Teen denied entry to AK for outfit....

jaques21

I guess she doesn't know WDW as well as we do:shrug: or a member of this forum:ROFLOL: at least WDW accommodated them with free clothes her loss if she didn't take them......not everyday WDW gives free stuff.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Odd that this is a "news"story. Must be a slow day or something. The rules are the rules so you can't fault Disney, but I did feel a little bad for her. It's not like she was 25. 15 is still just a kid. I just can't beleive the boyfriend threw on some tights and went as Peter Pan. That must be true love :ROFLOL:

wdw71fan

my harsh reply to this article is...

WDW is private property.. If you don't like the rules, then don't come. Admission is a privilege, not a right.

Sorry.. I'm not in a 'spare their feelings' mood.. ;)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
If only she had employed a Photopass photographer to follow her round so Disney could have made some money.................

BrittanyRose428

I find this really strange, because if I went somewhere like a theme park and cast members told me to do something I would do it. Sure, maybe question it if you really weren't aware of the rules, but really, was it that big of a deal? She got way more out of it than was really necessary, with the free clothes/fast passes. I just found the whole thing really odd, how she was crying saying she just wanted to be Tinkerbell. :shrug:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
They gave the family free clothes and fast passes. Sounds like a good deal to me!

Sounds like the newest scam to me.
Might be the only way to ride Soarin' this July - show up as your favourite Disney character. And free clothes too.

In the future, Disney should just turn these folks away. Period. No free swag. No perks. Buh - bye.

Jakester

They don't allow it because they dont want tourist to mistake them as actual disney cast members, I can see why this rule is in effect, I personally dont see anything wrong with dressing up like this

bethymouse

I think so...

I agree with Disney 100%, though it's odd - Can't adults get made up to look like Jack Sparrow at the Pirates League?

I believe so, but I guess it's not the "full costume". Ii think it's just make-up and maybe the "hat".:shrug:

I agree w/ the other poster. She should be quite flattered that they thought she looked so much like Tink, and very grateful that they gave them clothes to change into AND fastpasses!:D

slappy magoo

If they tell my 12 year old cousin with cerebral palsy that she can't be a princess in MK, hell is breaking loose.

Honestly, I doubt that'll happen. The reasons they have the policy are twofold:

1: They're afraid someone's costume looks so much like the costume their cast members might wear when playing that character that other guests may confuse them for "the real deal," approach them for autographs, create a crowd around them that CMs can not contain - remember, those CMs dressed as characters always have "handlers" to assist them with crowds. This little 15-year old gets knocked over by an overenthusiastic and large Tink fan, she sues Disney. The crowds prevent her from going on any attractions, she probably sues Disney.

2: They're afraid that person might then act in an undignified/non-"Disney" manner ("Mommy, why is Tinkerbell shoving her tongue into Jack Sparrow's mouth?")

With all due respect, I can't imagine either of those problems applying to your cousin.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Honestly, I doubt that'll happen. The reasons they have the policy are twofold:

1: They're afraid someone's costume looks so much like the costume their cast members might wear when playing that character that other guests may confuse them for "the real deal," approach them for autographs, create a crowd around them that CMs can not contain - remember, those CMs dressed as characters always have "handlers" to assist them with crowds. This little 15-year old gets knocked over by an overenthusiastic and large Tink fan, she sues Disney. The crowds prevent her from going on any attractions, she probably sues Disney.

2: They're afraid that person might then act in an undignified/non-"Disney" manner ("Mommy, why is Tinkerbell shoving her tongue into Jack Sparrow's mouth?")

With all due respect, I can't imagine either of those problems applying to your cousin.

Don't forget the number 3 possiblity...having 2 Tinks in the same area...creating a major paradox in every child's mind (like seeing 2 Mickey's next to each other)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom