Teppan Edo, Be our Guest, or both?

cw1982

Original Poster
So, DH has finally decided that he wants to eat at Teppan Edo after all... go figure! Hah! :banghead:

Looking over our plans, it looks like I have two options if we're going to work this in:

Option A: do Teppan Edo for lunch on our main Epcot day. We'll probably get to Epcot at about ten that morning, so we would have a few hours before lunch and then about three hours after lunch before we head to MK for dinner at BoG at 6:05.

Option B: do Teppan Edo for dinner instead of BoG. DH was against this, but that's only because he knows I want to eat there... but the thing is, I'm such a picky eater that I'm not sure it'll matter which restaurant we go to; I was just interested in going to BoG for the ambiance and for the opportunity to sip on a glass of wine at the MK lol.

Thoughts?

Just a couple of key notes:

1. Either way, we'll probably be sharing a meal at either or both restaurants, given that we've both had weight loss surgery and can't eat a full meal by ourselves (yes, I'm aware that there may be a fee for this; we're used to that and it's not the end of the world). But, this also means that, even though we're doing two TS with option A in one day, we're not eating as much as most would (also not spending as much on food).
  2. One other thing I liked about the idea of BoG for dinner was that, since that would be more of a date night and less of a night in a theme park, we're probably more likely to either monorail hop to some of the resort lounges after dinner or hang out at MK to watch the fireworks, which is something we may not be as concerned with on our other MK night, since our main focus that night is the attractions. We also have dinner at Coral Reef one night and are planning to drink/snack our way around WS our last night there, so we have two other opportunities to watch Illuminations.

One other question (sorry... but it's closely related, so I didn't think it warranted its own thread): if we do the lunch option at Teppan Edo, how much time should we allow? Our current ADR would be at 12:50... would we have time to make the tail end of a FP+ for Spaceship Earth from 1:30-2:30, or would it be better to bump that back to 2:30-3:30? On one hand, I want to be done with our FP+'s early enough that we stand a chance at getting more of them, but then again I have a hunch that this would only matter if we park hop before dinner at BoG to try and get more rides in there, since it doesn't really look like there's much else worth the fastpasses at Epcot (the tier ones will probably all be gone by then anyway).

Sorry that got so long... thanks for reading and for replies! :)

Last edited:

ThinkTink721

I would probably opt for doing both Teppan Edo & BOG that day, unless you can get them on separate days.
Both restaurants are great!
The monorail ride from Epcot to the MK usually does not take very long.
I would probably bump up the FP+ time so you are not rushing around.
The Coral Reef is worth doing at least once. We ate there last year & it was pretty good.

cw1982

Original Poster
I would probably opt for doing both Teppan Edo & BOG that day, unless you can get them on separate days.
Both restaurants are great!
The monorail ride from Epcot to the MK usually does not take very long.
I would probably bump up the FP+ time so you are not rushing around.
The Coral Reef is worth doing at least once. We ate there last year & it was pretty good.

Thanks! That's kind of what I'm leaning towards as well... maybe spread out the fastpasses a little more if we are doing a sit down meal. Since we probably won't be able to fastpass both TT and Soarin' on the same day, no reason to rush, right?

I may stalk the site and see if a different day opens up for BoG... or even a little later time on that same day. But if not I think this will work.

jlsHouston

Yeah... that's what I know lol

ahhhhh... You will love the venue at BOG. It is an absolute must must must must must. I had lunch there over spring break so I did cancel our dinner ADR's one evening because my boyfriend really wanted to go into EPCOT again and ride Soarin and we had spent 6 hours at MK that day so...but I only did it because we had been in there for lunch 2 days earlier. Otherwise no way. This trip coming up I have 2 lunches and 1 dinner set up at BOG. I love the venue and the steak is good...really good.

cw1982

Original Poster
ahhhhh... You will love the venue at BOG. It is an absolute must must must must must. I had lunch there over spring break so I did cancel our dinner ADR's one evening because my boyfriend really wanted to go into EPCOT again and ride Soarin and we had spent 6 hours at MK that day so...but I only did it because we had been in there for lunch 2 days earlier. Otherwise no way. This trip coming up I have 2 lunches and 1 dinner set up at BOG. I love the venue and the steak is good...really good.

That makes me happy because the steak is probably what we'll get! Lol

jlsHouston

That makes me happy because the steak is probably what we'll get! Lol

Stay away from the scallops, I veered off course one time and ordered that and having had scallops really fresh in Cabo before.....those scallops at BOG just did not meet my standard.
The lunch menu is pretty awesome too. Really good turkey on really good bread. And the pork dish? I had a taste of that and it was really good.

jlsHouston

How much time should I allow to get from Epcot to MK?

If you are starting from the WS I would give myself an solid hour to get from WS to the monorail to TTC and then over to the MK monorail. Then you have to walk back to BOG or if the train is still running you can catch that into FL and walk from the Dumbo area.
Still give yourself an hour.
Probably faster to walk thru the IG up to BC and out the front to the buses and bus to MK but half the fun of Disney IMO is navigating the various modes of transportation. Of course I'm in the logistics business so I see that as fun...

cw1982

Original Poster
By the time we leave Epcot we will be back in FW. I kinda want to take the monorail because it's a good excuse to do the monorail/ferry boat ride lol.

Walking won't be an issue. DH and I walked a 60 mile trail over the course of three days last fall. I just don't want to be late.

HouCuseChickie

I'd be more inclined to side with whatever keeps you at BOG dinner. The reality is that something like Teppan Edo isn't really unique to WDW...at least in food/concept. While I can't speak from first hand experience, we've skipped it because so many say you can easily find similar and better options like Teppan Edo outside of WDW.

Now I know @jlsHouston noted the pork at BOG, but results really vary with that dish. Some may just be personal preferences, but some is inconsistencies as well. Some people rave while others wind up with food that's nearly inedible. Sadly, I was not a fan of my pork and I think I was just the victim of inconsistencies. On a positive note, I loved the charcuterie (i.e. the assorted meats appetizer), but I have a feeling it won't be up your alley since you've noted being a picky eater. DH's French onion soup was also great and I think we've already discussed his steak- which was good.

jlsHouston

I've only had a bite of the pork offered on the lunch menu. I wouldn't dare order a porkchop at WDW, honestly I am funny about porkchops and not overly fond of pork shanks. My DD33 ordered the pork that came served over truffle mac&cheese at Flying Fish and liked it, but she likes pork better than I do. I am picky about meat. I haven't tried any of the appetizers at BOG but my girls have had the onion soup and loved it. I always get the strawberry cupcake for dessert....it's my favorite cupcake.

I can't wait to eat the turkey sandwich again for lunch and what is the room called that is to the right of the main dining room. Not the one with the rose. The one to the right is my favorite dining room for kicking back and relaxing.

jlsHouston

By the time we leave Epcot we will be back in FW. I kinda want to take the monorail because it's a good excuse to do the monorail/ferry boat ride lol.

Walking won't be an issue. DH and I walked a 60 mile trail over the course of three days last fall. I just don't want to be late.

No it's not really the walking that takes up the time. It ends up being the waiting/timing. If you walk to the front of EPCOT and catch the monorail to MK, there may be a slight wait for the monorail, then the same thing when you transfer. So figure your monorail journey will be about 20 minutes. It might take 10 minutes to walk to the front of EPCOT. It will probably take 10-15 minutes to enter MK and get back to BOG. That is about 45 minutes if there are no delays. So plan on an hour just in case.

cw1982

Original Poster
I'll tell DH about the inconsistencies with the pork. I don't think he'll want that anyway if there's a decent steak up for grabs... lol ;)

HouCuseChickie

I've only had a bite of the pork offered on the lunch menu. I wouldn't dare order a porkchop at WDW, honestly I am funny about porkchops and not overly fond of pork shanks. My DD33 ordered the pork that came served over truffle mac&cheese at Flying Fish and liked it, but she likes pork better than I do. I am picky about meat. I haven't tried any of the appetizers at BOG but my girls have had the onion soup and loved it. I always get the strawberry cupcake for dessert....it's my favorite cupcake.

I can't wait to eat the turkey sandwich again for lunch and what is the room called that is to the right of the main dining room. Not the one with the rose. The one to the right is my favorite dining room for kicking back and relaxing.

My bad- oops! The pork on the lunch menu looked good. We opted for sandwiches when we tried BOG lunch, but I'm wishing I'd gone with the pork or the quinoa.

cw1982

Original Poster
You know, I forgot about BoG lunch. I have a fastpass for lunch that Friday still. I just wanted to do dinner because I figured it would be a more romantic experience than the qs lunch. I was going to cancel the lunch and hadn't gotten around to it yet... maybe that's an option. Then we could do Teppan Edo for dinner instead.

My only reservation there is that Friday is our last day and I would rather not have to base my whole morning around my lunch fastpass in case we decide to go to a different park or something.

DisneyJunkie

Personally, if you're going to do TWO TSs in one day, I would try and spread them out (time-wise) as far as you can. For instance, if you do Teppan Edo (a place that's borderline fair-to-OK) at 12 or 12:30 for lunch, I would try and push out the BoG dinner to 6 or 6:30. Or you can do it vice versa. Save yourself some rushing around time by not having the two meal times too close together.

cw1982

Original Poster
Personally, if you're going to do TWO TSs in one day, I would try and spread them out (time-wise) as far as you can. For instance, if you do Teppan Edo (a place that's borderline fair-to-OK) at 12 or 12:30 for lunch, I would try and push out the BoG dinner to 6 or 6:30. Or you can do it vice versa. Save yourself some rushing around time by not having the two meal times too close together.

Yep... that's pretty much the exact times we have lol. 12:50 for Teppan Edo and 6:05 for BoG. I'm working on trying to bump BoG back to 7 or 7:30 but so far no luck.

mouse_luv

I haven't been to BOG yet, but I've heard that lunch is better than dinner.
With that being said. Teppan Edo is one of my favorite restaurants in all the World! :hungry:
If you are going to do it for lunch, I would bump the FP+ back to 2:30-3:30
I love having dinner there but that's just me. :inlove:

Just something to keep in mind, the meal servings at TE have gotten smaller and I was hungry a bit later (and I have a small appetite btw).
So IDK if you and your DH will truly want to share a meal there or not. :cat:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom