Teens at Disney

walthimself05

i feel your hurtin guys:cry:

i was tryin to get on TTA and some big BiG cm started yelling at me and my friends to sit down. So... I quickly sat down. But she would smile at everyone except the teens.

THis isn't as bad in Disney but usually outside, ya kno when u walk in a store and an employee follows you around.:brick: :brick:

ya kno, Disney was made for partiers (Pleasure Island) For Kids (all the parks) for jobs (CM's) for immigrants (Epcot) for animal lovers (AK) for movie buffs (MGM) and for magic (MK). Theres something for everyone and thats what makes WDW different from everything else. And i kno all the craphole adults out there might not see this thread but if someone ever says something to you, then just tell them your having fun your way.

peace out

maelstrom

I've noticed more obnoxious adults than obnoxious teenagers. The only time I really see groups of obnoxious teenagers is when they're there on a class trip or some such. And I hate to say it, since I am one, but those cheerleaders are really annoying sometimes. Being that they're cheerleaders they get overly excited and peppy about things (heh, I was the antisocial cheerleader, I never did stuff like that). There's annoying people in every age group. I find little kids and elderly people to be very annoying most of the time, but they're in Disney World to have a good time just like everyone else, so you have to deal with it. I think society in general just has a bad idea of teenagers and a stereotype of how they're supposed to act.

Words of wisdom from the 17 year old Disney geek. :D :p

SpongeScott

OK, I'll put my head on the chopping block and be the first "adult" to respond. I agree with a lot of what I read here--you have every right to go and enjoy WDW. But let's look at a few adult perspectives.

First, perhaps it is the 13-19 crowd that generally will cause the most trouble at WDW. Yes, there are annoying people in any age group, but overall it may be proven that teens are more likely to be problem makers than others. Perhaps this is why the person was "yelled" at sit down on the TTA. Maybe there had been some trouble earlier with someone else doing the same thing.

Second, when you become an adult, you'll look at some of these issues differently than you do now. Trust me, you will. Not saying that your perspective is wrong, but it will change over the course of time and maturity to where you'll see things the way adults right now are seeing them.

Third, teens need to remember to have a healthy respect for adults. You are on your way to being adults, but not quite there yet. I work with teens in my job and I respect and treat them as an adult until they give me reason to do otherwise. I guess I'm big on the "respect your elders" adage, and if you are being disrespectful in any shape or form, then you are not doing yourself a favor. Go to WDW and have fun, cut up, goof around, have a great time. But this is not a place to be shouting obscenities or vulgarities or being disrespectful to people around you or to the property. Follow the rules and use good manners. Most of all, have fun and don't let cranky, I've-got-a-stick-up-my-rear adults ruin your vacation.

EmeraldDolphin

Originally posted by mattravels
OK...I've heard WAY too much about how "annoying?" teens are in Disney. People, NOT ALL, teens are the same! Obnoxious teens are the same as Obnoxious adults. I'm sorry if I sound mean or anything but I just read one post to a thread that upset me. Pretty much they think teens aren't sophisticated enough to be at Disney? I BEG to differ. We'll be the adults some day bringing our children to Disney. JUST THINK next time you say something putting down the teen age group on this site. Thank you.

I'm sorry if I have offended anyone.

Any more comments on Teens in Disney would be appreciated and welcomed to explain to me WHY it is people think TEENAGERS do NOT belond at DISNEY!!

P.S. I'M LEAVING TOMORROW!!! YAY!!!:sohappy:

I'm not a teen, but I have 3 teens! They're not obnoxious in the least, or annoying... they're great kids, as are all their friends, and so I know many teens that are not obnoxious or annoying! I've met many adults in my years that a WAY more annoying and obnoxious than teens are for sure! Don't let it upset you... just go to Disney and have a wonderful time!!! :D

walthimself05

Originally posted by sandjhooker

First, perhaps it is the 13-19 crowd that generally will cause the most trouble at WDW. Yes, there are annoying people in any age group, but overall it may be proven that teens are more likely to be problem makers than others. Perhaps this is why the person was "yelled" at sit down on the TTA. Maybe there had been some trouble earlier with someone else doing the same thing.

Doesn't everyone love how he picks people out:D

1080skier

teens

I'm 18...I stay at the carribean beach a couple times a year and there's always alot of kids there....nobody causes any problems though, and there's sure no more roudy teens in the parks than there is at any other theme park or mall or anywhere else.

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
your head very much could be on a chopping block. ( i am sorry if that sounds really mean...i am very nutty right now so i cant tell)

i dont feel like writing a long reply so here goes the short version:

1) yes we (i am 16 17 on may 21) pro. cause the most trouble...i would be curious to know the actual numbers. but that doesnt mean that we should be disrespected...if something had happened earlier that day the cm should still have been responsible enough to treat every person fairly wait until they do something to respond or be INCREDIBLY incredibly incredibly nice if u think they will do something

2) so whats your point, exactly? (sorry if rude) yes we will all change different things

3)teens also deserve a healthy dose of r-e-s-p-e-c-t (think about the song :lol: :lol: )i agree we should all be respectful of adults and i personally am as well as the vast majority of teens at wdw...its just a FEW who cause trouble. adults shouldnt ruin our vacation...

if EVERYONE 1 day to 100,000,000 days old would act maturely wdw would be a much happier and magical place

i am sorry if offended anyone

Brooke

i am a teen, and when my friends and i go we never cause trouble. some teens can cause trouble, but so can adults!

maelstrom

Originally posted by Brooke
i am a teen, and when my friends and i go we never cause trouble. some teens can cause trouble, but so can adults!

Sometimes adults are so much more annoying! I've found that adults cut in line more than kids or teenagers do! They're very obnoxious about getting a place up front for the parades. And parents with strollers love hitting you with them. :)

Erika

OK, I'll put my head on the chopping block and be the first "adult" to respond. I agree with a lot of what I read here--you have every right to go and enjoy WDW. But let's look at a few adult perspectives.

Second, when you become an adult, you'll look at some of these issues differently than you do now. Trust me, you will. Not saying that your perspective is wrong, but it will change over the course of time and maturity to where you'll see things the way adults right now are seeing them.

Third, teens need to remember to have a healthy respect for adults. You are on your way to being adults, but not quite there yet. I work with teens in my job and I respect and treat them as an adult until they give me reason to do otherwise. I guess I'm big on the "respect your elders" adage, and if you are being disrespectful in any shape or form, then you are not doing yourself a favor. Go to WDW and have fun, cut up, goof around, have a great time. But this is not a place to be shouting obscenities or vulgarities or being disrespectful to people around you or to the property. Follow the rules and use good manners. Most of all, have fun and don't let cranky, I've-got-a-stick-up-my-rear adults ruin your vacation.

I'm with ya Scott :wave:

It wasn't so long ago that I was a teen myself, and I am not suggesting that all or even most teens are bad. But at Disney or anywhere else, I run into plenty of teenagers that give the rest of you a bad reputation. Don't let it get to you. Unlike other characteristics that people will discriminate against, this is one you will grow out of. Be thankful for that.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by Disneyanna0521
your head very much could be on a chopping block. ( i am sorry if that sounds really mean...i am very nutty right now so i cant tell)

i dont feel like writing a long reply so here goes the short version:

1) yes we (i am 16 17 on may 21) pro. cause the most trouble...i would be curious to know the actual numbers. but that doesnt mean that we should be disrespected...if something had happened earlier that day the cm should still have been responsible enough to treat every person fairly wait until they do something to respond or be INCREDIBLY incredibly incredibly nice if u think they will do something

2) so whats your point, exactly? (sorry if rude) yes we will all change different things

3)teens also deserve a healthy dose of r-e-s-p-e-c-t (think about the song :lol: :lol: )i agree we should all be respectful of adults and i personally am as well as the vast majority of teens at wdw...its just a FEW who cause trouble. adults shouldnt ruin our vacation...

if EVERYONE 1 day to 100,000,000 days old would act maturely wdw would be a much happier and magical place

i am sorry if offended anyone
No offense taken on my part. In response to you:

1. Noble of you to admit that teens probably do cause the most trouble, though, as has been said and is true, all ages groups can be trouble. That being said, let's say the CM has been told by their supervisor that they have been having trouble lately with teenagers acting up on the TTA and the supervisor has told them to have an almost zero-tolerance policy with them. Therefore, the CM is justified in doing what they did. There could be a lot behind this that we have no idea about. Or if the CM had some trouble previously with some teens, right or not, they probably are not going to have the tolerance for bad/wrong behavior from other teens. There is too much from this situation that we don't know about.

2. What I'm saying is that as you get older, your views on how you see things and perceive them will be different, first as an adult, and then as a parent. You will probably see the teens causing trouble issue in a different light.

3. Yes, r-e-s-p-e-c-t is a two-way street. Being an adult doesn't give me the right to be ugly to you or others of any age group. I'm glad that you are respectful of adults and that you aren't one of the problem causers. But, if other teens have made vacations miserable for other families because of their language, attitudes, or actions, they do nothing but add to the generalization of your age group, and sometimes you pay the price for that as a teen. Trust me on this, I know of this from my own experience as a teenager on a golf course many years ago in Florida. My brother and I were harassed greatly because of our age. But that's another story.

If an adult gets upset with you while you're at WDW, let it be like water on a duck's back and enjoy your vacation. Demographical profiling will always be here to haunt us, no matter our age.

monorail256

Maybe its just that some teens dont understand the true magic of disney? humph.. who knows? Lets just let them have a good time! They'll remember it.. take their kids.. and then their kids will take their kids.. ect.. and Disney will live forever! I like the sound of that :sohappy:

-MoNoRaIl256 :king:

Merlin

Account Suspended

That being said, let's say the CM has been told by their supervisor that they have been having trouble lately with teenagers acting up on the TTA and the supervisor has told them to have an almost zero-tolerance policy with them. Therefore, the CM is justified in doing what they did. There could be a lot behind this that we have no idea about. Or if the CM had some trouble previously with some teens, right or not, they probably are not going to have the tolerance for bad/wrong behavior from other teens. There is too much from this situation that we don't know about.

Sorry, but this one's a little tough for me to swallow. I've delivered more customer service training sessions than I can count and this CM's behavior is a major customer service error. You never take one guest's (or customer's) actions out on another guest who had nothing to do with it.

It's been a VERY long time since I was a teenager, but I still remember some bad experiences, as a teen, in which I was well-behaved but still reprimanded or treated differently for being a teenager. So I can completely relate to what these teens on this thread are saying.

Having said that, I have noticed an interesting phenomenon regarding clientele, in general, at Disney and Universal parks versus other parks (i.e. Six Flags, Cedar Point, Kings Island and Busch Gardens). I don't know if it has to do with the types of visitors each of these parks attract or what. But it seems to me that, almost consistently, my fellow guests at Disney and Universal parks tend to just be a whole lot more pleasant. And I frankly am not paying much attention to their ages, just their general behavior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom