"That" Attraction

Worldlover71

I don't feel silly on any rides (proud Dumbo rider!) but I do sometimes feel a little silly taking pictures with the characters, especially face characters. All that fades though when I look back at the pictures.

Disney Drew

DW and I LOVE Turtle Talk with Crush......and we have no kids.....is that wrong? And yes, we do respond along with all the kids! :)

Mickey5150

I have no shame and will ride anything, but I do wonder what other people think of the older guy in a clamshell by himself, lol. So no one worries, the Muppets are actually an adult thing.

Surfin' Tuna

Tonight I found myself singing along on Nemo as the ride ended; I felt a bit silly for about two seconds. Then I just started singing again. That's one of the best parts about Disney is I think it's expected to a certain degree.

Does anyone feel silly doing the rides alone more than they do when with someone? Sometimes I still have some trouble with that, although I'm getting better. My kid was lucky enough to be embarrassed along with me tonight - I can't sing to save my life.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Original Poster
Tonight I found myself singing along on Nemo as the ride ended; I felt a bit silly for about two seconds. Then I just started singing again. That's one of the best parts about Disney is I think it's expected to a certain degree.

Does anyone feel silly doing the rides alone more than they do when with someone? Sometimes I still have some trouble with that, although I'm getting better. My kid was lucky enough to be embarrassed along with me tonight - I can't sing to save my life.
Don't worry, I sing on Splash Mt. Always feel akward after, though

Adam Snider

The reason I like Disney so much is no one judges you for those kind of things. Everyone feels like a kid again so it doesn't matter if you wear Mickey ears, Wait in line to trade pins next to all the kids or want to ride a "kid ride". Disney is a place we can all just be ourselves.
MK- I might have gotten glances for riding Pooh by myself
EPCOT- figment
HS- i didn't think Muppets was bad but it's been said a few times (my favorite)
AK- lion king

merry_nbright

Epcot - Universe of Energy
Magic Kingdom - Dumbo
Hollywood Studios - Used to be Honey I Shrunk the Kids
Animal Kingdom - Tough to be a Bug!

merry_nbright

The reason I like Disney so much is no one judges you for those kind of things. Everyone feels like a kid again so it doesn't matter if you wear Mickey ears, Wait in line to trade pins next to all the kids or want to ride a "kid ride". Disney is a place we can all just be ourselves.
MK- I might have gotten glances for riding Pooh by myself
EPCOT- figment
HS- i didn't think Muppets was bad but it's been said a few times (my favorite)
AK- lion king

SAME! Nothing is better than being called "Princess" by cast members, by the way.

danyoung56

You all have NO idea how silly a 17 yr. old looked riding in a Hunny Pot all by himself!

If you feel out of place on any Disney attraction, it's all about how YOU view the situation. If you look around, you'll find many people of your age/demographic that ride every ride. So as long as no CM tries to make me feel bad (something that's never happened!), I'm fine with riding any attraction.

Although, it's getting a bit tough to fit into and get out of the AstroJets!

a goofy username

i rode winnie the pooh at age 5, during my first visit to wdw, and cried and screamed my way through it, completely due to the AAs. it wasn't that winnie the pooh himself was scary - it was more that man-made robotic creations moving and making facial expressions was a horrifying existential nightmare to me. i saw fear in its most rudimentary form that day, folks.
now every time my family goes we ride it and i have a lot of fun reenacting that day, fake crying and all that, it's always a great time.
this story also applies to small world/pirates/most dark rides

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom