The Age-Old Debate...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Fine.. my opinion.

Disney - Good quality, good value, OK staff, ok thrill rides, good attractions, good shows, fair management, good food

Universal - Fair quality, good value if you don't pay full price, bad staff, awesome thrill rides, good attractions, ok shows, terrible management, good overpriced food.

Now, just for IOACentralRadio:

This isn't an impartial debate, given that the person holding it is an admitted anti-Disney Universal fan. I hope all 20 of your listeners enjoy pleasuring themselves to what you claim to be a fair debate, but will be nothing more than anti-Disney diatribe. If you want an impartial debate, get someone who likes them both to moderate it, or even better... get someone who could care less to moderate it.

If you want me in on this debate, along with pheneix, you know our terms. Meet in person, or you reimburse us for phone charges. My overage charges are 50 cents per minute, and I expect full reimbursement before this goes live.

Have a magical day :)

IOACentralRadio

Now, just for IOACentralRadio:

This isn't an impartial debate, given that the person holding it is an admitted anti-Disney Universal fan. I hope all 20 of your listeners enjoy pleasuring themselves to what you claim to be a fair debate, but will be nothing more than anti-Disney diatribe. If you want an impartial debate, get someone who likes them both to moderate it, or even better... get someone who could care less to moderate it.

If you want me in on this debate, along with pheneix, you know our terms. Meet in person, or you reimburse us for phone charges. My overage charges are 50 cents per minute, and I expect full reimbursement before this goes live.

Have a magical day :)
I do not want you in on this debate. I have a sneaking suspicion that both you and Pheneix are either disney employees, or ex Universal employees...at which would explain your anti-Universal Pro-disney sentiments. It is going to be a fair debate as the only people who are going to be debating will be the two people who have been chosen....maybe even three...one from this site, one from Coasterradio.com and one from another site altogether. As we have stated time and time again, there will be no people from IOACentral Radio involved as we want to avoid accusations coming from disney fanatics such as yourself, other than myself as moderator...and if I hated disney so much why would I have disney AP's, be doing shows from disney and talk a alot about disney in a positive light?
The only thing that will be coming from my mouth will be the questions, the intro and the closing.
And lastly, there were no "terms" discussed. And if such demands were made I'd be laughing in your face...such as I am inclined to do now. And you know so much about a show that you have never listened to....you're clearly not one of the 20...Live the adventure:animwink:

kcnole

You know, one can be a Universal fan and a Disney fan as well. The poster known as IOACentral Radio has gone overboard a few times on here defending Universal but that's only because people often go overboard attacking Universal on the Disney sites.

Both parks are great and both have their weaknesses. The show is actually well done as well and I've not heard them bash Disney on the show before unlike what I've heard on some disney podcasts. Listen to the show before you attack it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
And that was not? Lets be fair all around here.

Had he said "all twenty of your hate mongering idiot fans" then yes, I would say that was not appropriate as well. Believe me, MKT and I dont see eye to eye on alot of stuff, but we are able to co-exist. Neither one of us combusted when we by chance realized we were sitting beside each other at the AC last year.

That can be accomplished here as well.

IOACentralRadio

....In all fairness, you were right. I let my emotions get the best of me. And yeah, thats what we're trying for a peaceful debate....and it will be so, and a fair debate. I just love how people jump the gun without listening, and knowing what they'e deailng with. :brick:
Listen to the show before you criticize it....

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
....In all fairness, you were right. I let my emotions get the best of me. And yeah, thats what we're trying for a peaceful debate....and it will be so, and a fair debate. I just love how people jump the gun without listening, and knowing what they'e deailng with. :brick:
Listen to the show before you criticize it....
This really leads me to think that this won't be a civil debate. You are obviously more of a US fan than a WDW fan and if you let your emotions get the best of you on an internet discussion forum I think the potential of them getting the best of you in a live debate is pretty high. I kind of have to agree with MKT if you want a truly civil debate you might want to get a moderator that has no interest in the subject. If I was to be your guest and I was reading this thread I would expect to be walking into an ambush.

But just my opinion....

IOACentralRadio

This really leads me to think that this won't be a civil debate. You are obviously more of a US fan than a WDW fan and if you let your emotions get the best of you on an internet discussion forum I think the potential of them getting the best of you in a live debate is pretty high. I kind of have to agree with MKT if you want a truly civil debate you might want to get a moderator that has no interest in the subject. If I was to be your guest and I was reading this thread I would expect to be walking into an ambush.

But just my opinion....
Have you ever listened to the show? Tell me the same thing when you have. No ambushes, no name calling. I wont be involved in the conversation. And yes I am more of a US fan than WDW, but not for the same reason as some, such as MKT.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Have you ever listened to the show? Tell me the same thing when you have. No ambushes, no name calling. I wont be involved in the conversation. And yes I am more of a US fan than WDW, but not for the same reason as some, such as MKT.
Yes I did listen to the show. I listened to show number 9 and more recently number 11. The little resurrecting Joey of episode 9 and the drunk guy at Steve's house of episode 11 skits annoyed me to no end. Sorry but characters, fake radio voices and skits on radio and pod-casts really annoy me. The rest of the content seemed fine. Production was fair at best. There were very noticeable differences in clarity and volume for everyone on the show. It sounded like everyone was broadcasting from different locations on different equipment which this probably is the reality of it but produced correctly it should sound like everyone is in the same room.
True there were no ambushes or name calling but then again there was no one to ambush or name call.

IOACentralRadio

Yes I did listen to the show. I listened to show number 9 and more recently number 11. The little resurrecting Joey of episode 9 and the drunk guy at Steve's house of episode 11 skits annoyed me to no end. Sorry but characters, fake radio voices and skits on radio and pod-casts really annoy me. The rest of the content seemed fine. Production was fair at best. There were very noticeable differences in clarity and volume for everyone on the show. It sounded like everyone was broadcasting from different locations on different equipment which this probably is the reality of it but produced correctly it should sound like everyone is in the same room.
True there were no ambushes or name calling but then again there was no one to ambush or name call.
We're not trying to appeal to you, so thank god for that. We're trying to have fun and we do that quite well. Drunk guy at Steve's house? Hmmm...you paid attention I see :hammer: And yeah, the sound quality is fair at best because we are doing it from a laptop with free software. But the point is, you heard no animosity towards anything. Its a fun show, and thats what we'll have with the disney debate show, which is the issue that you originally had. Listen to all of the shows we have available, you'll see when we talk about disney we talk about it in a fair way. As far as fake radio voices, thats my real voice....no acting there.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We're not trying to appeal to you, so thank god for that. We're trying to have fun and we do that quite well. Drunk guy at Steve's house? Hmmm...you paid attention I see :hammer: And yeah, the sound quality is fair at best because we are doing it from a laptop with free software. But the point is, you heard no animosity towards anything. Its a fun show, and thats what we'll have with the disney debate show, which is the issue that you originally had. Listen to all of the shows we have available, you'll see when we talk about disney we talk about it in a fair way. As far as fake radio voices, thats my real voice....no acting there.
Umhhh I was an engineering major and not an English major but that sounds a lot like animosity to me.

Out of morbid curiosity I might check out you Disney-Universal debate show but after that I doubt I will listen again. Subject matter aside the show just isn't that good. Even if you were a Disney podcast I doubt I would listen. If you guys are having fun doing it and your listeners like it more power to you. I just won't be one of them which I can tell will really break your heart.:rolleyes:

And the person speaking at the beginning of show 11...If that is his "real" voice.:eek:

Have a magical day.

IOACentralRadio

Wow, how coincidental that you happend to randomly pick today to grace our presence. So do you owe IOACentralRadio lunch or something for rushing to tell you that someone thinks your voice sounds funny on a podcast via free software over a laptop?

:rolleyes:
Rushing? Yeah, thats me all over. But hey, this little pick apart thread is working....the shows hits have doubled. So keep hating the show guys, we love your support :king:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Rushing? Yeah, thats me all over. But hey, this little pick apart thread is working....the shows hits have doubled. So keep hating the show guys, we love your support :king:

Glad we could help and again, there is no hate involved, well at least on our end, thats evident. Its sad to see you admitting that you need us to help you revive your podcast. :wave:

kcnole

So what's the point of Disney fans bashing this podcast again? Oh yeah, it's about Universal. Just drop it guys, you're making yourself look immature here. It's a new podcast, of course it's not going to be insanely popular. They've got quite a few people on their myspace page who have connected up there though so it must be at least somewhat listened to.

DigitalDisney

See, those are the same things thats turned me away from disney, and I will not be renewing my AP's to disney this year....all four of them. And I'm not even paying for it! So, its different for each person.
How on earth can these things turn you away from Disney, but keep you going to USO? And did they all occur multiple times on the same day like they did for me? And why on earth would you not renew an AP if it was going to be free? I sure paid for the USO AP I used last year, and my last visit there made me feel a little ripped off.

Please enlighten us with examples of what you saw at WDW, because I'm itching to know. I've heard rumors about those DVC booth people getting out of control, and it looks like they might actually be true.

FYI, Disney doesn't have FOTL access anywhere (maybe you missed that on your many visits last year). Every FP attraction has someone at the attraction entrance (to check times) and at the line merge location (to collect FPs). You're just not going to be getting on a FP ride in the FP line without a FP. There's no way around it.

If you would have actually read my post, then you would have known that I was referring to people from the single-rider line jumping into the unmanned FOTL line.

Thanks for playing

Also, before anyone accuses me of being an all-out USO hater, remember that I ran Digital Universal, which was a fan site that had the largest collection of pictures, audio, and video on the net at the time. It'd be kinda stupid to capture/digitize/publish all that if I wasn't a fan, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom