tell me if i am wrong

tcpm21

Hi everyone! I have to admit I am disappointed with Disney. I posted about our family staying at the ASMO and during our visit the Fantasia pool will be closed. I was thinking the other day and first of all we have a perferred room, I dont want to be walking out of the hotel every day looking at an empty pool being worked on. I called again and asked if that would be the case, and she said more then likely yes. My point is....I paid the extra money for the perferred room, and when I booked I didnt know this was going to be going on. Dont you think they should do something about this? I asked how much more it would be to move up to a moderate resort, and it was like $350.00 more. I dont know what to do.

shmily

I can't blame you, that would be an awful "preferred" view. Did you ask if you could move to another AS resort? Or, to be moved to a different preferred location at ASMO? $350 isn't bad for an upgrade to a Moderate resort but that depends on how long your vacation is. If it's only 2 days...that's a little steep but if you are going for a week, it might be worth the extra money?!? Depends on your budget.

Upvote 0

mikey

Would you consider moving to Pop Century? It's a great Value resort -- our preferred place to stay -- and all of the pools are great.

(And save me a seat...we're there in 24 days!)

mikey

Upvote 0

barnum42

Move to a cheaper room without a view of the building works, or a different resort.

There will be something in the small print that not all facilities can be guaranteed 365 days a year, but I'm sure Disney will accommodate a change of room and refund the difference or let you switch to a comparable resort.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I'd call and see what other value resorts are available, or ask for a different room (since your room is not assigned yet anyway). Don't let a simple thing like this spoil your vacation. Construction is a fact of life.

Upvote 0

kachow

I wouldn't expect them to give you anything for free because of this, but I would expect them to do all they could to switch your reservation to something that would make you happier. Minimally, I would expect them to switch your room to a non-preferred room. I mean, my assumption is it's a preferred room because it overlooks the pool, right?

Upvote 0

metscool

I think that you should go to Pop. It is a good place to be. And the good news is that you have a 3 out of 4 chance to stay in a building that has a pool (90s, 80s, 60s, and 50s). And it looks better then all those All-stars resorts.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

kachow said:
I wouldn't expect them to give you anything for free because of this, but I would expect them to do all they could to switch your reservation to something that would make you happier. Minimally, I would expect them to switch your room to a non-preferred room. I mean, my assumption is it's a preferred room because it overlooks the pool, right?
Not really... preferred at value resorts is primarily due to proximity to the main building, food court and busses.

I'd suggest changing resorts and Pop is a great choice.

Upvote 0

beanbunny

preferred room

Just some food for thought - even though the pool will be "down", don't forget that a preferred room will also get you closer to the food court & bus stops. At the end of a long day, a shorter walk sure does feel good!!! We had a non-preferred room at ASMU and the walk back to our room was torture!

Upvote 0

mellybear

I admit the reason we get preferred rooms is to be closer to the food and buses.. I wouldnt change to a non-preferred room.. After you have been walking all day, that room really saves on walking time back to your room.. If anything change to a preferred room at another all star resort..!:)

Upvote 0
We're ones who don't believe that the "Preferred" rooms at the All Stars are worth it. These resorts aren't nearly as expansive, as, say CBR, or POR.
If, for ex. you are staying at All Star Music, the Calypso section is preferred, ie. more expensive.

Take 30 steps past Calypso, and you're in the Jazz section. Right by the pool. Even the END of the Jazz section isn't bad.

We even stayed in Broadway, and though it's about a four minute walk to the front...four minute walk? Or save money?

Then again, if you paid for a preferred room, and the pool is closed, you should switch. What was the point of paying the extra money? I mean, you're still closest to the busses and food court, but you could be nearly as close in the next section over.

Upvote 0
ok heres a "more" positive side at disney if ya end up lookin at the empty pool then just think about it this way... stay at the park longer and ya wont have to look at it i mean like if your gonna be at the parks a ton then there wont be that much time lookin into an empty pool if ya know what i mean when we go we hardly spend any time in our room other than to sleep and get ready cause as soon as were done were so tired we just go and crash think about the positive things of disney and not the negative it works i promise just enjoy yourself and make the most of the moment

Upvote 0
amykissangel said:
We're ones who don't believe that the "Preferred" rooms at the All Stars are worth it. These resorts aren't nearly as expansive, as, say CBR, or POR.
If, for ex. you are staying at All Star Music, the Calypso section is preferred, ie. more expensive.

Take 30 steps past Calypso, and you're in the Jazz section. Right by the pool. Even the END of the Jazz section isn't bad.

We even stayed in Broadway, and though it's about a four minute walk to the front...four minute walk? Or save money?

Then again, if you paid for a preferred room, and the pool is closed, you should switch. What was the point of paying the extra money? I mean, you're still closest to the busses and food court, but you could be nearly as close in the next section over.

ok i get ur point i would switch try pop century its fun

Upvote 0

MOM2THREEBOYS

When are you going? I just called the ASMO because we are staying there from 9/8/06 to 9/15/06 and I wanted to be sure about a pool for my kids! She said there is no plans of any of their pools being closed in the future. She said that they just worked on it in March and all the repairs were done??:confused:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom