Test Track Responses

Kenan

Original Poster
hey everyone,
listen, im going back to work at the track pretty soon, and i want to go back with some feedback in order to make the experience and quality better than it already is. i want to hear your dissatisfactions and how to make it better. if you had any problems with the ride itself or the car. did something go wrong, and if it did how was it handled? any little thing. i like to call this guest response, because very rarely is it heard around the track. it would be greatly appreciated. all responses are welcome, and i will try my best to get them accomplished.

LivinLarge

I just got off of working on Test Track (on to Alien Encounter).

Be careful of car #7, it's a doozy, and when it breaks down, always keep a friendly smile. What position do you work?

Kenan

Original Poster
Originally posted by LivinLarge
I just got off of working on Test Track (on to Alien Encounter).

Be careful of car #7, it's a doozy, and when it breaks down, always keep a friendly smile. What position do you work?

Ive been at Test Track since January. I know about all the cars, lol. I work the attraction, though would like to be trained at merchandise, too.

Tramp

The loading is too slow and/or too inefficient.

In addition to the ride-closing breakdowns, the constant interruption during the ride due to bogged down loading ruins the experience. People should ask to ride again if the ride is interrupted more than once.

(It would have been much more efficient if the cars were fed from two sides similar to the AK's dinosaur ride...if loading is slow on one side, the other side can continually feed the system. As it stands now, you can load 6 cars at once, but nobody moves unless the lead car moves. Another way to speed things up is to have riders exit the vehicle BEFORE the car arrives at the loading area, similar to Space Mountain. Too late, I'm afraid, for these alterations. ) :wave:

Moustronaut

Originally posted by Tramp
The loading is too slow and/or too inefficient. (It would have been much more efficient if the cars were fed from two sides

Well that's what you get when you put a new ride into an existing building

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Kenan
i want to hear your dissatisfactions and how to make it better. if you had any problems with the ride itself or the car. did something go wrong, and if it did how was it handled? any little thing.
You mean to say that this ride experiences problems :hammer:

MrPromey

In addition to the ride-closing breakdowns, the constant interruption during the ride due to bogged down loading ruins the experience. People should ask to ride again if the ride is interrupted more than once.

(It would have been much more efficient if the cars were fed from two sides similar to the AK's dinosaur ride...if loading is slow on one side, the other side can continually feed the system. As it stands now, you can load 6 cars at once, but nobody moves unless the lead car moves. Another way to speed things up is to have riders exit the vehicle BEFORE the car arrives at the loading area, similar to Space Mountain. Too late, I'm afraid, for these alterations. ) :wave:

I don't know about it being too late but I'm not exactly sure how eager Disney would be to shut it down for a few months while they resolved it...

There seems to be plenty of space in a horizontal sense for them to expand it into two tracks for loading and unloading. They would have to move things around but the base level area with loading and the briefing rooms for this ride are not exactly one of the more efficient uses of space that I've seen. If they reworked the positioning of those briefing rooms, I don't think it would be a problem at all. In fact, if they still kept it to six cars loading and unloading, they would have more than the needed space to separate and merge the two tracks into one before and after the loading/unloading process.

I'm sure that it would be a lot more complicated than I'm making it sound (software would have to be reprogrammed, platforms would have to be built to allow people to get to the second lane and so on but if capacity were enough of an issue, it would be worth dealing with... Then again, with MS opening, they may eliminate a fair amount of the wait time for TT with that alone. Look at what happened when the put RnR next to ToT. :)

BigAL

Test Track

The cars for test track continue to get more and more jerky each year. It also seems to me they have slowed down during the hill and curve section. In addition the crashing car demonstration does not work anymore.

Hochmania

Is it just me, or was your second statement a contradiction of your first? :hammer: I mean, if you let folks who have been "interrupted" that slows the line down even more and makes its efficiency worse! :veryconfu

MrPromey

Originally posted by Hochmania
Is it just me, or was your second statement a contradiction of your first? :hammer: I mean, if you let folks who have been "interrupted" that slows the line down even more and makes its efficiency worse! :veryconfu

Nope, in the first comment he is talking about the time it takes to load and unload a car - part of the problem with that is that they are using the same platform to do both...

In the second comment, he is saying that people who don't get a proper ride experience do to a problem with the ride caused by things like the backups that happen as a result of the delays in the load/unload area should get to ride it again to make up for things like... having their high speed loop cut short. :)

JoeZerboy

Originally posted by Kenan
hey everyone,
listen, im going back to work at the track pretty soon, and i want to go back with some feedback in order to make the experience and quality better than it already is. i want to hear your dissatisfactions and how to make it better. if you had any problems with the ride itself or the car. did something go wrong, and if it did how was it handled? any little thing. i like to call this guest response, because very rarely is it heard around the track. it would be greatly appreciated. all responses are welcome, and i will try my best to get them accomplished.

The one thing that sticks out in my mind from my ride experience so far on TT is that the back seat doesn't have enough leg room for taller people. I stand between 5'10" and 6'1", and my knees were jammed up against the back of the front row. Having the CMs at Load do a quick estimate and seat the taller people up front might be a feasible answer.

rjew

Re: Re: Test Track Responses

Originally posted by JoeZerboy
The one thing that sticks out in my mind from my ride experience so far on TT is that the back seat doesn't have enough leg room for taller people. I stand between 5'10" and 6'1", and my knees were jammed up against the back of the front row. Having the CMs at Load do a quick estimate and seat the taller people up front might be a feasible answer.

As someone's who's 6'6", this would be most appreciated. I think most taller guests would even be willing to let someone go ahead of them to gain the added comfort - or even to fit at all. I know I would!!

Thanks

Moustronaut

Re: Test Track

Originally posted by BigAL
In addition the crashing car demonstration does not work anymore.

Which crashing car demo? rode it many many times in october and everything appeared to be running fine as ever

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom