Test track closed for the summer?

Chef Mickey

So yeah, not nuts busy? That would be Xmas, Thanksgiving, select times in Summer like 4th of July.

Not sure what you're calling "nuts" busy but Disney is pretty crowded in general.

Just typing something into Google and getting a search result you think agrees with your premise isn't always the most rigorous approach, btw. It literally just finds a blurb from one site and it's very ambiguous in defining "busy" as you were as well.

Like anything, too many variables. We haven't even defined what "nuts busy" is but the general "Summer" certainly isn't nuts in comparison to the most crowded days at WDW.

NickMaio

Original Poster
Summer is not the busiest time of year at WDW and absolutely not the busiest time of year at Epcot. This will be an extensive refurbishment requiring an extended downtime. No matter when they chose to close the attraction it would have been closed for a summer due to the length of the closure.
I never said it was the busiest time......

NickMaio

Original Poster
So yeah, not nuts busy? That would be Xmas, Thanksgiving, select times in Summer like 4th of July.

Not sure what you're calling "nuts" busy but Disney is pretty crowded in general.

Just typing something into Google and getting a search result you think agrees with your premise isn't always the most rigorous approach, btw. It literally just finds a blurb from one site and it's very ambiguous in defining "busy" as you were as well.

Like anything, too many variables. We haven't even defined what "nuts busy" is but the general "Summer" certainly isn't nuts in comparison to the most crowded days at WDW.
Ya
What does undercover tourist know. Certainly not as much as you.
Those of you that think summer is not busy, I don't know what you are thinking.
Also I never said summer was the busiest.....so I'm not sure why you are restating that I did......

peter11435

I never said it was the busiest time......
I didn’t say you did. But you implied that it was too busy for them to close a major attraction. I pointed out that there are other busier periods, therefore summer would not be the time they would be scheduling around. You also ignored the rest of my post that was more important and relevant.

NickMaio

Original Poster
I didn’t say you did. But you implied that it was too busy for them to close a major attraction. I pointed out that there are other busier periods, therefore summer would not be the time they would be scheduling around. You also ignored the rest of my post that was more important and relevant.
How do define an opinion.....such as busy.
You can't.......
It really did not require a response.

As per Google.......dozens of websites reaffirm my opinion as July August being one of the busiest times at WDW.

This is an odd move....no matter your opinion of busy. As in the past wdw would wait until fall to drop a major ride.

So, back to my original post. Anyone know why or if guardians is dropping the virtual garbage?

Last edited:

peter11435

You can't.......

As per Google.......dozens of websites reaffirm my opinion as July August being one of the busiest times at WDW.

This is an odd move....no matter your opinion of busy. As in the past wdw would wait until spring to drop a major ride.

So, back to my original post. Anyone know why or if guardians is dropping the virtual garbage?
Busy is not an opinion. It’s an objective measurement that has very clear and established metrics to measure.

Summer is busy. There are other periods that are objectively busier that would be more crucial to avoid than summer.

Epcot itself has unique crowd patterns even for WDW that make other periods significantly more important and busier than summer.

Earlier you said they would wait until fall and now you’re saying spring

And again, you are ignoring the detail about how long this closure will require. It doesn’t matter when they chose to close Test Track. It would still end up being closed during the summer.

Le Twins Day

In the Parks
No
You can't.......

This is an odd move....no matter your opinion of busy. As in the past wdw would wait until spring to drop a major ride.

July & August is very busy as for those of us from UK & Europe its main school summer holidays

NickMaio

Original Poster
Busy is not an opinion. It’s an objective measurement that has very clear and established metrics to measure.

Summer is busy. There are other periods that are objectively busier that would be more crucial to avoid than summer.

Epcot itself has unique crowd patterns even for WDW that make other periods significantly more important and busier than summer.

And again, you are ignoring the detail about how long this closure will require. It doesn’t matter when they chose to close Test Track. It would still end up being closed during the summer.
Spring was a typo.
It is an opinion and a metric.

My busy can be very different from your busy.
Using a metric to justify such opinion.

NickMaio

Original Poster

I'm not ignoring anything...
I'm talking about when a ride first closes.
Not it's duration.

Look at splash as an example. When did it close?

peter11435

Spring was a typo.
It is an opinion and a metric.

My busy can be very different from your busy.
Using a metric to justify such opinion.
Nobody is saying it’s not busy. It’s just nowhere near the busiest. No metric can be used to change that fact. By your logic they should never close anything because there are busy days all throughout the year and every day is considered busy to someone.

If your opinion can be proven false with objective evidence then it was not an opinion but rather an incorrectly believed fact.

peter11435

I'm not ignoring anything...
I'm talking about when a ride first closes.
Not it's duration.

Look at splash as an example. When did it close?
There are many variables that decide when an attraction closes. How long it will be closed and what periods that time will impact is just as if not more important than when it starts.

Splash closed in mid winter at WDW and just before summer at DL.

NickMaio

Original Poster
Nobody is saying it’s not busy. It’s just nowhere near the busiest. No metric can be used to change that fact. By your logic they should never close anything because there are busy days all throughout the year and every day is considered busy to someone.

If your opinion can be proven false with objective evidence then it was not an opinion but rather an incorrectly believed fact.
You might want to look up opinion again......

You have some great opinions.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The salient point is that whole the other parks may be busy (however you subjectively define that) Epoct is at one of its lower utilization periods June and July.

NickMaio

Original Poster
The salient point is that whole the other parks may be busy (however you subjectively define that) Epoct is at one of its lower utilization periods June and July.
July to Sept is food and wine, I always thought Epcot was rather busy because of this, especially on weekends.

osian

the effects of closing Test Track are far overstated. Its capacity is incredibly low for an E-ticket.

It’s really not that big of a deal.

Well, Tom Bricker has a different opinion. But it's only opinions, isn't it?

"One thing we’ve observed time and time again is that when Test Track is down, the other rides in the former Future World have longer waits. This is true even of Journey into Imagination, which goes from being underutilized capacity (e.g. is often a walk-on) to having a measurable wait time without Test Track."

Brayden also says much the same thing and that capacity will be hurt, Disney will want to get this up and running asap, in his latest video.

Last edited:

MagicRat

Test Track has gotten rougher and rougher over the years. It was evident they were getting ready for a major renovation because it wasn’t getting any love. When the ride shuts down while on it, you literally feel the heavy breaking of an automobile collision. My family and I will be there in 5 days and I would be fine with it closing then to start the renovation and it is one of my favorite rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom