Test Track 2012 Refurb.. You heard it here first.

ChuruyaSan

This is funny!

:eek:

Pah! Says the man who dislikes the glorious original Imagination, that exhilarating third act of Disney psychedelia, after Fantasia and Alice in Wonderland. :eek:

Off to Pottyland with ya! :zipit:

BEST LINE OF THE THREAD EVER!
:lol::lol::sohappy::sohappy:

On topic, It'd be cool to see a Tron Test Track and the Wonders of Life Pavilion reopening for one part of the ride. I heard the movie was about a video game, even though I never saw it. Maybe there should be a plot line where you have to escape the malfunctioning video game before it blows up, but you are stopped by several obstacles, like the previous TT. (Heat, Cold, Bumps, etc.)

NoChesterHester

can i love your statement? It is damn near impossible to keep everything perfect

Thanks. In my opinion 'perfect' is flawed.

The parks are organic, much like a real city. They have a plan, but that plan constantly changes. Like... Walt going to Europe and upon his return telling his WED Engineers "we really need a Matterhorn."

Perfect is Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal. It is nice, but the southwest coast of Italy has this gritty edge to it that is impossible to truely capture. It feels very fake because of it. The organic nature isnt there, it is only an image.

raven

Actually, I'm pretty sure that was done on purpose. Supposedly when ToT was built, it was taken into account that it would be seen behind morocco, so they made the top of it look moroccan. Which makes sense to me because when you think about it ToT doesn't really fit the theme. The buildings for ToT in DCA and WDW are very different. Unless you knew that already and were referring to the fact that they cared about the theming when they build ToT but not when they built the Swan and Dolphin.

Actually the Swan & Dolphin blend in with the France Pavilion. If you stand along the railing about 30 feet before you get to the Mexico bridge, you will see how Swan & Dolphin fit in with France and TT fits in with Morocco. It was done intentionally as explained to every CM that's had their Discovery Day when they first come to Epcot.

RandySavage

Perfect is Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal. It is nice, but the southwest coast of Italy has this gritty edge to it that is impossible to truely capture. It feels very fake because of it. The organic nature isnt there, it is only an image.

This where the great separates itself from the pedestrian in thematic design.

For example, Italian-themed Hotels:
portofinobayresort07.jpg
694650078_3b2d4f217f_b.jpg

or Volcano-themed rides
Moviepark_bermuda.jpg

693735969_892d7f9fe4_b.jpg

RandySavage

Actually the Swan & Dolphin blend in with the France Pavilion. If you stand along the railing about 30 feet before you get to the Mexico bridge, you will see how Swan & Dolphin fit in with France and TT fits in with Morocco. It was done intentionally as explained to every CM that's had their Discovery Day when they first come to Epcot.

The verdigris colors or sculpture may be somewhat complimentary to France, but the hotels completely obliterate the sense of scale, making the pavilion(s) look somewhat ridiculous. It was a dark day when those things went up where they did.

swandolphin_withfrance2008ww.jpg

Jeff456

The verdigris colors or sculpture may be somewhat complimentary to France, but the hotels completely obliterate the sense of scale, making the pavilion(s) look somewhat ridiculous. It was a dark day when those things went up where they did.

swandolphin_withfrance2008ww.jpg

I have never noticed quite how awful this looks!

c-one

Yes, that's a truly awful view. Nothing about the Swan/Dolphin "fits in" with France, sorry. Unless it's France as seen in the little-known movie "Giant Alien Swan vs. the Eiffel Tower".

Horizonsfan

I would complain less if that hotel was designed by anyone besides Michael Graves. Late 80s/early 90s postmodern architecture... ugh!

To be fair, Graves has done some interesting work (and his work is a thousand times better Gehry, have you seen Disney Village in Paris? :hurl::hurl:). Though I would have preferred another Bob Stern building.

so....about Test Track then.... (steering the thread back on topic)

Yeah...looking forward to the new postshow. :lookaroun:lol:

Kirk88

I rode Test Track for the 1st time this summer. In my opinion, it has nowhere to go but up. It's an OK ride but, can use some love. As far as the complaints about the Swan & Dolphin and ToT, the pic of the 'volcano' makes the other 2 look just fine.

DocMcHulk

Disney Blog: Re-Imagined Test Track Will Put Guests in the Designer’s Seat This Fall at Epcot
Beginning this fall, Epcot guests will be able to enjoy a re-imagined version of the popular Future World attraction, Test Track presented by Chevrolet.
This new version of the attraction will transform the current testing workshop into the sleek “Chevrolet Design Center at Epcot,” where guests can become immersed in the fun – and fast – world of automotive design. Here, guests will become automotive designers and create their own custom vehicles. Next, they’ll buckle into a six-person SimCar ride vehicle and test out their design on the challenging track of the Test Track course.
Afterward, guests can take a fascinating look into the future of transportation by viewing a collection of the latest Chevrolet vehicles in an all-new showroom.
This fun new experience is the result of a renewed, multi-year business relationship between Disney and General Motors, companies that have worked together for more than 30 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom