Trip Report That’s No Moon... ***Completed***

5A7E9A28-415F-462A-A10F-666C4DC17220.jpeg

With so many great TRs in progress right now I am *almost* hesitant to start another. Especially since mine will have so many similarities to others.

Like @Darstarr I got a new phone.

Like @Doc Disney I needed a break from difficult year in healthcare.

Like @k8einwdw well, you’ll see...

0D8A8B8C-BB80-4F62-B38E-746295798547.gif

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 2-March 8th continued:

On our way out DH reminded me to stop for my one and only souvenir for the trip. A replacement Wilderness Explorers baseball cap (I lost the original this past year).

Back at the hotel DH napped and I decided to go down to the quiet pool.

Up until recently I have appeared regular looking viewed from the front or back. It amuses DH when he gets a sudden profile view so sometimes I will declare “regular lady “ and then suddenly turn to the side and he cracks up.

Regular lady:
0F3A1E8E-C372-44A7-9107-32E0E5F84C95.jpeg

Boom:
3A8C84A5-61EF-4F59-8055-351118D91035.jpeg

The pool area was indeed quiet. I was excited to float about and figured that would give my legs and back a good rest.

The problem was- I couldn’t float. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️😂

I’m usually a great back floater but for the life of me I couldn’t float.

Nonetheless I still had a relaxing time in the pool.

DH came down to get me when he got up. We went back to the room so I could shower.

Our plan for the evening was DHS. I wasn’t able to get a park pass for it but since we (I) couldn’t do RotR or most of the other rides hopping would be good enough.

My evening attire:

737CC406-1BFC-4362-8BB7-292F9030A0F9.jpeg

This shirt only gets better over time.

Here’s an updated pic of it ~9 weeks later.

D03F4D71-BD6D-41FE-960C-8CEFAF0E7561.jpeg

And here’s proof that black is truly a slimming color- these last 2 photos were taken 2 days apart.

79D61C24-4A8C-4C93-A7C5-DC0A74F7593F.jpeg

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster

DH doesn’t have a lot of requests on WDW trips so I try to honor whatever requests he does have.

Since it was closed last trip DH wanted to head straight for Muppetvision 3D.

Well. We may have made a pit stop at Gonzo’s Royal Flush first...

C1B60F51-6F48-490D-9EBA-749FA22D97C5.jpeg

The CM letting us into the preshow area counted us as “Party of 2.... No excuse me- party of 3!”

It was so cute and touching. And probably one of the first time it felt real that we were a party of 3 from here on out.

62DFE77F-BC0C-43BE-A1B3-9F90F4005D0D.jpeg

DH thought MuppetVision was as good as he remembered from his youth.

Next up was a visit to Batuu. We waited in a short line to enter the marketplace area.

Sadly upon entering I discovered the SW popcorn stand wasn’t open.

ECC97872-CF41-48F5-9DBF-6730FFA1C5D7.gif

I really wanted some a lot of sweet/spicy mix. 😭😭

D33EB6DE-21DF-4FF2-AB54-51F7842CDDA7.jpeg

We walked around for bit and enjoyed a relatively uncrowded Batuu.

D38BCDDA-47AC-4673-A60C-0E8F2E4CF211.jpeg

And then meandered to the front of the park in search of food.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster

DH noted the various popcorn carts along the way but understood that normal popcorn wasn’t a good substitute for spicy -Trix space popcorn.*

78535928-7A51-4776-9781-7ECCBF3FB76A.jpeg

DH ended up stopping at Rosie’s All- American and I walked on to look for something else.

We met back up in the nearly empty seating area of Rosie’s. He had a gross foot long hotdog. I had a brownie ice cream sundae. It was no All-American sundae but it was a good vacation-preggo dinner. 😇

1A6C07FA-6820-4EBA-B566-0F0D89D7BE82.jpeg

On our way out of the park we stopped at one of the shops along Hollywood Boulevard. We were briefly held at the entrance for capacity and had a chat with the CM at the door.

He complimented my shirt and asked if there was any significance to it. I thought was a clever and classy way to handle what could be a delicate situation.

Didn’t find anything I liked in the shop though. (C’mon Disney- it would have been so easy to sell me tons of baby Yoda stuff for this kid...)

We left DHS but didn’t head back to the car. We hopped on the Skyliner and took it to CBR then Epcot.

FA4FD52D-16E0-43D4-A03F-165E40D973B1.jpeg

Then we had a nice night walk back to our car at DHS.

We were back at CSR by 9pm. Ended the day at 8.5 miles, 26,629 steps.

*I found a copy cat recipe for the Batuu popcorn that I am tempted to recreate. Still trying to figure out if the $20 in popcorn glaze is worth a potential fulfilling of this craving.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Catching up - I couldn't float on my back either on our trip in April at 24 weeks pregnant! It still felt good to take the weight off my back and feet for a while though!

Glad it’s not just me. 😂 I keep checking for our local pool to bring back open swim hours. My back could use the break even more now than in March.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 3-March 9th:

We got ready for the day and drove to the main building for breakfast at Cafe Rix. I got my iced coffee and a parfait.

FD07E879-E79B-46B7-9E38-497C74CB531D.gif

DH got his decaf and a banana (🤢). We ate in the rental car and then headed to MK. This was my first time arriving from the TTC!

It was a 9am opening and we were at the TTC parking gate area about 8am. Can’t remember when they let us through but we parked about 825am.

28843017-4D39-43DA-B34A-3325652C0BF3.jpeg

DH almost left his banana peel in the car but I made him go back and get it to throw away. I hate bananas. And I’m pretty sure I would have especially hated the smell of one baking in a car in the FL sun all day.

After our first bathroom stop of the day we had a choice to make. Monorail or ferry?

Easy choice. The ferry for a brand new experience.

E47D3A75-7A54-4677-A46A-A967F8F93505.jpeg

DFE6CA07-92EF-4EB1-9E91-6C9D55B2A010.jpeg

Breezed through security. (One of the security guys the previous day gave me a hot tip about walking thru the scanner with my sunglasses case open and held out in front of me. Worked like a charm.)

We made it here just minutes before official park open:

10E8483C-7738-4DDE-9DED-2F5A264FF68F.jpeg

The new castle colors look better in person but I still don’t love it. I still maintain if they had went with any two of the changes only it would look better. (Like just the dark blue and gold etc.) It just seems too busy now.

Zipadeelady

Day 3-March 9th:

We got ready for the day and drove to the main building for breakfast at Cafe Rix. I got my iced coffee and a parfait.

View attachment 561455

DH got his decaf and a banana (🤢). We ate in the rental car and then headed to MK. This was my first time arriving from the TTC!

It was a 9am opening and we were at the TTC parking gate area about 8am. Can’t remember when they let us through but we parked about 825am.

View attachment 561456

DH almost left his banana peel in the car but I made him go back and get it to throw away. I hate bananas. And I’m pretty sure I would have especially hated the smell of one baking in a car in the FL sun all day.

After our first bathroom stop of the day we had a choice to make. Monorail or ferry?

Easy choice. The ferry for a brand new experience.

View attachment 561459

View attachment 561457

Breezed through security. (One of the security guys the previous day gave me a hot tip about walking thru the scanner with my sunglasses case open and held out in front of me. Worked like a charm.)

We made it here just minutes before official park open:

View attachment 561460

The new castle colors look better in person but I still don’t love it. I still maintain if they had went with any two of the changes only it would look better. (Like just the dark blue and gold etc.) It just seems too busy now.

I'm reading your post eating a banana and laughing. Talk about perfect timing.

Surprised For Real GIF by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW | PBS

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Good call! 😜

Ditto about the banana peel. I love bananas, but I cannot stand the smell of the peel after the banana has been eaten. When we still had trash cans in the individual offices at work I would go throw my banana peel in a “public“ trash can in the hallway rather than the trash can in my office. And if I want to make banana bread, I’ve got to put them in the fridge once they are barely ripe so I don‘t smell them in the kitchen.

Mrs.JJP

I actually gagged just imagining the smell 🤢 Glad he went back for it
I agree with you! I like the blue and I like the pink... but not together. It's too much.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 3- March 9th continued:

We went left at the hub and headed for PotC.

In line DH wanted assurance that I could ride. I pulled up the official list of MK “no’s” which satisfied him.

He did instinctively throw his hand in front of me during the drop. 😂

DH: Did you know that was going to happen?!!

BES: 😇

We did HM next. I missed the stretching room. Again DH voiced his concern that it was too jerky. 😒 I assured him that many Disney lawyers had assessed such jerkiness.

DH was ready for a snack so we wandered around Fantasyland. Everything was either closed or a food DH wasn’t interested in.

Since we were close and the line was short we rode Dumbo- my favorite. The last couple trips I haven’t been able to ride it at night which is my absolute favorite.

CC37EAE8-7E9F-4227-8BEF-A4F4A9BDDD2E.jpeg

EE852999-3F02-4580-8379-4EA023161F13.jpeg

No viable snacks in sight we changed plans and decided to go straight to lunch. We placed mobile order for Pecos Bill’s and headed that way.

Can’t remember where this is from:

4A108542-C827-4EC4-813E-374FA68513BC.jpeg

Perhaps near the castle based on time stamps?

Lunch was good. I think we both got nachos. We realized this was probably the first time we had both eaten inside somewhere in about a year at that point. 😱

After lunch we meandered some more and ended up in Tomorrowland. I really wish the Peoplemover had been open but alas we had to settle for CoP. (It was a much welcomed rest after our trek across the park)

CBDED88E-F388-416D-9669-1CF754B7378C.jpeg

I feel you purple shirt lady. lol. It felt good to be back.

We ended up leaving MK about noon.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 3- March 9th continued:

Time for another Disney first- the walkway to GF.

B020FE45-734B-46B0-850B-80FF294FF28C.jpeg

Beautiful walk on a beautiful day. Made it to GF for a much needed break in the lobby.

9AC1C9B9-4111-4B95-A373-09B49EC3E286.jpeg

We spotted this but no characters:

3675B736-2729-4E49-8D86-21A2DA65373D.jpeg

We pressed on to Poly.

47D38633-13CE-462A-A67B-9678C9A1BAB0.jpeg

EAAF3EEC-99EF-407C-B71D-F4FE1CBFC05C.jpeg

Split a dole whip from the Pineapple Lanai.

A480EB04-4627-487F-B91E-37BB52441833.jpeg

Then we went inside to hunt for (decaf) coffee for DH. We were looking at signage to get to Captain Cooks but luckily A nice CM intervened and recommended a mobile order from Kona Cafe.

CFE51C9D-36BF-46DC-9DC1-C70A70A8D744.jpeg

After we (mostly DH) consumed the coffee we continued on our walk back to the TTC and the our banana-free car.

Back at CSR DH went for another nap and I went for a swim. I went to the feature pool to check it out and to do something a bit naughty.

I sat on the edge of the hot tub and stuck my feet in. It felt super nice.

I briefly considered getting a non-alcoholic frozen drink of some kind but it really wasn’t hot enough for it and the line at the bar was long.

F1892E47-CEBA-4814-8FB5-DC85EE1E0A46.jpeg

I went back to our Ranchos quiet pool and swam for a bit more before going back to the room to shower.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom