Tell me about Nine Dragons at Epcot

LuvMyLatte

Original Poster
I have never eaten at China and see by few, if any, reviews. Best eats there, service, quality of food. Please fill me in.

Tigger1988

I love it there, the portions are huge (you could easily split one entree between 2 people). The egg roll appetizer is probably my favorite. The servers have always been pleasant and attentive.

It's worth trying at least once imo.

Annielkd

very good

I also like the food there. Actually, most of the places are good and have large portions. I don't like the ice cream though... you might want to skip that :)

Pioneer Hall

Pretty good standard Chinese food (just an inflated prices). I think your enjoyment of it might be dependent on where you come from. When I was living in NJ with good Chinese food I didn't waste time at nine dragons. Now that I am in Florida where good Chinese doesn't seem to exist I have no problem popping in there from time to time.

BrittanyRose428

Pretty good standard Chinese food (just an inflated prices). I think your enjoyment of it might be dependent on where you come from. When I was living in NJ with good Chinese food I didn't waste time at nine dragons. Now that I am in Florida where good Chinese doesn't seem to exist I have no problem popping in there from time to time.
This is true, living in Boston I'm not in a huge rush to get Chinese food in WDW, but if we don't have a reservation Nine Dragons usually (when we're there anyways) has been able to seat us. Not that its necessarily a backup though, I do think the food is pretty good.

Yzma

Agreed!

To me it's just average, but that's because I eat at local Chinese restaurants that offer incredible meals.

mickeysshoes

We tried it for the first time on our last visit and are in no hurry to go back. It was just ok. I think I would rather eat in Japan.

Annielkd

Not a big fan of Japan

I didn't like Japan's foods as much. They gave smaller portions and it tasted somewhat strange. BUT, that was the last time when they had their food in the cart by the water, not in their original place.

The MadHatter

generic chinese fast food.

"Entrees include regional specialties such as:

Kung Pao Chicken
Canton Pepper Beef
Xi'An Pulled Pork
Zha Jiang Noodles
Five-Spiced Fish
Specialty seafood dishes" - taken from their site

all stuff you can get at your local fast food joint

bill bailey

I have to agree that if you have a good Chinese place local , Nine Dragons will most likey be no better. Typical carry out Chinese at Disney prices.

Main Street USA

My wife and I seem to always end up there, and we're NEVER disappointed. Calling it "take out" or "fast food" is incredibly misleading. Great, attentive, and kind servers and very tasty food. We've eaten at almost every restaurant in WDW so we have plenty to compare it to.

As someone said above, give it a try at least once. My guess id that you'll like it.

Captain Chaos

I live in NJ and thought Nine Dragons was pretty good...

Pioneer Hall

I live in NJ and thought Nine Dragons was pretty good...

It is pretty good. I was just saying that if you come from a place that already has decent Chinese food then Nine Dragons probably won't impress you very much. Doesn't mean it isn't good, but it might not appeal to you.

MansionGoer13z

I can agree with the fact that Florida has the worst Chinese food ever. I'm from the DC Metro area and the Chinese Food here is Comparable with 9 Dragons. However, the prices aren't. Over all its not a bad thing to go and splurge if you really want Chinese Food, You are on vacation after all.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is pretty good. I was just saying that if you come from a place that already has decent Chinese food then Nine Dragons probably won't impress you very much. Doesn't mean it isn't good, but it might not appeal to you.
I would agree. We have not had a decent Chinese restaurant in Jacksonville since the 80's. Most have been replaced with the Wok n Roll style takeout places. When you compare 9 Dragons against that metric the place is absolutely stellar.

Captain Chaos

Totally understand where you are coming from...

I had Lotus Blossom Cafe a few years back and in 2011 decided to try Nine Dragons on a whim... I was supposed to have lunch at San Angel, and for some reason or another, we didn't go... I think my friend saw the menu and decided there was nothing he would eat.. So we took a stroll over to China.. We were going to have Lotus Blossom again but I said we should try Nine Dragons, see if there was a wait and how long it would be since we didn't have ADRs.. We walked in and there were only two tables with people... We were seated right away...

Ohh and what made the lunch even better was the DVC discount LOL...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom