Temporary Further Reduction of Monorail Hours

DJJimmy9

No monorail

Thanks for the sympathy. I am trying my best to not let this ruin the "magic". My real concern is that we made dinner reservations at Epcot on several nights around 5:30PM thinking we easily leave the MK or BLT and head over to Epcot for dinner on the monorail.

I really can't believe that 11:30PM-6:00PM is the time. Sure, we will be in the park each day by 9AM, but transferring for dinner is happening before 6PM. Why aren't the times each day like 11AM - 4PM. That would still be upsetting but much more tolerable.

I guess to get from MK to EPCOT I will have to take a bus to TTC and then hop on the EPCOT monorail. I guess we should cancel any lunches planned at the GF or Poly too.

dave&di

Of the 8 Deluxe resorts at WDW only 3 have monorail service. :wave:

It doesn't matter, the points the same. If your'e staying at a Deluxe resort on the monorail line the chances are that's one of the major factors for choosing it. You get my point :wave:

dave&di

Thanks for the sympathy. I am trying my best to not let this ruin the "magic". My real concern is that we made dinner reservations at Epcot on several nights around 5:30PM thinking we easily leave the MK or BLT and head over to Epcot for dinner on the monorail.

I really can't believe that 11:30PM-6:00PM is the time. Sure, we will be in the park each day by 9AM, but transferring for dinner is happening before 6PM. Why aren't the times each day like 11AM - 4PM. That would still be upsetting but much more tolerable.

I guess to get from MK to EPCOT I will have to take a bus to TTC and then hop on the EPCOT monorail. I guess we should cancel any lunches planned at the GF or Poly too.

Yeah, bus to TTC then monorail to Epcot, don't cancel your ADR's at the GF or Poly, they are both walking distance from the TTC, the poly is only about 5 mins and the GF a bit more, it would be a shame to let the rail closure dominate your trip too much.

Good luck. :)

DJJimmy9

Monorail Panic

Thanks dave&di...

You have calmed me down a little.

Although I am still disgruntled. It is one thing to close the pool slide or refurb a few rides. I still think it is completely unacceptable to close down the monorail like this - especially without advance notice. Its not like the construction at GF hasn't been planned for a while. There had better be a ridiculous amount of buses dedicated to the 3 monorail resorts.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Thanks dave&di...

You have calmed me down a little.

Although I am still disgruntled. It is one thing to close the pool slide or refurb a few rides. I still think it is completely unacceptable to close down the monorail like this - especially without advance notice. Its not like the construction at GF hasn't been planned for a while. There had better be a ridiculous amount of buses dedicated to the 3 monorail resorts.

Unless you are on that monorail that gets broadsided by a crane, knocking it to the ground, killing everyone on it. Perspective.

nepalostparks

The ferry boats should also be running from MK to the TTC, so I'm not sure you would need to take a bus.

It is also possible they will have busses running directly from MK to Epcot during the closing of the monorails. In that case, it would be a direct run and probably faster than if you had to take both sets of monorails in the first place.

DJJimmy9

Perspective?

Unless you are on that monorail that gets broadsided by a crane, knocking it to the ground, killing everyone on it. Perspective.

Yes - I understand it is a safety issue. However, the dangerous activities such as crane operation do not need to be scheduled for 6.5 hours a day. Also, when they planned the construction, did they know where the monorail was located?

I am not saying they should keep the monorail running through a dangerous path, I am just saying they could have done a better job at planning to have less of an impact. They also could have done a better job at communicating. Had this been scheduled in advance, then maybe I would not stayed this week or at this resort or built afternoon monorail rides into my schedule.

Anyone want to call my 6-mo pregnant wife and explain to her that this is no big deal - that we can just walk some more. LoL!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Yes - I understand it is a safety issue. However, the dangerous activities such as crane operation do not need to be scheduled for 6.5 hours a day. Also, when they planned the construction, did they know where the monorail was located?

I am not saying they should keep the monorail running through a dangerous path, I am just saying they could have done a better job at planning to have less of an impact. They also could have done a better job at communicating. Had this been scheduled in advance, then maybe I would not stayed this week or at this resort or built afternoon monorail rides into my schedule.

Anyone want to call my 6-mo pregnant wife and explain to her that this is no big deal - that we can just walk some more. LoL!

Heavy machine work has to be done during the day. There would be a greater impact on guests if they did that, say at night when people are sleeping. I doubt seriously TDO sat down and planned this so it would hack off the greatest number of people.

DJJimmy9

6.5 hours a day

How about they restart the monorail at 4PM/5PM so that people can start hopping for dinner ADRs. Does the construction have to happen between 4PM and 6PM?

Tigger1988

If you want to avoid walking Disney World is the last place you should going. Pregnant women have done it before your wife and they'll do it after. :shrug:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
How about they restart the monorail at 4PM/5PM so that people can start hopping for dinner ADRs. Does the construction have to happen between 4PM and 6PM?

My guess would be that they want this phase clear before the extremely busy Easter period start of April.

DJJimmy9

Easter

You are probably right. But I hope you can understand why I'd be upset. They are inconveniencing my family and our vacation for 6.5 hours a day so that they can avoid inconveniencing others in April. I would prefer to spread the wealth around a little more.

Doesn't the world revolve around me and my family? LoL.

KevinYee

I would suggest complaining once you are at the resort as well. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is the old saying, and at Disney, it's definitely true. They probably have some manner of hand out (free dining? tons of free fastpasses?) that they are willing to give out but won't unless you ask. And insist. And maybe even yell.

I would suggest complaining once you are at the resort as well. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is the old saying, and at Disney, it's definitely true. They probably have some manner of hand out (free dining? tons of free fastpasses?) that they are willing to give out but won't unless you ask. And insist. And maybe even yell.

How abut instead of Pre-Planning to complain and figuring out what you can get ifyou complain.

Wait and see how big of an impact it has on you, and see if it truelly will effect you.

Its sounds as if some of these people have no plans other than riding the monorail an entire day.

DJJimmy9

Pre-Planning

How abut instead of Pre-Planning to complain and figuring out what you can get ifyou complain.

Wait and see how big of an impact it has on you, and see if it truelly will effect you.

Its sounds as if some of these people have no plans other than riding the monorail an entire day.

SERIOUSLY???

Do you know how much pre-planing we have done. Our trip starts tomorrow. I am trying to figure out how this really impacts me.

Sunday - arrival day
Check-in and then Lunch at Flavors of the world at CR. Heading to MK after lunch around 2PM via the monorail. Not anymore.

Leaving MK heading back to Bay Lake Tower around 5:30PM to get into room and unpack, receive groceries, and get ready for dinner via the monorail. Not anymore.

Heading to Grand Floridian for dinner via the monorail. Hopefully running at 7PM.

Monday
Heading to Epcot in the AM via the monorail. Should be running.

Park Hopping to MK in the afternoon via monorail. Not anymore.

Should I keep going???

I am not riding the monorail all day but i am paying for a monorail resort so I expect the monorail to be there when I want/need it. If you can't comprehend this, then please just don't bother responding.

Tigger1988

Yes, yelling at cast members who have zero say in what is going on will solve everything. Nothing makes you feel like a man like screaming at minimum wage workers until you get what you want. :rolleyes:

DJJimmy9

Yelling

I never said I would yell. And it was another poster who suggested yelling. I certainly will express my dissatisfaction, but I am not a moron. I know the cast member behind the desk didn't make the decision to close the monorail.

Trust me, I can communicate my dissatisfaction politely.

My real hope with all of my messages was to get support/advice about how to modify my transportation plans (i.e. how much time should I allow for buses instead of monorail). Also, it was just to get some reassurance that my trip will be fine despite this little glitch. I am just feeling the panic of planning a trip for 10-people and having a wrench thrown into my plans the day before we leave. Hopefully I am making a mountain out of a mole hill.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yes, yelling at cast members who have zero say in what is going on will solve everything. Nothing makes you feel like a man like screaming at minimum wage workers until you get what you want. :rolleyes:

I don't think he meant it THAT way. His point is to let Disney know you are not happy, not to take it out on the CM's. The CM's DO have a certain amount of comps that are there for them to disperse. Why shouldn't you or I have them if we aren't completely satisfied? Should they ALL go to others?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I never said I would yell. And it was another poster who suggested yelling. I certainly will express my dissatisfaction, but I am not a moron. I know the cast member behind the desk didn't make the decision to close the monorail.

Trust me, I can communicate my dissatisfaction politely.

My real hope with all of my messages was to get support/advice about how to modify my transportation plans (i.e. how much time should I allow for buses instead of monorail). Also, it was just to get some reassurance that my trip will be fine despite this little glitch. I am just feeling the panic of planning a trip for 10-people and having a wrench thrown into my plans the day before we leave. Hopefully I am making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Try this Transportation Wizard that offers different routes between places and the time involved with each.

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom