Tencennial

Raxel7851

Original Poster
256C9564-AE1A-4EFC-A39B-7CA8088A4873.jpeg

Found this today cleaning out my desk! I found my receipt from FW and it was May 1982.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Foraging through drawers, closets and boxes you can find some real jewels that you forgot were still around. I once had a box of assorted Dis stuff that I had collected on a trip that had been put aside with the intention of going through it. Well it ended up in a closet for a few years until Covid hit and DW and I took the time to "spring clean" and I found a treasure trove of wonders I forgot I ever had.

Pepper's Ghost

View attachment 697823

Found this today cleaning out my desk! I found my receipt from FW and it was May 1982.
Okay, now see, THIS is the reason why when I say "don't touch my stuff", I mean "DON'T TOUCH MY STUFF!" 😁 I love rediscovering stuff I decided to hold on to, pack away, etc. Do I have more stuff than I need? Absolutely, but show me one person who is ultra organized, purges every 6 months, etc who would come across this kind of joy 40+ years later. 😁 It's an instant smile on your face, and you paid exactly $0 to have that joy. I've heard so many people throughout my life tell me that if you don't touch something in 2 years, throw it out. I can't tell you how many times I decide to dig out a couple of boxes that I buried somewhere under more important stuff, open the box, and I'm in instant euphoria with memories rushing back from years ago that I haven't thought of forever.

Excellent find! And by they way... Tencennial??? What the h3ll kind of marketing is that? I was literally a child at that time with no knowledge of Disney, but I assume they were piggybacking off of the Bicentennial that was all the rage at the time? That must've been like how so many people decided to start wearing silver around the Millennium. 🤣 Not sure what the Millennium had to do with silver, but I guess going into the 2000s made people feel like we were going into the space-age or something.

Last edited:

Raxel7851

Original Poster
Foraging through drawers, closets and boxes you can find some real jewels that you forgot were still around. I once had a box of assorted Dis stuff that I had collected on a trip that had been put aside with the intention of going through it. Well it ended up in a closet for a few years until Covid hit and DW and I took the time to "spring clean" and I found a treasure trove of wonders I forgot I ever had.
I also found an old paper resort ID card from a stay in 1983. It was from the WDW Village Resort which “I think” were the old Golf Villas. Were they located where SSR is now? I vaguely remember them being near the Downtown Disney area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom