Teppan edo menu

oogie boogie man

Teppan Edo is definitely one of my hidden gems. I'd rather have a chef cooking in front of me than characters. Plus the chefs really know how to put on a show.

Luckily they don't toss around the deserts though. Picture the ice cream and cakes going everywhere.

Hockey89

Teppan Edo is definitely one of my hidden gems. I'd rather have a chef cooking in front of me than characters. Plus the chefs really know how to put on a show.

Luckily they don't toss around the deserts though. Picture the ice cream and cakes going everywhere.
It's below pretty much every single Hibachi I've ever been to for quality and no fried rice because it takes to long....

DISR

It's below pretty much every single Hibachi I've ever been to for quality and no fried rice because it takes to long....
I concur with the quality. I was also scratching my head about the lack of fried rice (my favorite part of hibachi). Guess that explains it...get them in and get them out fast. There is a Benihana in the Hilton Disney Springs. It has been years since I tried it, but it was far better than Teppan Edo.

Hockey89

I concur with the quality. I was also scratching my head about the lack of fried rice (my favorite part of hibachi). Guess that explains it...get them in and get them out fast. There is a Benihana in the Hilton Disney Springs. It has been years since I tried it, but it was far better than Teppan Edo.
It is my favorite part and I think for many people....

Artemicon

I always want to go there because I've heard it is better, but we don't have one near where I live and when we go to Disney we like to stay 'in the bubble'.

I wonder if you asked for it, if they would give it to you.

disneygeek90

I've never been to teppan edo because that amount of food in the parks is a bad idea and doesn't seem worth the cost but the fact that they don't have rice is... very odd. It's the staple at every hibachi restaurant. What do they serve instead?

Phonedave

I agree about the quality (don't even get me started on the sushi). But how does fried rice take too long. Every Hibachi place I have ever eaten at does fried rice first, and by the time they are done with everything else, I am still eating. The part that determines the length of my stay is how long it takes me to eat, not how long it takes them to cook.

I also happen to like noodles better, so I guess there is no accounting for taste. :)

Hockey89

I agree about the quality (don't even get me started on the sushi). But how does fried rice take too long. Every Hibachi place I have ever eaten at does fried rice first, and by the time they are done with everything else, I am still eating. The part that determines the length of my stay is how long it takes me to eat, not how long it takes them to cook.

I also happen to like noodles better, so I guess there is no accounting for taste. :)
I asked the question the one time I was there and that is what they said. I'm not sure there is another place in the country that doesn't serve Fried Rice....

Phonedave

I've never been to teppan edo because that amount of food in the parks is a bad idea and doesn't seem worth the cost but the fact that they don't have rice is... very odd. It's the staple at every hibachi restaurant. What do they serve instead?

They serve rice, but not fried rice. Protein, vegetables, noodles, and white rice.

Chi84

Premium Member
When I asked, I was told that they are Japanese and fried rice is Chinese.
The hibachi restaurants in my city almost all serve steamed rice with entrees. Im talking about the major ones like Benihana or Gyu-Kaku. I’m not sure why anyone would think fried rice is normally served. Maybe it’s particular to certain areas or restaurants?

Last edited:

Hockey89

The hibachi restaurants in my city almost all serve steamed rice with entrees. Im talking about the major ones like Benihana or Gyu-Kaku. I’m not sure why anyone would think fried rice is normally served. Maybe it’s particular to certain areas or restaurants?
Where do you live? Having been to 25-30 of them from Arizona to cal to Vegas to mass nh Ct ny nj Florida, the only place has been Disney.

TrojanUSC

Fried rice is a Chinese invention. It is not Japanese. Hence why it is not served at Teppan Edo. For those who have had teppanyaki in Japan, fried rice is not something that is ever served. The show is also kept to a bare minimum there, as it is more about watching the art of cooking.

The whole idea of teppanyaki involving a "show" is also an American invention - created by the founders of Benihana, most notably Hiroaki Aoki, father of famed DJ Steve Aoki.

Chi84

Premium Member
Where do you live? Having been to 25-30 of them from Arizona to cal to Vegas to mass nh Ct ny nj Florida, the only place has been Disney.
Chicago. I’ve been to a number of Japanese restaurants and don’t remember fried rice as being a thing there. But if you’ve been to 30 places across the country I can’t dispute it’s done at many US hibachi restaurants. Maybe Disney is trying to be more authentic Japanese. Who knows?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom