Terminator 2 3D to close October 8th

celluloid

This will be a more family friendly attraction. That is the current aim with the Universal Orlando Projects as they know they have been stereotyped poorly there before.

es135

I first experienced this attraction at Universal in Hollywood in 2007. I remember being blown away with the way live action and practical effects were intertwined within the film. The combination of the show and immersive pre-show really made for a unique and memorable experience. Last summer, I experienced the attraction again, this time at Universal in Florida. I couldn't have been more disappointed! The 3D was extremely out of focus and choppy, especially when you compared it to the plethora of other 3D attractions at the park. Frankly, the attraction had fallen into disrepair and the source material was not gelling with modern times. It is definitely time for something to come and take its place. Terminator 2 3D will certainly stand, in my mind, as a groundbreaking experience at the park. I hope that the same can be said for whatever Universal replaces it with.

JT3000

My best guess:

IP: Jason Bourne
Ride System: Dynamic Attractions Motion Theater

The thing that makes me think it isn't Bourne is the fact that they will be limited with what they can do by it being indoors, unless the current theater is leveled. A show with an action theme is better suited to a large, outdoor theater where they can do more dangerous effects and such.

The_Jobu

Bit odd they announced the closing a couple weeks before Terminator 6 was announced.

Maybe they didn't like the idea of giving Cameron a licensing fee while he was cashing in on Avatar across the street.

Disneyhead'71

Bit odd they announced the closing a couple weeks before Terminator 6 was announced.

Maybe they didn't like the idea of giving Cameron a licensing fee while he was cashing in on Avatar across the street.
Terminator 6 won't make T2:3D less ancient. Or USF less 3D dependant.

I'm thinking Universal Creative saw something that excited them and they want one. That simple.

Disneyhead'71

If I were to have it my way, I'd use this new concept for a new Terminator show.
The last 3 Terminator movies flailed miserably at the box office.

Bourne is one of Universal top franchises.

For me personally, I just wish they would build a Broadway theater there and put a shortened Wicked or Shrek: The Musical in it. I'd rather see that than some whiz-bang stunt show.

The Empress Lilly

I love the ambition and feel for the grand gesture of T2. A real Cameron attraction. Innovative storytelling. In the triangle between a stunt show, stage show and 4d movie.

Luckily I saw it this month. The focus of the 3d was completely off, and it all didn't feel fresh and new. But I had a swell time nevertheless. Pity I'll never see it again, but I'm not as emotionally tied to UNI as Disney, plus UNI replacements aren't worse as a rule like at WDW. I'll happily await something new.

Sketch105

Terminator23D.jpg

Farewell, Terminator 2 3D. I will always have fond memories of you!

c-one

I am weirdly sad about this. The tech and the story was dated so I'm not surprised at all that they're finally dumping it. But the sheer scope of the thing when it first came out (and for years later) were absolute wonders to behold. It was the first stationery 3D film I ever liked and still is probably my favorite. About as good an attraction as Universal's ever made. I don't even mind the fact that the audience-as-participants angle goes completely out the window in the 2nd half.

Shoutout to the "Shaq can't hit free throws" reference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom