Test track closed for the summer?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Is the assumption that TBA (and possibly Country Bears) will open on (or just before) June 17 to help shift some of the demand to MK??

Chef Mickey

Ya
What does undercover tourist know. Certainly not as much as you.
Those of you that think summer is not busy, I don't know what you are thinking.
Also I never said summer was the busiest.....so I'm not sure why you are restating that I did......
Re-read what I said.

Chef Mickey

Nope still one of my fav rides ever and much more fitting of Epcot than the dated parking lot before
It's awful compared to the original Test Track, which actually made sense and had a thematic vibe which reflected the essence of EPCOT. Now, it's more of a sales experience for GM.

It's also constantly broken and I don't think I've ever seen it 100% working.

Centauri Space Station

It's awful compared to the original Test Track, which actually made sense and had a thematic vibe which reflected the essence of EPCOT. Now, it's more of a sales experience for GM.

The original felt like a mechanical shop with garage doors, old rode signs, and traffic cones everywhere. The old ride had plenty not work at times, the screens of Bill talking, the car crashing in the wall, the barrier test not always opening. The current works way more than that ever did.

Chef Mickey

The original felt like a mechanical shop with garage doors, old rode signs, and traffic cones everywhere. The old ride had plenty not work at times, the screens of Bill talking, the car crashing in the wall, the barrier test not always opening. The current works way more than that ever did.
I don't have stats, but I disagree. Perhaps @marni1971 knows more about it.

The old ride did break, but the new ride hardly ever has the on board screen working, the car you took forever to build in pre-show doesn't even show up in the car, and sometimes riders completely fail to see what the "design" even did because the screens throughout the attraction don't work. The sequencing and timing also seems have have constant issues and it's unclear what just happened.

I'm reasonably sure Disney cares less than ever about Test Track and more effects are broken more of the time now than ever.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The original felt like a mechanical shop with garage doors, old rode signs, and traffic cones everywhere.

Wait... so it was themed to a... GM vehicle testing location?

There were rarely effects broken when we rode. And we rode it plenty of times during its lifetime, including 10 of the 12 months of the year. I'm sure we were just lucky and they fixed things just before we got there every time.

plutofan15

The original Test Track? Or World of Motion? Which are you referring to? Because the original Test Track could be considered “a sales experience for GM” as you put it. And, in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with that since GM is ponying up the $$$.

MickeyLuv'r

How do define an opinion.....such as busy.
You can't.......
It really did not require a response.

As per Google.......dozens of websites reaffirm my opinion as July August being one of the busiest times at WDW.

This is an odd move....no matter your opinion of busy. As in the past wdw would wait until fall to drop a major ride.

So, back to my original post. Anyone know why or if guardians is dropping the virtual garbage?
Summer is not WDW's busy season. I define it - to some extent - using WDW's own pricing seasons.

August is the least expensive time of year to visit WDW. Here are some AKL Monday night rates for a standard view room:
Easter - peak = $708/night
What WDW calls "regular" season (for example 4/6-4/23): $580
Memorial Day: $680
"Summer" (5/27-7/4): $558
"Summer 2" (7/7-8/15): $539
"Value 2" (8/16-8/29, 9/2-9/12): $496

Much of summer (August and September) is specifically called VALUE season, which is Disneyspeak for the lowest price offered all year. (Technically, the January value season was $9 less/night than August.)

In addition to the already relatively low summer prices, starting tomorrow WDW will release a Free Dining promotion that covers all of July and 9/1-9/7 (Disney Visa). This is Disney's third attempt at offering free dining promo for this summer: onsite guests have been offered Bounceback promos, and WDW offered a free dining promo earlier this year that covered most of this upcoming summer. Odds are high they will also release a summer AP rate.

Additionally, WDW discounts the price of park tickets in the summer.
This week- not peak pricing- a 7 day base adult (per UT website) costs:$752
June 18: $685
July 16: $690
August 19: $553
Dec 10: $743
Dec 24: $805

The highest summer tickets are the two weeks around July4: 6/25=$743, 7/2: $749, then 7/7 the price goes down to $707.

Many people this summer will be buying the Magic 4-day discounted ticket though instead of a full week at WDW.

If you read anything WDW related, then you already know WDW's summer temps are often described as "hotter than the sun, " and "expect to be dripping in sweat." People get scared off by statements like that.

Disstevefan1

Summer is not WDW's busy season.
I have to agree. Summer has evolved into a less busy time.

Folks have had it with waiting in lines in the sweltering heat.

There are a lot of factors; no matter what Disney says, the parks are very crowded, it’s hotter, all queues are generally longer, both lighting lanes and standbys.

Andrew25

Summer is not WDW's busy season. I define it - to some extent - using WDW's own pricing seasons.

August is the least expensive time of year to visit WDW. Here are some AKL Monday night rates for a standard view room:
Easter - peak = $708/night
What WDW calls "regular" season (for example 4/6-4/23): $580
Memorial Day: $680
"Summer" (5/27-7/4): $558
"Summer 2" (7/7-8/15): $539
"Value 2" (8/16-8/29, 9/2-9/12): $496

Much of summer (August and September) is specifically called VALUE season, which is Disneyspeak for the lowest price offered all year. (Technically, the January value season was $9 less/night than August.)

In addition to the already relatively low summer prices, starting tomorrow WDW will release a Free Dining promotion that covers all of July and 9/1-9/7 (Disney Visa). This is Disney's third attempt at offering free dining promo for this summer: onsite guests have been offered Bounceback promos, and WDW offered a free dining promo earlier this year that covered most of this upcoming summer. Odds are high they will also release a summer AP rate.

Additionally, WDW discounts the price of park tickets in the summer.
This week- not peak pricing- a 7 day base adult (per UT website) costs:$752
June 18: $685
July 16: $690
August 19: $553
Dec 10: $743
Dec 24: $805

The highest summer tickets are the two weeks around July4: 6/25=$743, 7/2: $749, then 7/7 the price goes down to $707.

Many people this summer will be buying the Magic 4-day discounted ticket though instead of a full week at WDW.

If you read anything WDW related, then you already know WDW's summer temps are often described as "hotter than the sun, " and "expect to be dripping in sweat." People get scared off by statements like that.
I'd have to imagine someone at TDO is screaming at Imagineering to figure out some sort of plan for an increased number of indoor experiences soon along with general improvements.

I fully expect both Uni & Dis to start investing into guest comfort "activations" to help reduce some of the pains of going to the park in the summertime. Small things like covered walkways to and from the parking lots will be a big help along with additional indoor/shaded seating.

Rich T

This reminds me to get a few more rides in before it closes. I’m gonna miss that laughably awful braking section at the end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom