Trip Report That’s No Moon... ***Completed***

5A7E9A28-415F-462A-A10F-666C4DC17220.jpeg

With so many great TRs in progress right now I am *almost* hesitant to start another. Especially since mine will have so many similarities to others.

Like @Darstarr I got a new phone.

Like @Doc Disney I needed a break from difficult year in healthcare.

Like @k8einwdw well, you’ll see...

0D8A8B8C-BB80-4F62-B38E-746295798547.gif

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 1- March 7th continued:

Waiting near the gate I frantically searched on DH’s phone to try to fix my phone problem. It appeared either the SIM card was truly faulty or I messed something up turned the phone transition. Both seemed equally likely.

I carefully timed boarding with one final pee break and soon we were onboard.

Much to my dismay there were in fact people in the rows in front of and behind us. The teenager behind us was unmasked and his mom had hers below her nose. 😱😱😱

They corrected themselves when the Delta staff were around. 😐😒 I turned on all of our air-things full blast and tried not to think about it.

The flight was uneventful. I ended up watching the first four episodes of Arrested Development during the flight.

It’s one of my all-time favorites. So as much as I was trying to be distracted (especially when DH unmasked to eat his plane snacks) I couldn’t help but be reminded of two common themes in AD.

The importance of family:
96C1EB01-019E-47BB-B9FE-DC068E4DE9A7.gif

Mistakes:
01B06C94-533E-4002-A8F2-BB615618E1EC.gif

Which one was this trip going to embody?

krisri18

Excuse the unmade bed but this picture was taken exactly 1 month after that airport bump picture.

View attachment 545587

And the me of the past was so wrong to make fun of the compression socks. I started wearing them to work this week- game changer.
You look great! I wore the compression socks when I flew while 7mos pregnant. After 5 days at Disney and a full day of Epcot walking before our flight home, it took 3 people to get those suckers back on my swollen feet. But I was determined! Lol

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 1- March 7th continued:

The flight and deplaning were uneventful. The lady and son behind us were having some issues with something being double charged and it sounded like funds were tight. The lady was very upset about it and taking it out on the son. So in the end my contempt for them turned to pity.

We let the crowds go ahead of us and had a much needed pee stop. By the time we got to the luggage carousel it was uncrowded and our luggage was waiting.

It felt weird to not head to the DME area afterwards.

Instead it was a WDW trip first- picking up the rental car! We had to cross back to the other side of the airport.

The pickup process was easy. There was a line but we were able to bypass it and check in at a kiosk.

Our car:

BBD70790-1901-4E63-8851-63BEE833D3AC.jpeg

It was so tiny! 😍 Luckily DH and I aren’t very tall.

At some point during the trip DH inquired if we should explore downtown Orlando since we had a car. Eh, nope.

CBF8412E-74F3-40DB-BE84-027DDCC9D0A8.gif

We drove straight to Coronado Springs. I used the Disney WiFi to check room status on the app. No dice.

By this time it was maybe 1030am. Time for food. Maybe. Eating is hard (©️ @Darstarr )

We were apparently between breakfast and lunch hours. 🤦🏻‍♀️ We walked around the resort until we could finally order lunch at 11am.

First customers of the day at Siestas Cantina.

I had the grilled chicken sandwich. And DH had fish tacos. Both were tasty.

004EDC5A-6DA3-4317-991C-51E624315F0D.jpeg

Oh yes. At some point DH had picked up his first decaf coffee of the trip. Loved the cups. Last visit we just have generic ones.

Our room still wasn’t ready so we decided to continue our wait at Epcot.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 1-March 7th continued:

We drove to Epcot. It was my very first time driving to any Disney park. 😱

It was nice to have all of our luggage still in the car because I realized I needed change from my compression socks to normal ones.

We followed a sizable horde of people into the park. The temperature and security screenings were easy peasy.

Didn’t really take in the new entrance as much I would have liked but my quick first impression was that it was an improvement.

Headed to The Seas. The line for the ride was pretty far outside. I was still trying to feel out DH’s comfort level with crowds so instead of riding we went around and just checked out the aquariums.

It wasn’t too crowded there and it was peaceful. I think I could hang out in there all day.

We made our way to WS. The Rose Walk pathway was slammed. I was interested in a snack but it was too busy even get a good to look at the food booth offering.

Once actually in WS the crowds were better. (or at least more spread out)
The hunt for a snack continued. Partially it was me being picky. Partially it was DH being a bit oblivious.

BES: “What about here?”

DH: “Oh I’m good. I don’t need a snack.”

BES:
2590D524-0F54-42D7-8054-8EF7C0B8BB32.gif

Finally stopped at a booth near Morocco. I got the non-alcoholic Tropical Freeze. DH got the Tropical Mousse Cup. Both were refreshing.

EBA75A59-1C52-481B-AEA0-629DD0E425AF.jpeg

We made a stop in Morocco for a photo op but abandoned it due to a little kid being right next to our intended photo spot. 😉

Off to America where we had the new Jazz exhibit to ourselves.

DH was impressed with the instruments on display.

87CDA774-6C30-4D6C-AB1F-BD1EE8C0D5D8.jpeg

69D9E30B-5BAE-4D07-9D4A-A063FE396BA1.jpeg

(Non-Disney fact from DH: Mr. Parker’s instrument is listed as rare- apparently because he had a habit of selling off instruments to pay for other habits... 😬)

I was impressed with this from the American Heritage Gallery: (And also all of the incredible beadwork on display too)

5BCBAB14-03BA-4632-9316-7F30B3264EC6.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
What flavor was the Tropical freeze? Em and I were joking that it was whatever leftover juices they had...mango? Pineapple? Orange?
We might have stopped had the generic "tropical" label been more specific.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
What flavor was the Tropical freeze? Em and I were joking that it was whatever leftover juices they had...mango? Pineapple? Orange?
We might have stopped had the generic "tropical" label been more specific.

I think mango and pineapple but I don’t know what else. No banana for sure.

Now that you point is out it is a little suspect not to list what is in it... 🤔

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 1-March 7th continued:

Here starts the special Disney bathroom tour (sponsored by bébé BES). I can’t remember the exact local of this tile. Maybe the America bathrooms?

5609D432-20DB-49A2-949C-5B31F129E19F.jpeg

We meandered around WS some more and made our way back to FW.

I needed a rest near The Land. DH was anxious to check our room status. We sat and I checked. Finally success! Back to CSR we went.

Our room was in Ranchos 7B. (I think for most of trip I called it Rancheros😂) The building was easy to find. It took us a bit of wandering to find our room.

15D9FFB4-285A-4A24-965D-B7490B21A4C3.jpeg

Luckily it was only on the second floor. And it was overlooking the quiet pool.

DH was creeped out by our TV’s welcome message. 😒 And he settled in too fast for nice room pictures. 😐 (He’s still learning how to be a good Magician’s assistant.)

8666312F-23DE-4343-8BD6-257B02177D57.jpeg

We relaxed in the room for a bit and then made dinner plans. We mobile ordered carry out from Three Bridges.

Cool mosaics on our way to pick up dinner

DCE78572-0F59-4243-A14F-C3E8FE73C554.jpeg

70638FDD-9B29-4401-B93D-2BE31377AD49.jpeg

For us it was warm out so we ate outside. All week long this was “our table” and only one time was there another person even in the table area.

9DF3F226-A14E-49E1-87C3-A3B58ED61FA8.jpeg

I got the crispy chicken biscuit sliders w/o bleu cheese and a side of fruit. So good. But so could only eat one of my sliders.

E1B23CF8-C192-443D-96FF-E3D6DEB3F440.jpeg

DH had the Villa del Lago salad. We split some curry hummus. The crackers with the hummus were sooo good.

Back to the room with our leftovers.

Such a tall weird plant.

C9E541D4-A696-4F31-968F-587AF8A87E3E.jpeg

Our early start to the day was really catching up to us.

We stayed in the room and went to bed early.

Ended the day at 8.1 miles (25,218 steps)

Seemed like I should be tired enough for a good night’s sleep. 😴

Last edited:

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 2-March 8th:

Despite all the walking and long hours the day before I still didn’t sleep super soundly. That’s pretty been much par for the course for the last few months.

For some reason I ended up on the side of the bed closely to the bathroom wall so I had to side shimmy out to for my overnight bathroom trips. And those triggered the automatic fan sensor. 😬 Sorry DH!

We got up early by Disney standards but later for us. We partially got ready and walked to the main building for breakfast. We had El Mercado all to ourselves.

Ended up with so-so breakfast sandwiches. The bread part was just a hamburger bun. 😐 DH had a decaf coffee.

Cafe Rix had just reopened so I got an iced coffee.

We ate outside and then went back to the room for sunscreen and park clothes.

D4EAF3AE-BA08-4B38-ACAD-FFBE7BC91555.jpeg

081D091D-4EFD-445A-BEDD-098C59D38950.jpeg

Made use of my purchases at the last minute-purchased maternity shorts. (Had to fold down the bump panels during the trip but now they fit just fine. 😬)

Made it to AK shortly after park open and meandered to the right.

More bathroom tiles:

8339AFB9-7EA0-49A7-9C8C-EF49FD4FD425.jpeg

Next up was the Maharajah Jungle Trek.

Bats!

CD9C8576-949D-4657-AC94-C08D2DA333AB.jpeg

Ducks!

C63818C2-CE1B-4CCB-BE06-46FF995A7C64.jpeg

Gibbon and baby gibbon!

5A1433A7-D702-4FAD-AD05-D300C889C48D.jpeg

Time for second breakfast. We split an order of potstickers from some food cart in Asia.

(At this point in the TR I’m realizing that I didn’t take as many pictures as I thought I did. Sorry! 🤦🏻‍♀️😬)

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Day 2-March 8th:

Despite all the walking and long hours the day before I still didn’t sleep super soundly. That’s pretty been much par for the course for the last few months.

For some reason I ended up on the side of the bed closely to the bathroom wall so I had to side shimmy out to for my overnight bathroom trips. And those triggered the automatic fan sensor. 😬 Sorry DH!

We got up early by Disney standards but later for us. We partially got ready and walked to the main building for breakfast. We had El Mercado all to ourselves.

Ended up with so-so breakfast sandwiches. The bread part was just a hamburger bun. 😐 DH had a decaf coffee.

Cafe Rix had just reopened so I got an iced coffee.

We ate outside and then went back to the room for sunscreen and park clothes.

View attachment 551528

View attachment 551529

Made use of my purchases at the last minute-purchased maternity shorts. (Had to fold down the bump panels during the trip but now they fit just fine. 😬)

Made it to AK shortly after park open and meandered to the right.

More bathroom tiles:

View attachment 551713

Next up was the Maharajah Jungle Trek.

Bats!

View attachment 551714

Ducks!

View attachment 551715

Gibbon and baby gibbon!

View attachment 551716

Time for second breakfast. We split an order of potstickers from some food cart in Asia.

(At this point in the TR I’m realizing that I didn’t take as many pictures as I thought I did. Sorry! 🤦🏻‍♀️😬)
Love those potstickers!
The fries they sell there are also amazing (as french fries go😁)

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 2-March 8th continued:

As evidenced by all of my many solo vacations DH is very ok with me doing my own thing. These past few months he had been more protective. It’s pretty adorable.

I told him the next order of business was me petting a goat a Rafiki’s Planet Watch. (DH doesn’t care for goats or smelling farm animals but agreed to go in with me)

When he realized we had to ride the train there I got the first “Can you do this?” of the trip. I assured him yes. (Oh wait. The airport scanner was the official first. )

I had to reassure him again as the train started up and bumped along. 😂

Didn’t have my camera out in time but as the train bounced by we got to see the baby rhino run around backstage! 😍

I did in fact pet a goat. 😀

There was one particular goat that cracked me up. It managed to position itself just out of reach of the little kids and it was looking pretty smug.

But I took zero goat pictures. Only these. 🤷🏻‍♀️

056FF2F6-188A-477E-BAE5-5CC07C0B8199.jpeg

BE602641-F1B3-4F7D-B200-16C282DD0A74.jpeg

Looked at all of the buglies inside and then took the train back.

Time for lunch at “you know that place we ate at last time...” aka: Satu’li Canteen.

CAA4F474-DDAB-4418-8C5B-A78AFBE311C8.jpeg

We discussed our other ride options at AK. DH had no interest in the Navi boat ride and frankly I didn’t either unless it had been a walk-on.

I mentioned the other possibility was the Safari- although I was truthful that it wasn’t preggo-approved.

My case was that it was no more jostle-y than a lot of Michigan roads. DH was unswayed.

Instead we walked the Gorilla Falls trail and then made our way out of the park.

Up next: a surprise at the pool.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
I mentioned the other possibility was the Safari- although I was truthful that it wasn’t preggo-approved.

My case was that it was no more jostle-y than a lot of Michigan roads. DH was unswayed.
I honestly don’t know how pregnant women survive pot hole ridden Long Island if the Safari is off limits. And what about women who live on dirt roads or at the end of dirt roads?
Suspicious Channel 9 GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
I honestly don’t know how pregnant women survive pot hole ridden Long Island if the Safari is off limits. And what about women who live on dirt roads or at the end of dirt roads?
Suspicious Channel 9 GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

I mean is it the bumpiness or the risk of being trampled by a rhino? 🤷🏻‍♀️ It seems less dangerous than some other stuff that I did or could have ridden (like A.S.S.)

It’s been a weird couple months of trying to figure out what is truly unsafe vs an old wives tale.

DisNerd86

I mean is it the bumpiness or the risk of being trampled by a rhino? 🤷🏻‍♀️ It seems less dangerous than some other stuff that I did or could have ridden (like A.S.S.)

It’s been a weird couple months of trying to figure out what is truly unsafe vs an old wives tale.
I rode the Safari when I was 4 months pregnant with my first after discussing with my doctor. Nothing bad happened, thank goodness! I'm pregnant now with my second and am thinking about riding it when we go in June (I will be 6 months) - my biggest hesitation is really the judge-y stares I'm going to get from people. The first time around I was barely showing so no one would have probably noticed, but this time it's not gonna be a secret. (Also my mom is coming this time and will see the "No Expectant Mothers" sign and quash the plan entirely - moms are usually right I guess.)

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
::Lurker:: We did a land and sea trip when I was about 16 weeks pregnant with our first, and I swear the tram ride on Castaway Cay was more treacherous than the Safari! Never fear, neither had a negative impact, and our oldest is now approaching 7 years ;)

Welcome! Yeah some of those restrictions seem so arbitrary. Glad you and your LO got to experience both. Kudos to you for doing a cruise. I think would be too queasy even pre-pregnancy to try that. 😂

krause

I was 28 weeks one trip and did almost everything 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think it just depends on your own level of comfort. I did the safari, splash mountain, 7 dwarves, just skipped the “big” coasters. Also did gringotts at universal that trip because it had JUST opened and I was having thoughts that I’d never be able to do anything fun ever again after having my baby 😂. Only side effect was that my baby was breech, maybe too much spinning 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom