Pre-Trip The "After The Last 8 Months We've Had, We NEED This Trip" Pre-Trip Report

Hi everyone! We decided today we needed a trip to Disney and booked this afternoon! After following along (borderline stalking maybe?) all of the trip reports on this forum, I've decided I'm going to give this a whirl....wish me luck! Let's do the "Who's Going"!
STUDIO_HBKEYSTO_20160928_7815380852.jpeg

My husband (George) and myself (Megan) on our most recent trip in September 2016!
My grandmother (a Disney lover who tells people she is Mickey's cousin) sparked my love and obsession with the most magical place on earth when I was 6 years old! (Eeeek...25 years ago!) That first trip sealed the deal and I was hooked on the magic. We went numerous times through my childhood including three dance trips...fun fact: I've danced in the Magic Kingdom twice before they moved the stage to DS. My husband isn't as obssesed but enjoys going. I'm not sure when his first trip was and I'm sure if I asked I would get his usual answer "I have a terrible memory and can't remember most things before I was 18." :banghead: I am a temporarily retired elementary teacher (you'll meet the reason for my retirement soon) and George is a coal miner. We live about 20 minutes outside of Pittsburgh, PA. We have been to Disney 5 times together (July 2009, August 2013, October 2014, November 2015, and September 2016) and our next guest is our favorite souvenir from our 2016 trip....

thumb_IMG_8422_1024.jpg

Meet Princess Ryleigh! (aka the reason for my retirement!) She was born into this Disney loving family in June 2017! And she's already a lover of all things Disney! She LIGHTS UP at the sight of the opening of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! If you follow my Instagram, we achieve most of her smiles in photos by playing the theme on loop from youtube. (Shhh....don't tell anyone our secret!) My baby shower was Minnie themed and her nursery is Disney princesses. She made her first trip to the Disney store at less than a month old.
thumb_IMG_7400_1024.jpg

And she already has a set of Mickey ears!
thumb_IMG_8884_1024.jpg

I am so excited to get to share the magic of WDW with her! I've been waiting for this since we found out I was pregnant! And I'm not sure what the limit is on posts so I'll continue on in the next one!

amjt660

Premium Member
I am late but at least I read this before you left

I hope you get good weather and that you have a wonderful time

Looking forward to reading all about it after you get back

Max

MegRuss626

Original Poster
Congratulations on your arrival she is so cute, I love the shirts you have for her.

Thank you!

Did you try getting SDD fast passes for one? You won’t be going together anyway so try getting separate times. Good luck and enjoy!

That was my go-to strategy from the beginning since our trip is so short. I’ve checked every so often since with no luck. Thanks though!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Congrats on your baby girl!

Thank you!

I am late but at least I read this before you left

I hope you get good weather and that you have a wonderful time

Looking forward to reading all about it after you get back

Max

Thanks Max! (And I’m late for everything so it’s all good! 😂)

MegRuss626

Original Poster
2 DAYS GUYS!!!!!

Did some last minute shopping today and started getting things organized. My husband in true male fashion goes “should I start figuring my stuff out?” 🤦🏻‍♀️ I also learned from @wdisney9000 mistake (at least I think it was yours?) and when George said “I’ll take these swim shorts...I’ve never worn them but they’ll work” so my response was “don’t you think you should try them on first”. (Spoiler alert: he tried them on...they fit)

I have an appointment for some Disney nails tomorrow afternoon then home to spend the evening actually putting things in the suitcase. It’s almost time!! (Weather still can’t make up its mind!)

MegRuss626

Original Poster
I wish my nail place had a clue.. they can barely do a flower! Last time I asked them to put Mickeys on my big toes... they made the mickey head so small it looked silly.

I got lucky with this salon! I found them on Instagram around Christmas time and they do all of their designs by hand. I had mermaid nails for Ryleigh’s birthday party!

Your nails look great!! I hope you have a wonderful time!!
Love your nails, very cute! Hope the trip is fabulous!

Thanks so much!! ❤️❤️

MegRuss626

Original Poster
Eeeeepppp.....12ish hours from now we'll be heading to the airport! I am officially packed (sort of?) and ready to load up in the morning. And I realized I never did the official schedule post after FP were made!

Friday:
Leave for the airport no later than 9
Take off at 12:55 p.m.
Land at 3:10 p.m.
Chef Mickey’s at 6:00
Back to the hotel to swim and relax

Saturday:
Quick breakfast at the hotel...Ryleigh will prob have her usual yogurt (she’s not much of a breakfast person)
FP for Peter Pan
FP to meet Mickey
Lunch reservation at BOG
FP Winnie the Pooh
Small dinner somewhere in MK (I plan on eating my body weight in desserts at the HEA party)
HEA Dessert Party with Garden Viewing

Sunday:
MK in the morning
HS early afternoon
FP for Frozen
FP for Alien Swirling Saucers
FP for ToT (not for me....I DESPISE that ride)
SW Fireworks (if Ryleigh likes fireworks)

Monday:
Hang out at the hotel until the TE arrives for our 2:30 p.m. flight 😭

I can’t believe it’s finally here!! If you’re going to be there and see us, make sure to say hello! For those of you not going to be there, I’m sure they’ll be an overabundance of posts on my Instagram if you’re interested! (Username is MegRuss626)

Rista1313

Eeeeepppp.....12ish hours from now we'll be heading to the airport! I am officially packed (sort of?) and ready to load up in the morning. And I realized I never did the official schedule post after FP were made!

Friday:
Leave for the airport no later than 9
Take off at 12:55 p.m.
Land at 3:10 p.m.
Chef Mickey’s at 6:00
Back to the hotel to swim and relax

Saturday:
Quick breakfast at the hotel...Ryleigh will prob have her usual yogurt (she’s not much of a breakfast person)
FP for Peter Pan
FP to meet Mickey
Lunch reservation at BOG
FP Winnie the Pooh
Small dinner somewhere in MK (I plan on eating my body weight in desserts at the HEA party)
HEA Dessert Party with Garden Viewing

Sunday:
MK in the morning
HS early afternoon
FP for Frozen
FP for Alien Swirling Saucers
FP for ToT (not for me....I DESPISE that ride)
SW Fireworks (if Ryleigh likes fireworks)

Monday:
Hang out at the hotel until the TE arrives for our 2:30 p.m. flight 😭

I can’t believe it’s finally here!! If you’re going to be there and see us, make sure to say hello! For those of you not going to be there, I’m sure they’ll be an overabundance of posts on my Instagram if you’re interested! (Username is MegRuss626)

Sounds like a good plan! We didn't eat before the HEA Dessert party... thanks goodness... too many goodies. And I hear they have added a few hot things as well, like some kind of eggrolls, etc.

MegRuss626

Original Poster
Sounds like a good plan! We didn't eat before the HEA Dessert party... thanks goodness... too many goodies. And I hear they have added a few hot things as well, like some kind of eggrolls, etc.

I def went hungry!! They added some crackers with dip and cheeseburger egg roll thingies. I didn’t mess with that stuff...I was there for the desserts! It’s was after the desserts where things went down hill 👎🏻

Have a wonderful time! Our paths won’t cross though since I’m spending the weekend in ATL. :bored:

I don’t know that I would have seen you anyways! It was sooooo crowded!!! 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

Awwww, what a cutie! I'm so sorry about your mother but was happy to see that she's getting better! Have a fantastic time!!!

Thank you! It’s def been a long recovery process that’s far from being over. But she’s still here and that’s all that matters!

Have a great time

Thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom