Test track closed for the summer?

NelleBelle

When should they do it? Summers tend t be less busy than other times of the year, especially the last few years. Regardless of when it closes, I expect it’ll impact someone’s vacation. We could also complain that SAB is closing for at least 6mo next year. I’m sure if I gave it a minute I could come up with more closure and rehabs but Im Sure someone else will chime in. M quite happy they are going to retheme it!

nickys

Premium Member

I personally think this is nuts for WDW to close a headliner just before the busy summer.

Anyone know why?
Will guardians still have its ridiculous boarding groups?
Maybe you haven’t heard that it’s being completely redone?

NickMaio

Original Poster
Maybe you haven’t heard that it’s being completely redone?

Yes I heard.....
Summer is nuts busy there. Usually the big rides go into reimagine in the fall.

Just curious if anyone knows some inside info
Or if guardians will go into a normal que.

NickMaio

Original Poster
When should they do it? Summers tend t be less busy than other times of the year, especially the last few years. Regardless of when it closes, I expect it’ll impact someone’s vacation. We could also complain that SAB is closing for at least 6mo next year. I’m sure if I gave it a minute I could come up with more closure and rehabs but Im Sure someone else will chime in. M quite happy they are going to retheme it!
They should do it in the fall. Sept....when most e-tickets go down.

osian

You think the refurb is going to take around 9 months or less so that it doesn't extend into summer 2025 if it starts in September 2024? But what if they are taking it down June 2024 so that it's available for the busy spring break 2025 period?

I'm quite annoyed that it will be down for my trip in Niovember and I'm probably not going to be able to get back until 2027. Dinosaur looks like it'll be down too. But refurbs happen.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Well they obviously want it to re-open in the Summer of 2025 so it has to close a year earlier.

And it also gives them some wiggle room for delays and still have it ready for the Fall (of 2025) when they might take something else down for a refurb…….

JIMINYCR

We’ve gone on many trips at various times of the year and there hasn’t been a trip yet that some favorite attraction we were looking forward to doing comes up for refurb. Our upcoming trip we will miss out on TT. I’m always looking at the list of what’s planning on being down as I plan my trips so I won’t be surprised when we arrive.
Refurbs may be scheduled at various times of the year depending on when funds get allocated and when workers can be scheduled.
I’d rather miss out on something on one trip knowing that the next trip I’ll get a better experience from a newly conditioned attraction.

JIMINYCR

the effects of closing Test Track are far overstated. Its capacity is incredibly low for an E-ticket.

It’s really not that big of a deal.
Well it’s a big deal for people who enjoy the thrill it gives and they are looking forward to riding it on their one trip in the year or one trip ever.
In a park that has fewer rides it hurts when anything is down. It isn’t my favorite attraction of the park but I was looking forward to adding the ride into my day.

SplashJacket

Well it’s a big deal for people who enjoy the thrill it gives and they are looking forward to riding it on their one trip in the year or one trip ever.
In a park that has fewer rides it hurts when anything is down. It isn’t my favorite attraction of the park but I was looking forward to adding the ride into my day.
It’s no different than people who are bummed not to ride Pirates when it’s down for refurbishment (except three times as many people are disappointed since its capacity is ~3x higher).

Last edited:

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
It's closed virtually every afternoon for 2-3 hours from May-September anway.

These "omg Disney is effing stupid for closing an E-ticket even if its becoming brand new" reactions are why they hardly ever give us refreshes of our favorite rides. Life goes on.

JIMINYCR

Never said it was less or more of a big deal than PotC. No matter the capacity it hurts someone. So it impacts guests experience no matter what gets closed. You stated that because it’s popularity was less then it’s no big deal. Well it is for some.
It’s no different than people who are bummed not to ride Pirates when it’s down for refurbishment (except three times as many people are disappointed since its capacity is ~3x higher).

Last edited:

plutofan15

Well now you know far enough ahead of time and can plan accordingly. Attractions need to close at some point for maintenance, refurbishment and/or rethemeing. Regroup, adapt and move on.

NickMaio

Original Poster
I guess I'm the only one who thinks that a summer closure is odd?
Many of the last big ticket rides were closed on the fall.
Anyway thanks for your input.

NickMaio

Original Poster

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240406_230927_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240406_230927_Chrome.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 61

celluloid

Tells you how desperate EPCOT is.

Guardians and Rat never did boost the numbers like they wanted.

Hopefully GM's guidance and checkbook helps the process.

Last edited:

peter11435

Yes I heard.....
Summer is nuts busy there. Usually the big rides go into reimagine in the fall.

Just curious if anyone knows some inside info
Or if guardians will go into a normal que.
Summer is not the busiest time of year at WDW and absolutely not the busiest time of year at Epcot. This will be an extensive refurbishment requiring an extended downtime. No matter when they chose to close the attraction it would have been closed for a summer due to the length of the closure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom