Termination Lack of hours

eb85

Original Poster
Not a CP but Part Time. I started working at Disney World June 10 merchandise CM. I am still in my probationary period but two days ago I was "let go" due to lack of hours at my specific location. In other words I was terminated since my blue id was taken. I understand in terms of hours part time is at the bottom especially when my location brought on 5 new CP's last week. What I and other fellow cast members are not understanding is why I would be "let go" instead of being transferred or re-cast. My leader just told me to call casting because she was unsure if I had to wait 30 days to reapply with the company and that transferring was not a possibility. I went to casting and they are confused as well as to why my leader did not just contact the recruiter to place me elsewhere. I was given a phone number and I have spoken to at least 5 different people from casting, HR, Labor Service and everyone is confused as well. I know people that go months without being scheduled and having to pick up their own hours. Even the cast member at casting told me to contact the union but since I am in my probationary period I am unsure if they will be able to help. Also for some reason it still shows I am with the company. Has anyone been let go due to lack of hours?

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Not a CP but Part Time. I started working at Disney World June 10 merchandise CM. I am still in my probationary period but two days ago I was "let go" due to lack of hours at my specific location. In other words I was terminated since my blue id was taken. I understand in terms of hours part time is at the bottom especially when my location brought on 5 new CP's last week. What I and other fellow cast members are not understanding is why I would be "let go" instead of being transferred or re-cast. My leader just told me to call casting because she was unsure if I had to wait 30 days to reapply with the company and that transferring was not a possibility. I went to casting and they are confused as well as to why my leader did not just contact the recruiter to place me elsewhere. I was given a phone number and I have spoken to at least 5 different people from casting, HR, Labor Service and everyone is confused as well. I know people that go months without being scheduled and having to pick up their own hours. Even the cast member at casting told me to contact the union but since I am in my probationary period I am unsure if they will be able to help. Also for some reason it still shows I am with the company. Has anyone been let go due to lack of hours?
What ended up happening??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom