Tell me your heartwarming stories!

dvcmooch

Oh WOW! What wonderful stories!

I think this particular instant was our May 2002 trip. Our youngest was a shy 4 year old. He was always kinda stand-off-ish if you know what I mean. He seemed to be most comfortable around people and friends he knew. But would never initiate contact or conversation with others. Our first day started looking like gloomy weather but cleared for a really pretty afternoon. Just right for that afternoon's Magic Kingdom parade. Well, the parade starts coming through our area, the Winnie Pooh characters come around the corner, and the parade stops to allow children to interact with the characters. I'm busy running the video camera, as usual, and notice on my view screen that Steven has run out into the middle of all the excitement. He went out there with all of his Pooh friends and had a grand time, hugging every character he could and dancing around as if he had rehearsed this with the cast members all along! I looked at my wife, she looked at me, we just started laughing and tearing at the same time. Man, it's fun to go to WDW!!!!!

joanna71985

Lets hear more Joanna71985

Ok. Here are a couple more:
1) I saw a guy propose to his girlfriend right in front of the castle breezeway. The castle show manager must have set it up for him, because she had roped off a little area for them, and was going to "take a picture" for them. Well, for some reason, the camera wasn't working (surprise, surprise). So the guy took the camera and "fiddled" with it. He then told her they would try it again, and handed the camera back to the manager. However, this time he dropped down on his knee and proposed. She was so surprised, she started crying. She said yes, of course. Here is where it gets funny. The guy must have been married before, because he had kids. Anyway, after she said yes one of the kids said "Dad's getting married! Can we go do rides now?". Everyone burst out laughing.

2) I wasn't there for this. But this is such a wonderful story: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=286202&highlight=sw2k

3) This one happened to me. I had just started my first CP, and was away on my own for the first time (other then little trips, I mean). I was feeling homesick, and decided to go to the MK. The castle show was playing, so I stopped to watch (this was the end of the run of Cinderella's Surprise Celebration). In between shows, the characters would come down and take pictures. I decided to see Mickey. The best thing ever happened- Mickey got down on his knee and "proposed"! Here is the picture:
P1290538.jpg

I ended up getting over my homesickness, and went on to do 3 more CPs after that one. I should be graduating in May, and plan on moving down to FL. Also, since that picture, I now get to work with the characters myself! That in itself is a dream come true.

Alexx

Mine took place in MGM (as it was known then) last year, I was in the queue to see Lilo and Stitch and there was one family in front of me, and there was this little girl(she must of been about 5 or 6) and her parents. The little girl was blind and she was sat in a pushchair so lilo and stitch came upto her and let her feel their heads and stuff and the expression on the girls face was priceless the parents of the girl were getting teary and theres was loads of photos and the dad caught it all on video.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom