The 27.5 Billion dollar time bomb Iger left Chapek

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Good god, are people really fantasising about Elon Musk taking over Disney?

I guess at least there would never be a dull moment.

Not necessarily Musk. Just anyone other than the current group.

I’d even settle for that Octopus that predicts sporting events. Who knows - might get 20,000 and the Nautilus back if that were to happen.

Goofyernmost

I don't understand that thinking, if I buy shares no matter the price and the shares go up by x percent my holding goes up by x percent. If I buy more I earn more but the proportion is the same? Same for losses, what ends up in my pocket is the same percentage of investment no matter the price.
The value of your holdings would increase by whatever percentage it rises but you still own the same number of total shares as you did before therefore the same amount of percentage of the number of shares that exist. If they issue more shares your percentage of shares decreases. But unless you buy more shares of ownership your numbers remain the same up or down in value.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Time bomb?

This will have no impact on stock price as the anticipation of this happening has been priced into Disney’s stock for years.

When it actually happens it will have zero negative impact on the company, as it has been planned for for years.

The biggest issue will be the ever increasing loss of NBCU content.

networkpro

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
And the cell service and Wi-Fi would probably be better in the parks and resorts too…

Don't kid yourself, Cell and wifi are as good as they want them to be. Consider the two carriers which were/are the sponsors for Disney. Even though I work for the competition, they aren't slackers when it comes to designing coverage. It all boils down to how much land would they allow towers to be built on (semi-permanent) , how many facilities would they permit to be used/introduced ( power, fiber, and backup generation), and how long would this period last.

WDW Pro

Before everyone goes full out View attachment 651496, let's consider the problem that Robert Iger dropped in his lap: The remaining 33% ownership stake in Hulu is currently owned by Comcast. In order to close the Murdoc Fox deal, Iger agreed to allow Comcast to ask for the remaining interest in the joint venture to be purchased by Disney by January 2024. The valuation would be set by a reputable 3rd party at the closing date.

You now see how the lack of a cohesive streaming strategy can cause mayhem in the budgeting process when you're contractually obligated to spend 6 billion more than your yearly profit because the other Bob made the call.

Disney will more than pay for their competition's new Epic Universe parks a year and a half before it's scheduled to open.

If we're talking time bombs that Iger left, this isn't the only one. Should China invade Taiwan, the mess Disney will have on its hands with Shanghai and Hong Kong Disney theme parks will be gargantuan.

EricsBiscuit

Disney can pretty much write off all the money they have invested in China. Leaked demographic data shows their population is 200 million less (1.2 vs 1.41 billion) than the official number and has been declining for longer and at a faster rate than is official. Their population pyramid is also a total Charlie Foxtrot. In 75 years, they will have less than half their current population, and only half of the remaining population will be working age. They are facing total societal collapse.

wutisgood

Russia will not really invade Ukraine until it happens please, world politics is bad enough without speculating on worst case scenarios.

Yea and also countries can immediately move chip production domestically if anything bad happens.

EPCOT-O.G.

If we're talking time bombs that Iger left, this isn't the only one. Should China invade Taiwan, the mess Disney will have on its hands with Shanghai and Hong Kong Disney theme parks will be gargantuan.
I dunno. I think you’re underestimating people’s capacity for selective outrage. For example, on these boards alone there are far more people upset at the depictions in a Disney movie from the 1940’s than what the Chinese government is doing today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom