Testing of MGM stunt show?

CubbieMan

Original Poster
yeah I know how reliable everyone thinks Screamscape is...but they suggested that on site testing could begin in September or October of the new motor stunt show at MGM. I am not taking this as fact...but it still leaves me wondering(esp since I will be going to WDW in October) if anyone has heard of this..and would it be testing in front of guests..or just rehearsals on a closed set?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
more than likely rehearsals. I know they're still looking for drivers and a few of my friends have been in contact with Disney and other companies about this.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Testing/training/Development is already underway, and has been for quite a while offsite. So I would imagine that your suggestion of Sep or Oct for private onsite testing/training is very possible.

CubbieMan

Original Poster
Yeah I figured it was most likely rehearsals..thought it never hurt to ask..no bigbie...there is enough for me to look forward to..being I have not been to the mouses house in 5 years..:)

ToTBellHop

When are you going? I have heard this show may be ready to soft open as early as this upcoming Christmas season...which a September/October start of on-site rehearsals would support pretty well.

KevinPage

That would seem pretty fast IMHO. When I went a few weeks ago, the foundation wasn't even poured in yet. Not to mention the sets needed on top of that. If so, gthis will be one huge transformation to that area of the park in such a short amount of time (in a good way of course)

CubbieMan

Original Poster
ISTCNavigator57 said:
When are you going? I have heard this show may be ready to soft open as early as this upcoming Christmas season...which a September/October start of on-site rehearsals would support pretty well.

Mid October..thus I would be rather surprised if it was ready for a soft-opening by then

ToTBellHop

KevinPage said:
That would seem pretty fast IMHO. When I went a few weeks ago, the foundation wasn't even poured in yet. Not to mention the sets needed on top of that. If so, gthis will be one huge transformation to that area of the park in such a short amount of time (in a good way of course)
huh? Foundation not poured? Where were you looking? When I went last month, the stadium was complete, all sets themed, and the huge Jumbotron style tv was in place...unless there was a giant explosion, I'm pretty sure they still are...

StevenT

I'd say they could do early testing in October. From the new construction photos on WDWmagic I'd say it's looking pretty good.

KevinPage

ISTCNavigator57 said:
huh? Foundation not poured? Where were you looking? When I went last month, the stadium was complete, all sets themed, and the huge Jumbotron style tv was in place...unless there was a giant explosion, I'm pretty sure they still are...

My powers of observation must have failed me yet again :lol: If you look in the recent photos I submitted to Steve, I stood in front of the new bathrooms and looked over the wall to the LEFT, all construction and no cement, just dirt. I never bothered to look elsewhere, apparently. :brick:

imagineersrock

I'm assuming some form of on-site testing is already in progress. I saw several of the stunt show vehicles twice on-site at the studios last week.

first time I saw them was one morning as they were leaving mgm via the backstage entrance on buena vista drive [they were on the back of a truck]

I then saw them again this past thursday afternoon. same cars, on the same truck.. however this time they were parked alongside the BLT tram route.

unfortunantly I didnt have a camera ready either time, :brick: -but managed to snag this photo while on the BLT:

http://img39.photobucket.com/albums/v121/cowzilla11/random/motorstuntshowcars.jpg

hope this is of some help! :wave:

MagicKingdomGuy

If anyone knows....

Do you know what kind of modifications were made to the vehicles...if my memory serves me right the cars have been here (Orlando) for several months. What were they doing here all that time?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
MagicKingdomGuy said:
If anyone knows....

Do you know what kind of modifications were made to the vehicles...if my memory serves me right the cars have been here (Orlando) for several months. What were they doing here all that time?

I guess all the stock garbage was ripped out.. then I am assuming Roll cages... and other safety stuff were installed.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
DMC-12 said:
I guess all the stock garbage was ripped out.. then I am assuming Roll cages... and other safety stuff were installed.
Yup and they also stuck in much more powerful powerplants, along with special effects (bullet effects etc)

DarkMeasures

ISTCNavigator57 said:

Well I was there last week and it all slploded..... Well actually it looked nearly complete. It just makes me confused that the Bleachers are on the other side of the arena and right next to CC.

Can't wait to see this show, looks great. The only possible way for a better Stunt Show looks like if Disney were to build a Kill Bill Stunt Show.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I still don't understand the reasoning behind importing the Opels to the US for the show... if they needed smallish cars from the GM lineup, why not something USDM like the Aveo?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom