Teppanyaki Refurb going slow, not going to reopen until October

Douglas Bray

Original Poster
To everyone who is going to Epcot in September and had planned to dine at Teppanyaki I have bad news. I was trying to get a dinner at Le Cellier (still no luck) durinng our trip September 16 - 29, 2007 and thought I would confirm our reservation for Teppanyaki as the name on the restaurant is changing during its referbishment. I was told that the work was going much slower that planned and that it now won't be complete until October. All reservations for September are cancelled, and due to the Free Dining promotion almost every other Full Service Restaurant is booked up already. I was unable to get any other dinner in Epcot for that night except Morrocco, and my wife doesn't want to eat there.

cymbaldiva

Thanks for the 411 - I have ressies there for September 13th.

Does Disney not notify anyone in situtuations such as this? :veryconfu

Douglas Bray

Original Poster
Our reservation was for Tuesday September 18, 2007. For that night we couldn't get another dinner in Epcot other than MARRAKESH RESTAURANT. Unable to get Le Cellier on any night during our trip.

Jungle Skipper

More than likely though, the closer you get to the date something will open up...and at the very least you can standby for most of those restaurants...I enjoy Nine Dragons and it has a huge dining room...more than likely you can get in there with little or no wait. Just because no reservations are available doesn't mean you can't get in period.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Josh

awitelin

Thanks for the warning. :( Man, it seems like everything's closed in September. If this trip wasn't already planned and paid for, I'd move it back a few months.

daguru

I know when it first went down, there were some structural issues and they had large portions of the store closed, while they resolved those issues...

Went this past weekend and the stores were all back up and no sign of construction, I wonder if these structural issues are what pushed it back...

You know, with this and the other ongoing issues with the structure and roof of the pavilion, makes me wonder what happened during construction? Just wondering if there were any issues during construction that is causing the issues now...

Not saying there is anything, just curious....

shanny

there is a kobe near universal, went there once, thought it was better than mitsukoshi

seems everyone going at that time has free dining, these restaurants dont partcipate. :wave:

maybe try leaving epcot thru intl gateway, and try dinner at yachtsman steakhouse or somewhere at the boardwalk or beach club, then re enter epcot? im almost glad we missed free dining now, seeing how hard it is to get ressies anywhere!! :lookaroun

awitelin

I just called about the ADRs. They said that they will be calling everyone with reservations at Teppan Edo through September 15 in a few days. My suggestion is that if you want a table service meal in Epcot, better call now and get it changed ahead of time! Even lunch reservations were a bit harder to come by then I expected. Can't imagine what it'll be like in a few days - near impossible, I'd think... so don't delay! :brick:

jmuboy

I also recommend looking into dining at Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Swan or Dolphin. Lots of options between those 5 hotels and all have some really great places to eat.

crassmonkey

Just got off the phone with WDW. They changed my res. to Boatwright's for that evening, which is good since we will be at POFQ. Hope the rest of you have good luck in finding a new place to eat!!

And thanks for the heads up on the refurb!! :wave:

DDbyDisney

To everyone who is going to Epcot in September and had planned to dine at Teppanyaki I have bad news. I was trying to get a dinner at Le Cellier (still no luck) durinng our trip September 16 - 29, 2007 and thought I would confirm our reservation for Teppanyaki as the name on the restaurant is changing during its referbishment. I was told that the work was going much slower that planned and that it now won't be complete until October. All reservations for September are cancelled, and due to the Free Dining promotion almost every other Full Service Restaurant is booked up already. I was unable to get any other dinner in Epcot for that night except Morrocco, and my wife doesn't want to eat there.

We also had to change our Teppanyaki reservation. We switched to the Cape May Cafe at BC. Your wife might actually like Morrocco, unless you have already tried it once. I was a little leary of eating at Morrocco on my first visit, but it is actually quite good. We are eating there again on our upcoming trip in Sept. The shish kebab is just beef on a skewer with vegetables if your wife is afraid that everything will be weird. The bakalava is OUTSTANDING.

I just called Disney and they said that a delay until October has not been confirmed yet. They said Teppanyaki is scheduled to open Sept. 15th. Of course, that could still change but that's the word I got as of 10 min. ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom