Tell Everyone I'm On My Way! - Oct 2013 PTR

Greetings!

You may remember me from my August TR last year (the birthday one with the Star Wars convention?) well it looks like I get to write up *another* trip report this fall! :D

Here we are celebrating my birthday.
Traditionalshot.jpg

Now for a little bit of back story on this visit...

On our last trip, Brandon and I knew that we wanted to head back to the World one last time before starting a family. I began crunching numbers, checking out different resort options, etc and was seriously considering renting DVC points. Well, I get home from work one night and my husband hands me a piece of paper saying "Oh, I did this today." He went ahead and booked us a long weekend (Oct 8th-11th) at the Wilderness Lodge for our anniversary. My reaction? I punched him in the shoulder. :) I couldn't believe he went ahead and booked it! He's so sneaky! :)

I can't wait to start finalizing details of this trip!

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
that's so cool of him! have a blast, and def keep us posted. Have you guys stayed at wl before?
We have only stayed once and that was back in December '07. Needless to say we fell in love with the place and I can't wait to see it again! The Christmas decorations were stunning and even though the lobby won't be dressed for the season it'll still be a sight to see. :)

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
Sooo...booked my ADRs today! I didn't do too many and the ones I have right now might change depending on scheduling. But as it stands...

10/08 - Arrival day (and our anniversary)! Going to try for lunch at Be Our Guest (no ADR) and hit the ground running at the MK.
10/09 - Lunch at Nine Dragons. I haven't eaten here in YEARS and it would be Brandon's first time.
Dinner at The Wave. Went here for my birthday and was very impressed! Really looking forward to this meal!
10/10 - Dinner at Jiko. This is a new one for us. We've been to Boma and while I liked it, Brandon was less than impressed.

Knowing me I'll be online and find some other places I'd like to try, which would result in some ADR shuffling. But, there is still PLENTY of time....although my overactive-planner-brain would beg to differ. :D

PolynesianPrincess

Wow, how awesome!! Nothing like a surprise WDW from the hubby to make a girl happy, right?! :)

WL is my families current favorite resort that we've stayed in. Not that we have much to compare it to (we've only ever stayed in the values) but it is just such a beautiful place.

Can't wait to read all about it!! :)

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
We will be there Oct. 8-14. Hope the crowds aren't to bad.
The past few times we've gone that week it wasn't too bad. The only issue we ran into back in 2010 was a crazy Saturday at Epcot thanks to F&W Festival.

Wow, how awesome!! Nothing like a surprise WDW from the hubby to make a girl happy, right?! :)

WL is my families current favorite resort that we've stayed in. Not that we have much to compare it to (we've only ever stayed in the values) but it is just such a beautiful place.

Can't wait to read all about it!! :)
Oh I know! I couldn't believe he did it, he's so good to me! WL is the only deluxe we've stayed in and I'm so excited to come back. The boat ride to the MK is one of my favorite things to do.

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
Awesome! We'll just miss you, we're celebrating our 15th this year and wanted to do the same thing and ended up renting some points:
15Years.jpg

Have a great time!!
Congrats on your 15th! Looks like you have a nice agenda there. I look forward to seeing the AKL when we go to Jiko. It's such a lovely resort.
Have fun on your trip! :)

agorna

we will just miss you also! well be there oct 12-20 for our honeymoon!

it will be my 8th time there and my finances first.. super excited to introduce him to the magic of Disney.

is MNSSHP worth it? this will be my first time
visiting during that time of the year.. I usually go during Christmas... also.. how are the crowds compared to that time?

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
we will just miss you also! well be there oct 12-20 for our honeymoon!

it will be my 8th time there and my finances first.. super excited to introduce him to the magic of Disney.

is MNSSHP worth it? this will be my first time
visiting during that time of the year.. I usually go during Christmas... also.. how are the crowds compared to that time?
MNSSHP is totally worth it, in my opinion. It's a really fun event even if you don't dress up. The Boo-To-You parade is pretty much one of my favorite night time parades (second only to Spectromagic.) The crowds aren't too bad and we didn't really have any crazy-long waits for rides.

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
Found out MNSSHP tickets went on sale today! I'm thinking we'll get them for 10/10, nice way to spend out last night unless our schedule changes. (I'm hoping it does so we can add an extra day)

foreverbelle

OK your husband dif rocks for doing this for you. I mean how awesome is that. And for staying at WL!! I mean seriously amazing...

I love your plans.good luck on getting tickets to MNSSHP!!!

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
Well, it looks like plans are changing...

Turns out that my husband had been doing some thinking over the weekend and he proposed that we move the trip from October to December. I thought about it for a little while myself and realized that we'd be able to stay a little longer, go at a more relaxed pace compared to our last two trips, and we'd be going after the Thanksgiving festivities. So I think it'll work out just fine. :) I do look forward to seeing the WL all decorated for the holidays and I'm pretty sure we'll go to MVMCP.

Back in '07 we stayed at the WL in December and while we had a great time, we both were so stressed out before we left town. This feeling carried over at times on the trip and I know I was trying so hard to have fun no matter what! Not a good way to go about things, let me tell you. Ended up getting way too emotional by the time we left and it wasn't fun.

We've gone through some ups and downs this year and with my new job starting up, it'll be a good way to end the year. This will also be the last WDW trip for a little while seeing how we want to try and start a family. :)
Well now....looks like I've got some new ADRs to plan :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom