Test Track layout...

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Re: Motion

Originally posted by spagmoid
The building is a big empty warehouse. It was chock full when it contained the best ride in Epcot :(

In other words, the Test Track building seems like an empty warehouse compared to when it housed World of Motion.

JonnyK

Re: Re: Motion

Originally posted by Disneyowner182

i loved that ride it was the bomb it was so cool.it should comeback:cry: :cry:

Yea It should, But They Could.. Rebuild a new one somewhere near it, I know theres not enough land to build one but it was fun. But Test Track is kinda fun but Short.

AliciaLuvzDizne

Im really kicking myself here

I dont think i recall WOM... it kinda sounds like a familiar name but is it possible that i was still kinda little when they closed it?? :veryconfu
maybe someone could kinda describe it to me (or if someone has a vid of it that would be awesome too)

~i cant believe i dont remember it im so ashamed (and i call myself a disney fan!!) lol ~

Hurricane

WOM was only the best ride at all of Disney, first you went outside of the building and up a spiral ramp in your ride vehicle,which was a great place to watch illuminiations from if you timed it right, then you went thru a rock formation inside the building that had all these light up foot prints, next you went thru the history of movement from the pharrohs, to ships, to the first automobiles, all done in really funny and cool anamatronic scenes with the coolest background song ever (its fun to be free, you can get this from audiogalaxy, assuming it returns to its former state) And when the ride was over you came out and got to see all the new cool GM concepts and production cars (ok so there really aren't that many cool GM production cars in the 80's and 90's but it was the thought of seeing a car at disney world)

The thing about testtrack that most people don't realize is that its pretty full on the ground floor because of all the GM corporate garbage showing their cars etc etc

cloudboy

It was a dark ride, of which there are are now so few of at Disney. They had the speed rooms where your car went through several wraparound screens, and the song "it's fun to be free!" Towrads the end, you wne past this model city of the future, that was actually a special effect done with lights and stuff. It was my favorite thing, and now it is gone...

Hey, does anyone have any pictures of that city?

s25843

Originally posted by cloudboy
It was a dark ride, of which there are are now so few of at Disney. They had the speed rooms where your car went through several wraparound screens, and the song "it's fun to be free!" Towrads the end, you wne past this model city of the future, that was actually a special effect done with lights and stuff. It was my favorite thing, and now it is gone...

Hey, does anyone have any pictures of that city?

isnt it a tad late to be answering that question?:lol:

cloudboy

Hey, I just found the thread, and I didn't pay any attention to the dtae. Geesh!

Maybe the person who posted it got caught in a time wap somehow and is suddenly reading it a few years later. I know maybe they just happen to be on a really, really, REALLY long Disney trip! : )

TTA Traveler

Originally posted by MeTa
One of the best things about test track is the end when you get to mess with all the cool GM models.

I agree, how many chances do you get to sit in the drivers seat of an H2? haha. plus the GM representatives there are awesome, talk to them!

MeTa

Originally posted by TTA Traveler
I agree, how many chances do you get to sit in the drivers seat of an H2? haha. plus the GM representatives there are awesome, talk to them!

Amen to that!

enough

Originally posted by MeTa
One of the best things about test track is the end when you get to mess with all the cool GM models.

that was part of WOM also, the ride dumped you out into a preview center for GM.

boy do i miss WOM.

Testtrack321

I liked WoM and I like Test Track. It's a great ride. But it was hardly a 'classic' Disney attraction like Haunted Mansion or Pirates. Plus, GM wanted a new ride, so why would you say no to people who are giving you money? In another 20ish years, Test Track will be gone, and another huge ride will be built, brand new. I just think that if some Audioanamatronics were added as staff that would add to the experence.

flyersmv

for all the ppl that think TT is a bad ride or wut ever obviously ur wrong.....the wait time is around 1anf a half -3 hours and fast passes run out everytime so they made the best decision they ever could have making TT it attracts crowds which is what they want it to do

enough

What's with all the bad spelling and grammar?

I'd attribute the long wait times at TT to the fact that there's no alternative "fast" ride at epcot (excluding MS due to the vomit factor).

I'd take WOM over TT any day.

raven

By the way, there is part of a wall in Test Track that still contains part of a mural from World of Motion on it. As you come down the hill on goig over the rough road blocks, there is a curtain on your left side covering it up. Just don't think you can hop out of your vehicle to see it though. :animwink:

This was told to me by a very good Test Track CM friend of mine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom