That Final Farewell!

scpergj

Depends on timing.

We are usually AP every other year, so during the year it is usually EPCOT; however, the last trip on an AP is ALWAYS at MK...and the last thing we do is ride the train all the way around the park. Hit DTD to get some food for the 2 hour drive home...then wait another year.

Skibum1970

It's funny. When we first arrive, our attitude is "Ahhh, we have a whole week (or however many days) to enjoy the World. How awesome." Then, as the alotted time starts to draw to a close, I start panicking about how little time is left. Our first park is the same as our last park - Magic Kingdom. First day there is spent reacquainting ourselves with the park and seeing our favorite rides like old friends. On the last day, I am trying to soak it all in. I try to fix everything into memory, including the queues, music, and rides. I cannot get enough. One thing that may change is that we always travel home in the morning. Whenever I schedule our next trip, I am going to schedule the flight home for afternoon or evening so that we can spend as much time as possible at either the resort of MK.

JIMINYCR

Last park is always MK. Last ride is always Splash Mountain. And for good luck I aways drop by Cinderella's wishing well ( pathway runs by the castle)

cinderellaswishingwell.jpg

and drop coins into it making the wish that we have good fortune throughout the next year allowing us to return the next year. And always take one last ride on the Monorail around the resort loop before loading on the bus to go back to the resort where the DME bus is scheduled.
Passing under the train station arches on the way out of the park for the last time is the most depressing walk.

MouseDreaming

Our last 2 trips, we ended with lunch at EPCOT. On all of our previous trips, I always cry when I know it is the last time I will see the castle, and be on Main St. I think going through 4 parks in one day helps make me an emotional train wreck waiting to happen. So, by the time we get to MK at the end of that day...water works. Lunch at EPCOT--I'm fine. Worrying about making the bus back to the resort to catch the DME in time, but otherwise, it is OK.

bubbles1812

They came back again later that evening for dinner lol. But those few hours to myself were great. I often don't get to even go to the bathroom alone so to have free time was a rare event haha.
It's funny. My most recent trip, which started four weeks ago today, ended up being a semi-solo trip. My mom went down with me but she mostly came to the parks and met up with me in afternoon/evening. She wanted to lay at the pool, and I'm an early riser. It ended up being really nice. I enjoyed that freedom to be able to choose what I wanted to do and the pace I wanted to do it. If I wanted to sit and observe for 10 minutes I could, or I could speed across the park to make a fast pass at the last minute (I did both ;)), I could do that too. I know some people seem to think you couldn't possibly have fun solo, but I honestly had a blast both alone and with my mom.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
MK is where it always starts and it always ends for us. Always have to get those last rides in on Splash and BTMRR. Kids keep asking for one more ride until we have no time left and have to beat feet to the bus. We all look back a number of times as we walk away and when we get to the end of MSUSA we usually all look back together at the castle one more time. Kiss and hug the wife and we thank each other for the trip and soak up the last few minutes. I usually have already secured a bounceback offer, but it's still kind of a downer knowing you are about to go back through the turnsiles to reality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom