The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Star Wars doesn't fit in either Disneyland or California Adventure. I'd rather it replace Toontown than go in Tomorrowland, but that option still doesn't make me happy. I shouldn't have to explain why it doesn't fit in DCA.

It's sickening to think about these possibilities, but it seems pretty obvious one of them will happen.

PacNWTigger

Lots of discussion about the 60th over at MiceChat. The latest bit of news, it seems, is Owl City is contributing to Paint the Night. I never really thought about Adam Young's voice being used for a Disney parade, but after listening to the sample, his voice is perfect for Disney's parades.

https://instagram.com/p/0o_BiwAWY1/
Owl City did one of the theme songs for Wreck it Ralph. I think he will be a great fit!

Skippy

Is Stars Wars Land official?? That's such a mistake... I'm really against bringing in "non-Disney" movies into the parks like Avatar and Stars Wars. I know there are tie-ins and Disney bought SW blah blah but it's so not Disney to me and erupts the magic. They could have done a much cooler "Land" that could incorporate more actual Disney movies.
All but official. The prevailing thought is plans for increased SW park presence (DLR hopefully DHS) will be announced at D23 in August.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Is Stars Wars Land official?? That's such a mistake... I'm really against bringing in "non-Disney" movies into the parks like Avatar and Stars Wars. I know there are tie-ins and Disney bought SW blah blah but it's so not Disney to me and erupts the magic. They could have done a much cooler "Land" that could incorporate more actual Disney movies.

Avatar I'm still not used to, but Star Wars and Indiana Jones have been at Disneyland and other Disney parks for decades that they have become staples in the parks. I can not imagine Disneyland without Star Tours and Indiana Jones Adventure.

Would have been nice to have somewhere else to place Star Wars Land at DLR.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

I usually agree with this, but Indiana Jones fits very nicely in Disneyland. In terms of Star Tours, I prefer the original and could do without the new one.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I thought so too, but I rode the original again in Paris last fall. I found it simply too dated, and not as exciting as the new one. What I do like about it is that much more of it is in actual space. For pure nostalgia, it was still fun...and in French! :joyfull:

Last edited:

Sage of Time

The merch does nothing for me. If I get to go this year, I'll probably buy something with the logo on it, but it just looks so generic...

George Lucas on a Bench

Mansion needs to be down for more than a couple of days, unfortunately. It's getting kinda dire. I'm not sure how modern WDI can go through there with their checklists and deem it show-worthy. It functions, but it doesn't look great. The walls in the stretching rooms are in a terrible state, the Doom Buggies make a racket that sounds like chains at the load and unload areas, Leota's floating objects and the ghouls in the graveyard all need to be repainted so you can actually see them, the ceiling tiles in the seance room need to be replaced, the boundless limbo of mist and decay and staircase at the start of the ride need a permanent fix so it doesn't look like a big warehouse (I'm like 99% sure it wasn't always that bright), the pop-ups need to be faster and I'm still not satisfied with the lighting in the ballroom. Perhaps those figures need to be refreshed as well. It seems like maintenance of the classic version of the ride has been neglected, with no serious refurb in years.

I suppose all we'll be getting is some version of the Hatbox Ghost, which I'm praying is on model.

As for Star Wars in DL, the fact is they don't NEED to add any attractions. The most I see them doing is plugging the new movies with previews, props, character meet and greets and maybe updates to Star Tours.

Twilight_Roxas

Mansion needs to be down for more than a couple of days, unfortunately. It's getting kinda dire. I'm not sure how modern WDI can go through there with their checklists and deem it show-worthy. It functions, but it doesn't look great. The walls in the stretching rooms are in a terrible state, the Doom Buggies make a racket that sounds like chains at the load and unload areas, Leota's floating objects and the ghouls in the graveyard all need to be repainted so you can actually see them, the ceiling tiles in the seance room need to be replaced, the boundless limbo of mist and decay and staircase at the start of the ride need a permanent fix so it doesn't look like a big warehouse (I'm like 99% sure it wasn't always that bright), the pop-ups need to be faster and I'm still not satisfied with the lighting in the ballroom. Perhaps those figures need to be refreshed as well. It seems like maintenance of the classic version of the ride has been neglected, with no serious refurb in years.

I suppose all we'll be getting is some version of the Hatbox Ghost, which I'm praying is on model.

As for Star Wars in DL, the fact is they don't NEED to add any attractions. The most I see them doing is plugging the new movies with previews, props, character meet and greets and maybe updates to Star Tours.
With Star Tours they should add 2 of the new planets in the upcoming film if there is any.

Stevek

Disney Analyst

More is done! Loving it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 138

Sage of Time

So, business as usual for DL HM.

This is why I prefer WDW's Mansion and their maintenance standards, in this instance. WDW HM is DL's POTC. DL's HM is WDW's POTC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom