The 27.5 Billion dollar time bomb Iger left Chapek

Lilofan

I dunno. I think you’re underestimating people’s capacity for selective outrage. For example, on these boards alone there are far more people upset at the depictions in a Disney movie from the 1940’s than what the Chinese government is doing today.
It’s a fine line on how our country treads water with China. The import export relationship within the two countries is in the billions of dollars . I know I am thankful for our family prescription meds that keep us going courtesy of the what’s being imported to our land.

EPCOT-O.G.

It’s a fine line on how our country treads water with China. The import export relationship within the two countries is in the billions of dollars . I know I am thankful for our family prescription meds that keep us going courtesy of the what’s being imported to our land.
“I’m willing to turn a blind eye to atrocities because this relationship makes me a lot of money” isn‘t a morally defensible justification. Let alone a private company’s willingness to enter into extensive business relationships with those governments.

You might not care what the Chinese government is doing to the bodies of its own citizens, but you do seem to have a concern for what you and your loved ones are putting in your bodies. You might want to look into alternate sources for your meds:

Smiley/OCD

“I’m willing to turn a blind eye to atrocities because this relationship makes me a lot of money” isn‘t a morally defensible justification. Let alone a private company’s willingness to enter into extensive business relationships with those governments.

You might not care what the Chinese government is doing to the bodies of its own citizens, but you do seem to have a concern for what you and your loved ones are putting in your bodies. You might want to look into alternate sources for your meds:

Speaking for myself and my meds…one is made in the US…(65k/infusion twice a year) and my other (1200.00/mo) is made in Ireland…my insurance company made me switch to the generic which was made in India but it didn’t work for me so I was able to switch back…it pays to do your homework,

Lilofan

Dealing with family serious illness, life and death, trusting the medical staff using the necessary drugs , the farthest thing from my mind is looking at other places where the prescription drugs are made .

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Only if he has a co president that knows/cares numbers......
At this point, the parks need some crazy spending. If I had Branson / Musk money and bought the parks I’d give Joe DAK and Epcot and give Rafferty MK and Studios.

Baxter can have California and Imagination Pavilion.

In an alternate world where I only can buy WDW Baxter can have MK and Future World, Joe can have DAK and World Showcase and Kevin can have DHS.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
At this point, the parks need some crazy spending. If I had Branson / Musk money and bought the parks I’d give Joe DAK and Epcot and give Rafferty MK and Studios.

Baxter can have California and Imagination Pavilion.

In an alternate world where I only can buy WDW Baxter can have MK and Future World, Joe can have DAK and World Showcase and Kevin can have DHS.

Not me. If I had that kinda money - the choice would be very, very simple.

61A71EAB-085F-4864-A9D3-2CABCD8E097A.gif

Club Cooloholic

Disney can pretty much write off all the money they have invested in China. Leaked demographic data shows their population is 200 million less (1.2 vs 1.41 billion) than the official number and has been declining for longer and at a faster rate than is official. Their population pyramid is also a total Charlie Foxtrot. In 75 years, they will have less than half their current population, and only half of the remaining population will be working age. They are facing total societal collapse.
I was amazed how many buildings in Shanghai were empty. Big high rises that looked like apartments, just dark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom