Trip Report That time I dislocated my kneecap in WDW...

Hi friends :) I’ll get back to that title in a little bit, I’m much better now but that certainly put an unwelcome twist on the trip. My best friend, trying to make me feel better, said I'm lucky-who gets to experience a hurricane and dislocate their kneecap both in Disney within a few months. She does have a point ;)

But first...a couple months ago, right before I went on my November trip, I was already getting bummed because I didn’t know when I’d be going back (I have problems:oops:…). That same day my cousin texted me saying she had a meeting in Orlando January 14th and asked if I wanted to fly down for the weekend and join her at Disney for a couple days. Well, DUH :D
We didn’t really talk about it much in the next few weeks until we saw each other over thanksgiving. My aunt was on board and I wanted my mom to come too but she said no – it’s too much trouble for her to ask off of work. I was bummed but understand the position she is in so didn’t push it – I also had an idea up my sleeve…
I suggested to my dad that we give my mom this trip for Christmas. I talked to her boss about getting the time off, explaining we wanted to surprise her etc and it was no problem. In the meantime, my cousin tells me that her little ones will be coming along, an even better surprise that once my mom found out about, she wouldn't miss this for anything.
SO I tell my mom the trip isn’t happening – made up an excuse about having mandatory things at work I really can’t get out of so my cousin is just going to the meeting and not spending any time at Disney. A relief for my mom so she didn’t have to worry about work. ;)
Christmas morning comes, my mom unwrapped her magicband and she was SO confused and excited when she figured out all our scheming. We let her unwrap gift certificates for the dining plan (something we never do), photopass, our hotel & flights, then the kids magicbands. Until that moment she thought it was just my aunt, cousin and me. She couldn’t believe it! What was even more exciting is that the trip was less than 3 weeks away!
My cousin didn’t tell the kids until New Years and they were just as excited!

So here we are –

Me
Eliska – 6.5
Julian – 4.5
Michelle- my cousin
Phyl- My Mom/Auntie to the kids :)
Bev – My Aunt/Nonna to the kids

We were in Orlando from Friday January 13th – Tuesday January 17th.
My mom and I stayed Friday night at Port Orleans French Quarter
Michelle & Fam stayed at a nearby hotel where her conference was going on
Saturday we all switched to a Cars Suite at Art of Animation

Hope you'll join along! :)

samantha788

Original Poster
Holy pixie dust! I've missed so much!!!! :eek:

A great end to your report... Too many things to remember to comment on. But I do love One Man's Dream.. it's so interesting!

Apparently you're on another cruise RIGHT NOW. No wonder you've been quiet other than posting the weather on Snapchat. :rolleyes: I hope you're having so much fun and I can't wait to read all about it!!!!!

A farewell Wishes trip!? I'm so jealous but so happy that you'll get to see it again. Also I know that I can count on you for amazing pictures and videos so it makes my sadness just a little bit less. :p I'm so excited that you get to try Cali Grill, too! It's one that I'm most looking forward to on my trip!

I'm smiling from ear to ear for everything that is happening for you right now! :D And also smiling for myself because I'll have fantastic reports to read.. Complete with Beauty and the Beast pictures. :inlove:
Your reply made me even more excited for everything!:D:D:D
Leave for San Juan on Saturday and the cruise Sunday! I can't believe it! Trying to pack for it all and my head is spinning haha
You can count on plenty of Beauty and the Beast pictures!!
ps...really trying to make a long birthday weekend trip, must see you and @Doc Disney if so!:joyfull::joyfull:

blreinsel

Leave for San Juan on Saturday and the cruise Sunday! I can't believe it! Trying to pack for it all and my head is spinning haha
ps...really trying to make a long birthday weekend trip, must see you and @Doc Disney if so!:joyfull::joyfull:

My dates were off. :hilarious: But OH WELL! You leave in 2 days!!! Woohoo!

The long birthday weekend trip is a MUST! That will simply make my birthday complete. :joyfull:

Have an absolutely magical time on your cruise.. I know that you will! :D

kaitertot5249

Awesome ending to your trip! So jealous of the trips that you have just around the corner! Sounds like you have an exiting spring ahead of you. I can't wait for your trip reports so I can live vicariously through you!

samantha788

Original Poster
My dates were off. :hilarious: But OH WELL! You leave in 2 days!!! Woohoo!

The long birthday weekend trip is a MUST! That will simply make my birthday complete. :joyfull:

Have an absolutely magical time on your cruise.. I know that you will! :D
THANK YOUUU!! Lots of pictures to come!:D

Awesome ending to your trip! So jealous of the trips that you have just around the corner! Sounds like you have an exiting spring ahead of you. I can't wait for your trip reports so I can live vicariously through you!
Thank you so much! :joyfull:

Doc Disney

YES! Meet up! Totally reading this out of context will have to go back to finish your report :)

buseegal

Thank you!! I just started skimming through yours and it's getting me even more excited for our trip on the Magic!
Definitely going to watch the knee, as long as I don't do anything crazy - like sliding into a booth- I think i'll be okay haha ;):banghead::rolleyes:
hope yours doesn't get worse as mine has. I never know when it will go out. have been told I am going to need a knee replacement soon but keep putting off

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom