Test track broke while we were on it!

bbll24

Yeah when I rode TT a couple years ago our car just stopped right before you speed up and it looks like you are going to run into the wall. We were stopped for probably half an hour, those seats arent the most comfortable so my butt was starting to hurt. We finally got moving and finished the ride as normal, we got to ride again and then we got back in line because everybody left the line! 3 rides on TT in 45 minutes!:)

sabian

Never broke down on Test Track. But, i have been on Pirates of the Caribbean when it broke down. We were in the burning village scene and the loading belt for the boats broke. 45 Minutes of Yo Ho, Yo Ho a pirates life for me. I loved that song until that day. All day, all that was in my head, Yo HO, YO HO......Man. I still love that attraction, though, Anyone ever been on potc when they turn on the house lights. Totally ruins the illusion. Never realized how much depth perecption that that attraction depends on.. anyway. Good day.

ucf disneyfan said:
Most of the time when a Disney ride breaks down its for safety reasons. Now that I work on a Disney attraction I feel safer than ever. The computer systems they have running the rides are alot smarter than people think. That's why CM's get mad when guests start yelling at them because the ride broke down. People should feel relieved when it breaks down, it's just an indication that Disney cares about them. Last week we broke down and I had a family screaming at me telling me that they wanted me to get Disney to buy their whole family a free dinner. The mother of the family then told me that "rides shouldn't break down!". The first thing I tell people when we break down is that theres nothing major wrong, but the computer would rather be safe than sorry. So the next time you're on a Disney ride and it breaks down just take a second to think about how much Disney cares.

Amen to that!

MicBat

Gepettotrevor said:
Amen to that!
I second that! So many people dont understand this! I would try to explain to guests that it was for their safety, but they wouldnt have it. They would rather risk their safety and the safety of their kids for a theme park ride.

BTW... Love the sig... ;)

Boo's Mom

I've gotten stuck on test track when it goes on to track A i believe it is. it increased speed 10% and then 20% and then the ride broke down and we coasted all the way around the bend and down the dip when it completely stopped. It felt like we were going 3 mph as it took forever. It then started up like nothing happened after 5 minutes

Boo's Mom said:
I've gotten stuck on test track when it goes on to track A i believe it is. it increased speed 10% and then 20% and then the ride broke down and we coasted all the way around the bend and down the dip when it completely stopped. It felt like we were going 3 mph as it took forever. It then started up like nothing happened after 5 minutes

That happened to me once!!!

Yen_Sid1

Steve4wdw said:
Except of course for the time rumored in july of '97 when to test what would happen if the system were to crash and the ride didn't stop they turned off all safeties and the car ran the outside embankment and promptly removed itself from the track to go into the building.... I"ve heard this from a few CM's so not just one rumor...though I suppose no one's ever officially confirmed it.

Of course, it happened but that is part of Test & Adjust. WDI actually try to cause problems to see what would happen. That always leads to redesigning the ride system, then of course re-testing, then that takes a long while, so the opening keeps getting pushed back and back further until everything is safe to put people on.

se8472

One of my fav things to say when a guest would ask me if something is wrong, I would always say no, something is right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom