Test Track VS World of Motion

What's your favorite?

• World of Motion

Votes: 105 56.1%
  • Test Track

Votes: 82 43.9%

• Total voters

LoriMistress

I never had a chance to ride WoM, though I've seen videos of the ride from YouTube. But unfortunately, I would vote for TT. It's not the greatest ride in Epcot. My favorite is M:S.

GenerationX

... I feel the imagineers were somewhat stuck in a rut as far as presentation goes. All of Future World's original attractions were essentially omnimover dark rides through the history of (insert pavilion theme here).

Individually they were all very well done, with tons of detail and groundbreaking special effects, but taken as a whole I easily understand why guests felt something was missing at EPCOT, and I see why some kind of thrilling attraction was needed.
I'll quibble with "groundbreaking" (as I would go with "less than dazzling"), but overall I agree with your assessment. Of the big 3 dull but well done omnimover attractions, WoM was easily the dullest. While Test Track is not the greatest attraction in Epcot (that honor goes to Soarin' without question), it's a fun ride with a really cool queue.

I suspect that the current 50/50 split in the poll does not even come close to representing what the results would be for average guests.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I'll quibble with "groundbreaking" (as I would go with "less than dazzling"), but overall I agree with your assessment. Of the big 3 dull but well done omnimover attractions, WoM was easily the dullest. While Test Track is not the greatest attraction in Epcot (that honor goes to Soarin' without question), it's a fun ride with a really cool queue.

I suspect that the current 50/50 split in the poll does not even come close to representing what the results would be for average guests.

I do think there is one thing that EPCOT Center had going against it when it opened...there was so many omnimover style attractions, in a day of riding them all in a row, they could have kinda blended together.

So you can have lots of brilliant attractions in their own right, but sometimes it might have been difficult to separate them mentally.

WoM was a bit like SSE but it was more humorous than serious.

wolf359

I'll quibble with "groundbreaking" (as I would go with "less than dazzling"), but overall I agree with your assessment.

I think in 1982 they were pretty special. I think the march of time has made many of them seem less so, but even today I think it's pretty amazing how Spaceship Earth manages to get us up into a sphere, or the way Universe of Energy's theaters turn into huge ride cars...

I think the current split would be completely different just if you added the requirement that you have actually ridden both attractions in order to vote.

googilycub

Where in the world are you people living that your car never reaches a top speed of 65 mph in daily use? I've been driving for close to 20 years and I can probably count on my fingers the number of days since then where I never exceeded 65 mph in a car.

I get over 65 mph daily on my drive to work, it never feels the same as a ride on test track. There is quite the difference from crusing along at 80 mph in a car that is made to make it feel as though you are NOT moving, and 65 mph in a car that is trying to HIGHLIGHT that speed.

flavious27

I think in 1982 they were pretty special. I think the march of time has made many of them seem less so, but even today I think it's pretty amazing how Spaceship Earth manages to get us up into a sphere, or the way Universe of Energy's theaters turn into huge ride cars...

I think the current split would be completely different just if you added the requirement that you have actually ridden both attractions in order to vote.

I have ridden both and well TT is better. AS someone said, there were alot of omni rides opened. It is an effective ride system but the use of so many in the same park is just lazy.

montyz81

I wish they could somehow have made a hybrid of both, start with a history of the automobile section of WOM, then instead of the speed tunnels, take a trip on the outer ring like Test Track has now, then come back inside and see the futuristic scenes of WOM...
I posted this exact thing earlier in this thread and in another thread. Now that someone else has suggested it, I know it is a good idea. Who is up for the new ride called "World of Motion on a Test Trac" ?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I posted this exact thing earlier in this thread and in another thread. Now that someone else has suggested it, I know it is a good idea. Who is up for the new ride called "World of Motion on a Test Trac" ?

It's the best of both worlds and makes sense...maybe an RCT3 version or something can be made to start with...I haven't played with RCT3 for a while :)

dlrwdw98

I remember riding WoM, and it wasn't that special, to be honest. It felt like Spaceship Earth with a transportation theme and relied too much on screens. I liked it, but Test Track is better.

JasonP

I miss WoM a lot, as I grew up going to Disney and riding those slow moving rides like SSE, WoM, Horizons, etc. If I wanted thrill rides I'd go to Six Flags but.. That being said, I miss the original TT. TT 2.0 is a huge step down from WoM and TT 2..

FigmentForver96

This thread is back? I guess that means I can place my opinion then. WOM of motion was classic Epcot Center. Probably not as talked about as Imagination or Horizons but it was great. Test Track, as fun as it may be, was sorry excuse of trying to throw in a thrill ride. The ride was ok other than nothing about Test Track said future. It was a dirty cluttered warehouse. The 2012 closure helped some but it only could do so much.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes

This video, uploaded only yesterday, really shows how much detail WoM had. I never got to experience it, so my vote goes to Test Track, but I wouldn't mind seeing TT go for a WoM revival.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom