That Disney-Feeling Song!

General Grizz

Original Poster
Most of Walt Disney World's guests often relate a definite song to a particular past era.

Or at least I think they do... :lookaroun

Because I do! :lol:

I'm talking about a definite song that defined a couple of years worth of trips - or more, or less - depending on your trips.

For me, I can only think of TWO definite examples so far:

MK 1998-1999-2000: The Years I Spent Recoring EVERYTHING (Especially CBJ...for hours!)
Song: Woody's Roundup
I heard this often in the morning on Vault Disney...when the Riders in the Sky had their small music video. Whenever I heard that song, it will ALWAYS bring me back to these classic years. (Of course, I still herald 1996 as the best :D )

EPCOT 1999-2000: Millennium Celebration
Song: Tapestry of Nations
Millennium Village. Wow... What a great celebration. Those were good days.

MK 2001-2002: The new-life years
Song: Share a Dream Come True. No doubt. I always think of my Keys to the Kingdom tour...the whole 100 Years thing...when I hear the parade theme.

What's in store for the future?

I have a feeling that an entirely new Disney emotion is arising, particularly among the fans. . . I know it's overtaken me this weekend!

I'm predicting something from "Wishes" or "Spectromagic" will start to define the upcoming era with my coming trip in about a week.

Let's hear from you! :sohappy:

ISTCrew20

Hmm...I havent really had a Disney song make me remember the parks as as whole since the Millenium Celebration, Hand in Hand one. MSEP and Spectro will forever remind me of Disney. The HM ride audio also is a great reminder, but Im hoping that when I see Wishes (SATURDAY!!!!) I'll have a new song to add

egionet

My favorite Disney song, regardless of what trip it is, is Golden Dream from AA because it makes me want to cry everytime I see the show or hear the song. I feel that it is a touching ending!

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
The wife and I always sing a Lion King song as we walk in/out of AKL. It's like our African chant theme music.

We also sing a few lines from a "Who's Line Is It Anyways?" show were Wayne Brady was doing an African Chant game..."He's name is Miiiike." We'll sing that one too as we walk into AKL. (hey it's on ABC, close enough to Disney right?) :lol:

OliveMcFly

The Main St Electrical Parade music reminds me of my childhood at Disney World. My new fave is Tapestry of Nations. I burned it and I usually listen to it in my car...it's a 30 minute track so it lasts the whole way there. HeHe:lol:

I can remember getting a promotional video several years ago. The box was yellow. My family got it on a Saturday, and of course I wanted us to watch it as soon as it came. It had this little song in it that I sang from that Saturday until we arrived at WDW..."I'm goin' to Disney World, I'm goin' to Disney World..." Thinking about that song always makes me laugh.

More recently, I loved "Remember the Magic." I'm such a Disney music freak anyway, I love it all! :D

surfsupdon

SpectroMagic parade music.

So many years late at night hearing it and seeing the actual parade for various aspects of the park. The very end, with the carousel and children, perhaps, singing is jsut so nice for me.

NemoRocks78

Seized
The Haunted Mansion music. All of it. Grim Grinning Ghosts, the theme, the music played while you go past the ballroom scene, I have it all stored on my iPod, and man, every time I'm listening to it, I just want to get back to the parks!!!!! But no worries, i'm back this weekend for Wishes! :D

Disneyfan63

We have the SpectroMagic CD so whenever we need a "Disney fix" we play it. My daughter and I do the head bobbing thing that the glowing face people do in the beginning of parade. This is done in remeberance of when we were watching the parade and one the glowfaces broke down in front of us and they all kept doing it the whole time they waited for it to br towed away which felt like an eternity (ie same as how some feel about IASW).

Three weeks from now I'll be on my way for 8 days!!

Chris

It's Got to be Spectromagic!! Whenever I hear it my mind drifts away and I'm sitting on the curb of Main Street USA watching that wonderful parade:dazzle:

tori_614

Originally posted by Little Mermaid
[B It had this little song in it that I sang from that Saturday until we arrived at WDW..."I'm goin' to Disney World, I'm goin' to Disney World..." Thinking about that song always makes me laugh

I remember that song, it was a big hit in my family. We still sing it. However the music from splash mountain always makes me so excited, it's like the anticipation level just sky rockets when I hear that song before a trip. I also like the Fortuosity medley on Main Street, and Hooray for Hollywood in MGM. My ultimate fave is the bug music from It's Tough to be a Bug, while you are waiting to go into the theater

cymbaldiva

Color me crazy, but I really like the background music (theme tunes?) that play in / around ToT.

As part of my job I spend alot of time listening to music while I'm "on hold" on the phone. Every once in a while I hear the same style of music - takes me back to the Tower every single time!

Oh, and Aerosmith! Whenever I hear them, I'm back on RnRC! :sohappy:

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Let's see:

Tapestry of Nations

It's A Small World

We Go On

Fantasy in The Sky Fireworks (1997)

Reflections of Earth

Fantasmic

Carousel of Progress

If You Had Wings, presented by Eastern Airlines (for all you old-schoolers out there).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom