to you where? Disney's FP is a system that I have an entirely another issue with altogether. So yeah.....thank you again for your support.

DigitalDisney

Yeah, and I referred to you where? Disney's FP is a system that I have an entirely another issue with altogether. So yeah.....thank you again for your support.
FYI, I'm not exactly supporting you

When you said "See, those are the same things thats turned me away from disney" immediately after my rant, I kinda assumed you were responding to my post. I know, that may seem far-fetched and unreasonable. I must be a complete mo-ron.

Since you didn't respond to my post, are you actually going to? Or did I make valid points that are indisputable?

IOACentralRadio

FYI, I'm not exactly supporting you

When you said "See, those are the same things thats turned me away from disney" immediately after my rant, I kinda assumed you were responding to my post. I know, that may seem far-fetched and unreasonable. I must be a complete mo-ron.

Since you didn't respond to my post, are you actually going to? Or did I make valid points that are indisputable?
No...if you would have read and paid attention, you would have seen that I was quoting someone else. I personally care nothing about FP or FOTL at either park, they are both a bane on existance and should never have been introduced. But in my experience, on same days, I have, like many others have, found Universal to be less crowded, less congested and costing a little less than disney. In my experience. So...is that enlightenment enough for you? If not, then sorry to disappoint. :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So what's the point of Disney fans bashing this podcast again? Oh yeah, it's about Universal. Just drop it guys, you're making yourself look immature here. It's a new podcast, of course it's not going to be insanely popular. They've got quite a few people on their myspace page who have connected up there though so it must be at least somewhat listened to.
I had no problem with the subject matter of the podcast. I took issue with the parody skits and the bad production. The OP constantly repeated "listen to the podcast" I did and did not find it either entertaining or informative. If there are others that have the opposite opinion great. I wish him all the podcast fame he can handle.

I have no problem whatsoever with US I simply choose to spend my money at WDW instead of US for a number of very valid reasons. That is what this OP wanted, a WDW fan to debate with US fan over the reasons why they preferred one park over another. However the OP as clearly demonstrated that he is not the one to moderate such a debate.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Why would anyone go onto a WDW based fansite and start bad-mouthing Disney and their parks and expect to get sympathy and support?

kcnole

However the OP as clearly demonstrated that he is not the one to moderate such a debate.

The OP is taking offense at the bashing of him and his work personally. That's where this whole thread got ugly. I've bashed Universal on occassions to him and although he's disagreed with my perspective he's never gotten ugly with me.

I have a tendency to bash and praise both parks when they deserve it.

pheneix

I do not want you in on this debate. I have a sneaking suspicion that both you and Pheneix are either disney employees, or ex Universal employees

Well, for myself it is a little bit of Column A and a little bit of Column B. I've worked for both extensively for the past year, and I could throw out thousands of points for both sides of the debate. However, I'd be lying if I said that I could find any catagory where Universal really does anything better than Disney anymore.

And lastly, there were no "terms" discussed. And if such demands were made I'd be laughing in your face...such as I am inclined to do now

And thus by laughing in his face such demands were made? Damn, I really wanna do this debate now.

DigitalDisney

No one has bad mouthed, only taken the offensive and voiced an opinion...which then unleashed the wol....rabid rodents.

Maybe you forgot that you said this...

IOACentralRadio said:
there will be no people from IOACentral Radio involved as we want to avoid accusations coming from hate mongering idiots such as yourself, other than myself as moderator...

I'd certainly classify calling someone a hate mongering idiot as bad mouthing. You didn't bad mouth WDW (in this thread), but you instead chose to bad mouth a respected member of this board. That's a personal attack that's pretty low.

Thank you for your continued support!

Damien666

Ok, for me I like both parks plain and simple.

There are times I will admit Universal does something better and times I will admit Disney does something better. For example I admit that Men in Black blows Buzz out of the water by a long shot and I admit Disney does better nighttime shows hands down.

I'm also not afraid to admit when either park does something stupid, why? Because no one is perfect at all, everyone makes mistakes plain and simple.

What i'm getting tired of is people who are just flat out bashing each other just because they believe the park they go to can never do wrong and there's another park compeating with it.

For those in the podcasts that are just bashing one another you do relize your making eachother look bad?

T-10X

Wow... this is interesting. Hello everyone it is Matt IOACentral Radio co-host, just wanting to throw in my 2 or 3 cents.

The skit with Scott "drunk guy" we aren't out to be known for being the most serious podcast out there, we were having fun and that worked out because Erik and Bruce had gone to The Orlando Beerfest, if you didn't find it entertaining it shouldn't be the reason you don't like the show, it was only 2 minutes long.

We bash eachother? We are all friends and that is how we act... you should see us all in person and how we act towards eachother... sarcasm is the glue that holds us together.

The debat isn't about proving people wrong, it's finding out who has a stronger opinion and why. Scott, Erik, and myself will have nothing to do with the debate except moderate it.

Wish I could go into more details now but I'm late for work at a theme park that is NOT Universal... figure it out... get a cookie.
Matt.

davewasbaloo

Hi guys,

I have a couple of technical things to sort out but I am one of the debators. As a huge Disney fan, I grew up with USH, disappointed with USO, enjoyed US Port Adventura in Spain and am looking forward to visiting US Osaka. But I am really looking forward to the debate because although I enjoy US it is not Disney - tune in to find out why!

T-10X

Huh... as soon as I walked out the door... I tossed my cookies... great.

Anyways, there is a reason our podcast sounds cheap... it is, we are all using differnt mics and being broadcast via skype to Erik's laptop. Preston is in High School, Scott, Joey, and myself are in college and B2 and Erik are just 2 guys with time to kill.

I love Disney, love it with all my heart I go there atleast once a week just to watch fireworks or see Spectro Magic. The last time I was at Universal (non-HHN) had to of been in April, but I still love that park. I talk in a Universal podcast because I love Universal, and I love Disney as a matter of fact we all love Disney. The crew will be there December 2nd to have fun and enjoy their Christmas events they have set up with us doing a show about it, yes we are going to Disney and we aren't going to bash it. The reason Erik is/was getting so defensive is because several people made comments that showed nothing but disrespect for him and the show, if you don't like the sho more power to you but comments like "all 20 of your listeners can pleasure themselfs" is down right uncalled for.

Live the Adventure,
Matt.

IOACentralRadio

Well the serious portion of the debate is over. And it went quite nicely. Thanks to Davewasbaloo, a perfect gentleman and a scholar to boot.
Now if you want to get in on the fun, it will be your call. We have a hotline setup that you can call and leave a message anytime you want. If it is not obscene and completely rude, I'll put it front and center on the show so that people can hear what you really think of Universal and the show.
772-905-2IOA (2462)
Its free, its easy, and what other chance are you going to get to rip on Universal and everyone hear it? Step away from the keyboards and have at it.......that is if you can step away from the keyboards:lol:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Step away from the keyboards and have at it.......that is if you can step away from the keyboards:lol:

I'm really up for an in-person debate/interview, even though you feel I'm biased due to my employment history :) Z can join in as well... it'll be oodles of fun for everyone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom