• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report The “lets count the ways Land is greater than World” as seen through the eyes of the #noobsfromgeorgia.

DisSplash

Advertisement
Absolutely. I ventured over to the DCL board a few nights ago and read some of your posts, as well as some of the others that seem to be very well versed in all things DCL. The pre-feelings are STRONG. 😬
Oh the prefeelings be massive for DCL!!! :p Definitely a Spinal Tap rating of 11, whereas WDW for me is probably a solid 9, and maybe a 10 on an uncrowded, perfectly sunny, I-got-every-FP-I-wanted kind of day. It’s another whole level, that DCL. I am prefeeling the crap out my December 2019 cruise!!! And it’s still 11 months away! You will LOVE it!

blgauger

Oh the prefeelings be massive for DCL!!! :p Definitely a Spinal Tap rating of 11, whereas WDW for me is probably a solid 9, and maybe a 10 on an uncrowded, perfectly sunny, I-got-every-FP-I-wanted kind of day. It’s another whole level, that DCL. I am prefeeling the crap out my December 2019 cruise!!! And it’s still 11 months away! You will LOVE it!
Eek! I am SO excited! 😍 So much to look forward to in 2019! 👰🏻😬

bee

We're pretty sure we wont renew our APs this year but our plan was to use the AP money to cruise more but maybe we should DL more instead?:geek:
Maybe other Disney parks??
Tokyo??? If you can handle the flight, that is! I spent a lot of time at TDR ranking WDW vs. DLR vs. TDR. They each have advantages and disadvantages.

I really enjoyed your report (that I finally caught up on today!) and share a lot of your opinions of Orlando vs. Anaheim. Can't wait to read the NYE report!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Tokyo??? If you can handle the flight, that is! I spent a lot of time at TDR ranking WDW vs. DLR vs. TDR. They each have advantages and disadvantages.

I really enjoyed your report (that I finally caught up on today!) and share a lot of your opinions of Orlando vs. Anaheim. Can't wait to read the NYE report!
NYE TR should start this weekend. The start of the semester combined with coming back to work after being off for 2 weeks took its toll.

True to my word, we got our DCL on today! I canceled our May BWV stay for the 4-nighter.
May19.jpg
April20.jpg

I'm not sure where I left off on this one, but I'll wrap it up with my thoughts.

We returned from WDW on Saturday, Jan 6 (I think). We were left with some different emotions regarding this trip. I'll let @lostpro9het talk about those in the new TR, but overall DLR>WDW.

Right now, DLR is superior to WDW. The rides, the atmosphere, the crowd level, the food, the location are all, IMO, superior. Sure, WDW is bigger and it has more to offer and there are just some things that DLR doesn't offer. You can't get the AK or EC experience at DLR.

I know we've only been once and it's partially a newness of it all, but we came to some realizations on the WDW trip, which in turn has altered our trip habits. We love WDW, but DLR gave it a run for its money.

What's next? New TR and three cruises booked instead of visiting the parks. We def want to head out to DLR again, but it will not be for a while. We've actually been throwing a Toyko Disney trip, but that is a post-retirement trip.

Thank you all for reading and hopefully enjoying our adventures.

Looking forward to your NYE trip report! We were at WDW as well and spent NYE at Epcot for the first time. We were actually pleasantly surprised with the excellent crowd control and had a great time people watching at the various dance parties. I will say WDW was crazy crowded, of course. What surprised us was the number of overflowing trash cans and absolutely dirty bathrooms the whole week. It seems the custodial crew has been spread too thin. We were at DLR on Black Friday and saw CM's cleaning bathrooms every time we went in. Not so at WDW.

If you like DLR, you should absolutely save for a trip to Tokyo DL. It is SO clean, friendliest cast members ever and most respectful guests of any park. And attention to detail is over the top. TDL>DLR! The tickets are actually cheaper than WDW or DLR. For us, being from CA, if we can get a cheap flight, TDL can actually be cheaper than going to WDW.

Now, you have inspired us to save for a DCL trip!

Top Bottom