"Technical Rescue" on Transformers?

Thessair

Original Poster
Sorry if this is a repost, but I didn't see it elsewhere (although I may be blind).

Anyone know what the deal is with TF today?

Guests at Universal Orlando Resort are being taken off Transformers: The Ride 3-D as Orlando fire officials say crews are performing a "technical rescue" on the ride.

Fire officials said crews have been on scene at Universal since 10:30 a.m.

Details of the rescue were not immediately released, but Orlando fire officials said no one has been taken to the hospital.

This is a developing story. Check back and refresh this article for the latest updates.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new.../2014/7/15/universal_transformers_rescue.html

Tom Morrow

Non-news, most likely. Rides are evacuated during breakdowns all the time. If there are disabled guests on the ride that need assistance exiting, the fire department is called to assist. Or in Disney's case, Reedy Creek.

Thessair

Original Poster
Thanks. I didn't realize the fire department was called for assistance in getting disabled guests disembarked for evacs.

natatomic

Non-news, most likely. Rides are evacuated during breakdowns all the time. If there are disabled guests on the ride that need assistance exiting, the fire department is called to assist. Or in Disney's case, Reedy Creek.

I think this is "news" (in relation to other boring evacs) because the fire department is actually having to rappel down to rescue the guests! I have no idea why that's necessary. Anyone have any insight?

lazyboy97o

I think this is "news" (in relation to other boring evacs) because the fire department is actually having to rappel down to rescue the guests! I have no idea why that's necessary. Anyone have any insight?
My immediate guess would be one of the elevators.

lazyboy97o

I know very little about that ride. Is there a website with a general layout or description? I only rode it once, but I don't remember anything that seemed like an elevator...
That's because the illusion works and you were too busy watching the scenes. There are four elevators total, two that move ride vehicles up and two that bring them back down. They're in all three versions of the ride.

Pixie VaVoom

I totally wanna go !!!! Hubby and I are trying to swing something in a couple of years when Disney opens up Avtar, and just hit it all !!!

danpam1024

I'm in Fort Myers and have been hearing about it all day- no real info, just that the FD had to "rescue" people- you know, typical UNformation :D And they follow it up with "120 people had to be rescued from a Disney monorail days ago".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom